Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Kate Middleton Must Curtsy to Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie, Per Protocol

fgg

Default Kate Middleton Must Curtsy to Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie, Per Protocol

Kate Must Curtsy to Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie, Per Protocol

She may be married to a prince and could one day become Queen of England, but the Duchess of Cambridge apparently is still outranked when it come to having to curtsy to "blood princesses" in the royal family.

As a result, should Kate happen to see husband Prince William's cousins – such as Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, or Queen Elizabeth's daughter Princess Anne – she should show the proper mark of respect, it was reported in the Sunday Telegraph.

The rule of protocol comes after the Queen reportedly underlined the order of precedence in the family by circulating a memo to the various branches of the royal family in Britain.

But Kate will not have to curtsy to any of the princesses when she is with William, which, of course, is most of the time when she would be in the company of the royals.

In practice, according to most royal observers, this really means that she will only be seen making the bow to the Queen and Prince Philip – to whom all the royals bow in reverence.

The Sunday Telegraph said the rules follow a precedent set when Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, married Prince Charles in 2005.

While Buckingham Palace explains some of the formalities and traditions on the official family website, a spokesman at the Palace had no comment, saying this was a private matter for the Queen.

Queen Elizabeth Curtsy Protocol Memo Affects Kate : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I wouldn’t curtsey to those two mongrels.

Oh Wow! The Queen had to send out a "memo" to let everyone know their places! Poor Kate! She'll just have to make sure she's always with Will if meeting one of them! I wonder who has to curtsy to her? Lol- Mongrels!!

So the first memo was when Charles married Camilla? Ha. I wonder who Camilla was reminded to bow before.
    Jazzy64 likes this.

Bronze Member

Still, Kate gets a lot of good perks.
    Janet296 likes this.

Meh, protocol is protocol. She desperately wanted to be in the position she's in, so she has to live with things like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

levitt, Jazzy64 and Bluebonnet like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Well-they are blood relatives of the Queen, She is not-big deal.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

Does this mean that her future children will outrank her? And when she's eventually Queen Consort will she still have to curtsy to Bea and Eugenie and the rest of the royals who rank above her now? As an American I don't fathom all this royal blood business very well.

This explains it better than a magazine that just prints PR releases.

The Queen tells the Duchess of Cambridge to curtsy to the 'blood princesses’

The Queen has updated the Order of Precedence in the Royal family, making it clear that the Duchess of Cambridge must curtsy to the Princesses by birth.

Princess Beatrice curtsies as the Queen arrives at Ascot Photo: Mark Stewart
    By Richard Eden
    7:30AM BST 24 Jun 2012

The Duchess of Cambridge may be the future queen, but she has discovered that there are several women in the Royal family to whom she must show reverence. Mandrake hears that the Queen has updated the Order of Precedence in the Royal Household to take into account the Duke of Cambridge’s wife.

The new rules of Court make it clear that the former Kate Middleton, when she is not accompanied by Prince William, must curtsy to the “blood princesses”, the Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra, and the daughters of the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.

When William is with her, Kate does not need to bend the knee to either of them, but she must curtsy to the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Despite being married to the Queen’s son, the Countess of Wessex will, however, have to curtsy to Kate, even when William is not present.

“Updating the Order of Precedence has been a simple matter of following the precedent set when the Prince of Wales married Camilla Parker Bowles,” a courtier tells me.

A document is said to have been circulated privately in the Royal Household, clarifying Kate’s status. When the Order was last updated, after Prince Charles’s second marriage, in 2005, the Countess of Wessex was reported to be upset that she now had to curtsy to Camilla. “She didn’t like it one bit,” a senior courtier was quoted as saying. The Earl of Wessex’s wife had previously been the second-highest ranking woman in the Royal family because neither of the Queen’s other sons, Charles and Prince Andrew, were married.
    However, after Charles remarried, the Queen changed the Order of Precedence “on blood principles” so that neither Princess Anne nor Princess Alexandra, the granddaughter of George V, would have to curtsy to Camilla when her husband was not present.
    Although the etiquette may seem arcane, it is taken very seriously by the Royal family, whose members bow and curtsy to each other in public and in private. A vivid illustration came after the Trooping the Colour ceremony last weekend, when Kate could be seen curtsying to Prince Philip on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.
    The Order of Precedence affects other aspects of royal protocol, such as who arrives first at an event. For example, Camilla was forced to wait in the drizzle outside the Guards Chapel, Windsor, for the arrival of Princess Anne at a memorial service in 2006, because Charles had not accompanied her. A Buckingham Palace spokesman declines to comment.

The Queen tells the Duchess of Cambridge to curtsy to the 'blood princesses’ - Telegraph
    Jazzy64 and Waterslide like this.

It's all so stupid and ridiculous. These folks need to get jobs/lives.
    mistify and lurkur like this.

This is their job/life.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

The Queen tells the Duchess of Cambridge to curtsy to the 'blood princesses’
    Keep reading this as "The Queen tells the Duchess of Cambridge to curtsy to the 'bloody princesses’" amd it makes everything way more fun.

"Bow to the bloody princesses, you muppet!"

czb

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    This is their job/life.
    agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy64 View Post
    Oh Wow! The Queen had to send out a "memo" to let everyone know their places! Poor Kate! She'll just have to make sure she's always with Will if meeting one of them! I wonder who has to curtsy to her? Lol- Mongrels!!
    Edward's wife Sophie is the only titled member of the family who has to curtsy to Kate because she's not blood royalty and Edward and Sophie are an Earl & Countess and are thus lower ranked than Will & Kate's Duke & Duchess titles.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    So the first memo was when Charles married Camilla? Ha. I wonder who Camilla was reminded to bow before.
    Namely Princess Anne. Anne despises Camilla. I believe it started because Anne was in love with Andrew Parker-Bowles, Camilla's first husband, back when they were all young and single.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Meh, protocol is protocol. She desperately wanted to be in the position she's in, so she has to live with things like this.
    Exactly. She put in ten years to get where she is, she can suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Well-they are blood relatives of the Queen, She is not-big deal.
    Yup. I wonder if this was precipitated by the rumors that Kate and Pippa have treated Beatrice and Eugenie rather badly over the last few years and the queen is putting her foot down. After all, Charles may be the heir but Andrew is her favorite and they are his daughters and Charles has been trying to have the Yorks frozen out of the family publicly. Once QEII passes, they certainly will be.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information