Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Spice Girls Reunite! Again! This Time To Promote A Musical!

Default The Spice Girls Reunite! Again! This Time To Promote A Musical!

The Spice Girls Reunite to Announce Details About Upcoming Musical
    Stop The Presses! – 1 hour 46 minutes ago

The Spice Girls on June 26 in London (AP Photo/PA, Ian West)

It was a Spice Girl reunion in London on Tuesday when Melanie Brown, Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, and Melanie Chisholm came together to drum up interest in "Viva Forever," an upcoming musical based on the hit songs of the '90s girl group.

The event took place at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, where the Spice Girls filmed their music video for "Wannabe" back in 1996. The women looked better than ever as they gathered to talk about "Viva Forever," which will be produced by Judy Craymer, the mastermind behind the ABBA musical "Mamma Mia." The show centers around four women whose friendship is put to the test when their band competes on a TV talent competition show. The musical, which opens this fall, will feature hit songs made famous by the Spice Girls, who sold 75 million records around the world.

"They sing it better than us," Melanie Brown, better known as "Scary Spice," told the Associated Press, referring to the cast of the musical.
    The Spice Girls formed in 1994 and shot to fame two years later when they released their debut single, "Wannabe." Some of their other hit songs include "Say You'll Be There," "Spice Up Your Life," and "Viva Forever," which was the inspiration behind the name of the musical. Halliwell left the group in 1998 and while the remaining four continued to make music together, they called it quits in 2000. This is the first Spice Girls appearance since they all participated in a reunion tour in 2007-2008.

After the event, Beckham — who is now based in Los Angeles where her husband, David, plays soccer for the L.A. Galaxy — immediately headed back to the States, but the Spice Girls were definitely on her mind. "On my way home!! Thank you @MelanieCmusic @OfficialMelB @EmmaBunton @GeriHalliwell for an amazing day!! "

"Viva Forever" begins previews in November, then opens at London's Piccadilly Theatre on December 11.

Source: The Spice Girls Reunite to Announce Details About Upcoming Musical | Stop The Presses! (NEW) - Yahoo! Music
    Wow. Theyve aged.

The event took place at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, where the Spice Girls filmed their music video for "Wannabe" back in 1996. The women looked better than ever as they gathered to talk about "Viva Forever," which will be produced by Judy Craymer, the mastermind behind the ABBA musical "Mamma Mia."

Source: The Spice Girls Reunite to Announce Details About Upcoming Musical | Stop The Presses! (NEW) - Yahoo! Music
    I beg to differ. They look old and haggard to me.

I think they look their age. It was 16 years ago when they started! Mel B is looking pretty rough though. She's as hard as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Wow. Theyve aged.
    Really? They've aged in the past 16 years?

I beg to differ. They look old and haggard to me.
    old and haggard? really? how freaking old are you that women in their 30's look old?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Posh looks like a child from a 19th century orphanage. Scary always looked best, but now the gap between her and the rest is almost non existent.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Really? They've aged in the past 16 years?

old and haggard? really? how freaking old are you that women in their 30's look old?
    Theyre only in their 30s? To me they look much older. Maybe its that theyre so thin. Mel B is the only one that looks half decent IMHO, and I was a huge fan of Geri and Emma years ago.

I love how Victoria is lurking in the corner looking like a stylish scooby-doo baddie
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Just can't scrape up excitement here.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Theyre only in their 30s? To me they look much older. Maybe its that theyre so thin. Mel B is the only one that looks half decent IMHO, and I was a huge fan of Geri and Emma years ago.
    They're all nearer 40 than 30. I think the youngest is 37.

"They sing it better than us," Melanie Brown, better known as "Scary Spice," told the Associated Press, referring to the cast of the musical.
    Anyone could sing better than you dumbasses throw a spaniel on stage and it'll do better.
    rollo and Bluebonnet like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Emma looks the best to me. The rest of them look okay, except for Posh, who looks over-the-top ridiculous with her hip dysplasia posing.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Tuesday, June 26th 2012
    The Spice Girls Reunite And Posh Could Give A Shit

CORRECTION: That headline is factually wrong, because Posh can't physically give a shit. Posh had her entire digestive system removed, because it's not like she uses it anyway and it was getting in the way of her having a waist smaller than a grasshopper's peen shaft. So I should've wrote: Posh Could Give A Queef.

So, Scary Spice, Sporty Spice, Ginger Spice, Baby Spice and Tall Olsen Spice all gathered in front of the steps where they zig-a-zig-ah-ed in the Wannabe video 16 years ago to officially announce the Spice Girls musical. The musical will start with Scary, Sporty, Ginger and Baby discovering a miserable alien in a crashed asteroid and molding her into the Dark Crystal praying mantis she is today. Jennifer Saunders (that's Edina Monsoon to you and me) wrote the musical's book and Judy Craymer (the one in the pictures below who looks like an Asian Ellen Barkin) is producing it. Viva Forever! will open at the Piccadilly Theater in London's West End this December.

Here's Scary, Sporty, Ginger and Baby being all excited about getting a check while trying to ignore the luxury-wrapped skinny black cloud of poutiness next to them:

[YOUTUBE]DoY5uDZSykU[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, Posh, please forever remain that angst-ridden Emo goth teen who ruins Christmas by looking as miserable as possible while sitting at the dinner table. Seriously, I kept waiting for Posh to pull out a razor and start cutting herself while reciting Morrissey lyrics.

Splash, Getty

Posted by: Michael K

Source: The Spice Girls Reunite And Posh Could Give A Shit | Dlisted
    They dont look so bad in the video but I almost had a hard time telling Geri from Emma.

they've ran out of money.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

In the closeups of Posh, her real hair is super damaged while the extensions look fine. With the kind of money that she has you would think she would do something about that rat's nest on top of her head. And what's with these women who cut their hair only to put in extensions??

They think false hair looks better maybe....??? Whatever they all jsut look rich and spoiled and skinny and pretty. And Im still jealous of them. Rats.
    Jack I swear.

Emma looks gorgeous..and Mel C looks really soft here. Still have a soft spot for them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information