Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Matt Bomer Can't Play Christian Grey Because He's Gay, says Bret Easton Ellis

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Matt Bomer Can't Play Christian Grey Because He's Gay, says Bret Easton Ellis

Bret Easton Ellis Says Casting Matt Bomer As Christian Grey Would Be Ludicrous Because He’s Gay

WTF Ellis? Seriously? Supposedly because Matt Bomer is gay, there is no way on earth that he could play the role of Christian Grey.

Bret Easton Ellis, who tried to make it quite clear that he wasn’t discriminating, went on a Twitter rant saying that Matt Bomer “isn’t right for Christian Grey because he is openly gay.” The tweets didn’t end there, however, as he continued his venting spree stating, “Fifty Shades of Grey demands an actor that is genuinely into women. Get it?!?”

Here are the tweets that started off the firestorm.

“Okay. Let’s finalize this. Matt Bomer is totally hot and a very good actor. He is NOT right for Christian Grey and it complicates the role,” Ellis tweeted. “I don’t care how good an actor you are but being married to another man complicates things for playing CG…Matt Bomer is NOT about discrimination. It’s about an intensely straight actor wanting absolutely to screw Ana Steele…the most popular book on the planet having Matt Bomer–a gay actor–play Christian Grey is absolutely ludicrous. Why?”

Bret tweeted at the weekend: “Fifty Shades of Grey: Casting Matt Bomer is the equivalent as casting Jesse Tyler Ferguson…” Ferguson is a gay actor who plays a gay character on Modern Family.

The writer revealed a few days later: “It’s a very major disappointment to announce that I’ve somehow been taken off the list of possible screenwriters for Fifty Shades of Grey… @E_L_James I hope you find someone as passionate as I was about Fifty Shades of Grey. I will miss it.”

All we can say is that we’re very happy that Bret Easton Ellis will not writing the screenplay or directing Fifty Shades Of Grey.

Check out the series of tweets below…

“Okay. Let’s finalise this. Matt Bomer is totally hot and a very good actor. He is NOT right for Christian Grey and it complicates the role,” Bret said on Twitter.

“Fifty Shades of Grey: Matt Bomer: I don’t care how good an actor you are but being married to another man complicates things for playing CG.

“Fifty Shades of Grey: Matt Bomer is NOT about discrimination. It’s about an intensely straight actor wanting absolutely to screw Ana Steele.”

He continued: “Fifty Shades of Grey: the most popular book on the planet having Matt Bomer–a gay actor–play Christian Grey is absolutely ludicrous. Why?

“Jesus, the homophobia over Matt Bomer not being Christian Grey is so unsettling and aesthetically retarded. He’s NOT right for Christian G.

“Okay I’ll say it. Matt Bomer isn’t right for Christian Grey because he is openly gay. He’s great for other roles but this is too big a game.”

Bret added: “And I think if Matt Bomer wants the role which I doubt the international press tour will be an embarrassing fiasco. He’s not CG. Never…

“I am NOT discriminating Matt Bomer because of his sexuality. Fifty Shades of Grey demands an actor that is genuinely into women. Get it?!?

“I actually think it’s cool that women want Matt Bomer as Christian Grey. It means that we’ve moved beyond stereotypes and that gay is hot…

“I think Matt Bomer is incredibly handsome and a good actor but I think he comes off totally gay in White Collar. And that is why no to CG…”

He concluded: “Look, all actors are GAY: they put on make up and pretend to be someone else. That’s just a fact. Rock and roll. Deal with it. Scientology?

“Would anyone watch Brokeback Mountain if it stayed true to the original story where both characters are hideously ugly? No. Homo beauty WIN?

“Hollywood is the most homophobic place in the entire world.”
    Bret Easton Ellis Says Casting Matt Bomer As Christian Grey Would Be Ludicrous Because He’s Gay - Socialite Life

This is part of the reason why so many actors/actresses don't want to be open about their sexuality. Can the audience utilize "suspension of disbelief" if the actor is good enough? I would think so.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

So what? Gay actors should stick to either asexual roles or the Gay Best Friend? /facepalm

Personally speaking it doesn't bother me whether an actor loves men or women or both as I'm more interested in his performance on screen than his performance in the privacy of his own bedroom.
    MmeVertigina, Karistiona and mopar like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

How about Neil Patrick Harris?

Too bad Tom Cruise is too old. That's a straighter than an arrow motherfucker. And he will sue your ass into oblivion if you are say otherwise.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Silver Member

Ellis just got shown the door on this project. Maybe this is why? If not, why is he still going on about it?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Fuck Fifty Shits of Grey! I am so tired of hearing about this crap. Why is BEE so goddamn obsessed with this dreck?
    hustle4alivin likes this.

The guy is OBSESSED with this book/adaptation. He constantly tweets EL James, and basically started a campaign so he could adapt it. But I heard they have already found a script-writer for the movie. But Ellis is a bigoted twat - and even though this is going to be a bit of a hot mess of a movie - I think Bomer would be perfect. Not gonna lie I would love to see him naked and doing the smexy!

That's why is called acting, fuckwit.
    tulip, Snarker and hustle4alivin like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It’s about an intensely straight actor wanting absolutely to screw Ana Steele
    no. It's not about an actor. It's about a fictional CHARACTER wanting to screw another fictional character.
    *DIVA!, Novice and mopar like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

This guy's attitude is the reason so many actors stay closeted.
    *DIVA!, hustle4alivin and mopar like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Asshole. Does this mean Robert Pattinson really is a sparkly virgin vampire because he can't play one in a movie if he's not one in real life right?
    *DIVA! and mopar like this.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Never heard of Matt Bomer but he's pretty hot. Still wouldn't make me shell out one dime for this movie.
    Lalique and Janet296 like this.

Let me just reiterate that the writer of this trash's claim to fame before this series was writing Twilight fanfic under the name Snowqueen Icedragon. You can't make this shit up.

And here, in case many of you are like me and have no desire to read this book after perusing even the tiniest blurb of its stupidity. I think this sums up Christian Grey's sexual prowess rather well.

Katrina Lumsden (Charlotte, MI)'s review of Fifty Shades of Grey
    southernbelle and NVash like this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I don't give a rat's arse about Matt Bomer's sexuality. Easton Ellis is a fucking moron. I read the books and yeah, it's not that great, BUT I just want this movie made and I think Matt Bomer would be an excellent choice. He's so hot!
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Let me just reiterate that the writer of this trash's claim to fame before this series was writing Twilight fanfic under the name Snowqueen Icedragon. You can't make this shit up.

And here, in case many of you are like me and have no desire to read this book after perusing even the tiniest blurb of its stupidity. I think this sums up Christian Grey's sexual prowess rather well.

Katrina Lumsden (Charlotte, MI)'s review of Fifty Shades of Grey

50 Shades IS Twilight fanfic LOL - just do a search for Master of the Universe part 1 and 2 its still around the net despite what her publisher and James say. A blog did a comparison and found it was only the names and a few minor details were changed. There was no real editing and there is much better fanfiction written. But there is a whole slew of Twilight fanfic being published now. I am surprised Meyer hasn't sued the epubs who started this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information