Thread: Twitter Suspends Nikki Finke's--Deadline Hollywood--Account

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Twitter Suspends Nikki Finke's--Deadline Hollywood--Account

Twitter, Not Afraid to Stand Up to Satan's Vagina, Nikki Finke, Suspends Her Account

By Dustin Rowles |

This is all kinds of inside baseball, so if you don’t care a thing about Satan’s Vagina, Nikki Finke (who runs Deadline), don’t bother with the post. I also won’t recount Nikki Finke’s lengthy history of being a horrible, awful, mean and nasty woman, except to point you toward a few recent developments likely responsible for the suspension of Finke’s Twitter account.
    Besides being an all around evil woman, Finke also recently threatened to destroy Bret Easton Ellis after Ellis revealed that she lived in the same building as him. Basically, she told Ellis’ agents that, if they didn’t fire him, she would reveal the addresses and schools of all the agents’ family members. Ellis, in turn, got himself a lawyer.
    Finke is also embroiled in a frivolous lawsuit with The Hollywood Reporter, over on Vulture, Gavin Polone attempted to elicit a lawsuit from Finke by revealing some of her bullying tactics, and most recently, a fake Nikki Finke Twitter account sprung up in the wake of Finke’s insensitive comments about the movie theater shooting in Colorado.
    Finke blew a gasket about the parody account. She began threatening the people responsible for the fake account. The result? As of this moment, both the parody Nikki Finke account and, inexplicably, the real Nikki Finke account have been suspended. Why? My guess is that Twitter just got tired of dealing with Finke and/or just assumed hers was a fake account, too. I mean, no one in real life is that terrible of a person, right? Right?
    (Source: The Atlantic)

Twitter, Not Afraid to Stand Up to Satan's Vagina, Nikki Finke, Suspends Her Account

The Vulture article linked in the Pajiba piece is quite good for background on Finke's tactics. A snippet:

This perception of her power appears to me to have emboldened her to step up her attacks on those who either compete with her or dare to favor one of her competitors. In a recent article, she referred to Daily Variety as getting “more tarnished and less respected.” In another tirade, she said that The Hollywood Reporter (which she’s been battling for a while now) is losing money and is “no longer trusted by the Hollywood community,” because they are “spinning bullshit as news.” A prominent journalist told me of an incident where Nikki, angered by an imagined transgression, called her at 5 a.m. and screamed at her. I spoke to a well-known studio head who told me that, after Nikki felt undermined by her, Finke called the studio head’s house at 9 p.m. and yelled at her, calling her a “cunt” and threatening to write negative stories about her. I have also heard of a situation where another trade paper got some exclusive promotional materials from a studio on an upcoming film and Nikki called that studio and told them that, because they didn’t favor her with this exclusive, she was going to “shit all over” the movie in question.

I don't know enough about Finke to make a judgement call but IMO, this might be an attempt by the upper echelons of the entertainment 'press' to destroy a powerful, mouthy woman who is cutting into their credibility.

mjw
    Elite Member

Never heard of her but she sounds like a sweet and rational woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I don't know enough about Finke to make a judgement call but IMO, this might be an attempt by the upper echelons of the entertainment 'press' to destroy a powerful, mouthy woman who is cutting into their credibility.
    or maybe she's just a cunt?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    or maybe she's just a cunt?
    Maybe. Quite possibly. Most likely. Like I said, I don't know enough about her to make that call. I've heard her name plenty though, and I thought it was kind of extreme to suspend her Twitter account.

Thread Information