Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's honeymoon was papped

Default Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's honeymoon was papped

Palace outrage as Australian magazine publishes intimate photographs of Prince William and Kate's island honeymoon

• Woman's Day splashed a photo of the couple hand-in-hand on a beach on their front cover
    • 15 more pictures are printed inside and the couple are said to be feeling 'upset and betrayed'
    • Photos shows Kate's taut stomach in a tiny black bikini and William in colourful board shorts

By Emily Allen

PUBLISHED: 14:59, 11 July 2012 | UPDATED: 15:57, 11 July 2012

An Australian magazine has sparked outrage after publishing intimate pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their honeymoon - despite a collective agreement among the media that it was a breach of their privacy.

When the newly-weds jetted off on their 10-day romantic break to the Seychelles last year, there was an unofficial agreement among news organisations that they wouldn't print or publish photos of them on their holiday.

But now, more than a year later, Australian magazine Woman's Day has decided to splash an unauthorised photo across its July 16 front cover showing the royal couple walking hand-in-hand along a beach.

Newlyweds: The Duke and Duchess on their wedding day last year. They decided to honeymoon in the Seychelles and the British press knew printing pictures of their holiday would be a breach of their privacy

Inside there are another 15 pictures, some showing the couple in the water, as they relaxed on North Island in the Indian Ocean. The headline on the front 'Our island paradise' wrongly appears to suggest the couple approved the publication.

More...

In the main photo Kate's bronzed, taut stomach is clearly on display in a tiny black halter-neck bikini with gold detail, while search-and-rescue pilot William is seen in a bright pair of board shorts.
    The unknown photographer, who appears to have used a long lens, seems to have escaped the eagle eye of the coastguard who reportedly patrolled the beach to protect the couple's privacy.
    The Duke and Duchess are said to be 'upset', while royal sources have expressed their 'surprise' about the decision to publish the photographs.

Private: North Island in the Seychelles where the Duke and Duchess spent their 10 day break (file picture). An Australian magazine has now published pictures of the couple enjoying their honeymoon there

They stressed that the Duke and Duchess's feelings were as strong today as they had been last year. 'They feel it is a significant invasion of a very private, special time,' they said.

A St James's Palace spokesman said: 'The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge considered their honeymoon to be a very private event after their hugely public wedding. For this reason they asked the media to respect their privacy. That is something they continue to do so.'
    Australian magazine Woman's Day has decided to splash an unauthorised photo across its July 16 front cover (another edition pictured)

The publication of the honeymoon photos is likely to rile the Duke of Cambridge especially, as he has been trying to protect his new wife from press intrusion following the death of his mother Diana in a Paris car crash in 1997.
    It is unclear why the magazine, owned by ACP Magazines, has chosen to publish the images now. Editors have not yet responded for comment.
    The couple stayed in a £4,000-a-night-bungalow on North Island in May last year after marrying on April 29.

Their villa had its own butler, an open-air bathroom area with sunken bath and shower, a private garden and a wooden deck with freshwater rock pool and yoga pavilion.
    It is understood that William arranged a surprise sunset cruise and asked the resort to set up a champagne picnic on one of the island’s most secluded beaches during their stay.
    They first visited the Seychelles in August 2007 when they stayed on Desroches, 150 miles south west of the Seychelles' main island Mahe, for a week-long break. It was reported that William told islanders the Desroches trip was the best holiday he had ever had.
    The four-mile long island, blanketed by coconut groves, has only a handful of luxury villas, each with stunning views across the warm Indian Ocean.

It's not the first time an Australian magazine has got into trouble with the Royals.

In 2008 there was a 'media blackout' and the British media officially agreed with St James's Palace not to publish the fact Prince Harry was serving in Afghanistan.
    However, he hastily left the warzone after Australia's New Idea magazine broke a global media promise not to declare his presence in the country, as did a U.S. news website.
    When the news was revealed there were fears it could increase the danger to him and his fellow soldiers.

Honeymoon: Kate and William at Buckingham Palace the day after their nuptials. They went on a 'mini moon' before their honeymoon in May last year. The location was a closely guarded secret until after they returned

Stunning: Desroches in the Seychelles is four miles long and blanketed in palm trees with only a handful of luxury villas. Kate and William visited the island in 2007 but went to North Island for their honeymoon

Prince Harry - who is known as Captain Wales in the Army - was serving as a forward air controller operating in Helmand province and co-ordinated air support and aviation across the area, calling in jets to drop bombs on enemy targets.
    'We did not knowingly breach any embargo and were not party to any agreement for a media blackout on the story,' said New Idea in a short apology at the time.

Few people noticed the initial report in New Idea, but a scandal erupted after the U.S. website the Drudge Report picked up the story and broadcast it internationally.

Breach: Prince Harry standing in front of an Apache helicopter last year. He served in Afghanistan in 2008 but was hastily brought home after foreign media broke a pledge not to reveal he was serving there

The magazine, which often runs cover stories of the British royal family, said it was not 'alert to the possible ramifications' of publishing the story of Harry in Afghanistan.

'We regret this serious lapse of judgement,' it said. 'We sincerely apologise to all our readers, to the servicemen whose lives are at constant risk while serving at home and abroad and to their families and loved ones.'
    Media blackouts are not very common and refer to the censorship of a specific topic for a specific reason. They can be voluntary or enforced by the government, although this can be controversial especially in peacetime.

Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton's honeymoon photographs published by Australian magazine | Mail Online

I want to see!!

fgg

where are the pics???
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

god, i hope her body is photoshopped, 'cause it looks so weird in that pic.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yikes she looks horrifying
    Honey likes this.

I have been saying for some time that her weight is extremely unnatural and unhealthy looking. She looks 10-15 years older than she did 3 years ago. If this is a real pic then I rest my case. I think she looks almost gaunt in the pictures people post of her and that pic is frightening.

Silver Member

http://www.hollywire.com/sites/defau...041.cached.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8dYm3sPSFO...xy-Bikini6.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jCGxj8j6JO...xy-Bikini2.jpg

She's gotten incredibly sinewy over the past 10 years, must work out like a fiend. Too narrow hipped for me but Willie obviously likes it/her.

I hope it's photoshopped too, I know she looks frail and too thin in clothes, but in a bathing suit she looks so unhealthy compared to her old pics. I am thinking of the ones with her and Will on a yacht from 4+ years ago.

And Will's shorts are fugly. They look like a floral print.

I think I can see her ribs .

Kate's body looks horrible now.

She has no waist, shoulders are wider than her hips.

Surely that can't be right? I mean, she looks like she should be falling over!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

No wonder they're pissed. She looks like hell on a biscuit.

Her body isn't made to be that thin. I'm very thin as well, but I'm petite all over, whereas Kate has big shoulders and an athletic build. How does she have any energy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information