Like Tree12Likes
  • 11 Post By Chalet
  • 1 Post By faithanne

Thread: Actor Richard Lynch dies

Default Actor Richard Lynch dies

(Reuters) - "Halloween" actor Richard Lynch, who became a staple in horror and science-fiction movies with his scarred facial features, has died at age 76, his spokesman said on Wednesday.

Lynch's representative, Mike Baronas, told Reuters that Lynch's body was discovered by one of the actor's friends, who had stopped by Lynch's house in Palm Springs, California, after not hearing from him in days. She found the door open and Lynch lying on the kitchen floor, "cold and lifeless."

Baronas said no investigation is being held into the death of the actor and his body was sent directly to a funeral home.

Lynch, who was born in New York City in 1936, made his name playing villainous characters in movies such as 1973's "Scarecrow," 1988's "Little Nikita" and 2007's installment of the "Halloween" horror franchise, directed by Rob Zombie.

Lynch also appeared in numerous television series in his five-decade career, most notably the sci-fi series "Battlestar Galactica" and "Galactica 1980."

Lynch's face was permanently scarred in 1967 when he took the drug LSD and set himself on fire, something he spoke openly about in the documentary film "LSD: The Trip to Where?"

Zombie paid his respects to Lynch on his Facebook page on Wednesday, saying "Richard was great to work with and really gave it his all. I will never forget the way he scared ... the kid actors in 'Halloween.'"

Lynch's last role was in Zombie's upcoming film "The Lords of Salem," which is due to be released later this year.

Halloween actor Richard Lynch dies aged 76 | Reuters

Lynch's face was permanently scarred in 1967 when he took the drug LSD and set himself on fire,

Fucking OUCH!
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Aw I loved this guy! Awesome villian!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Loved him in The Barbarians and Werewolf. He is a B movie staple. He will be missed
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I'm a little sad here. I was real friends with Richard in the early 80's We became coffee chatty friends. He came into a store I worked in. I recognized him immediately so you know I had to tell him that. I remembered he was on Starsky and Hutch and that movie with Pacino. After that he'd come to the store and tell me what movie of the week he'd be on or what series. I'd be closing the store, give him some left over fancy bread and go have coffee. I loved talking movies and theater with him. Now I think back I must have sounded stupid like any other college kid.

He was a really handsome guy, beautiful blue eyes and gorgeous blonde hair. If he wore a buttoned shirt you could see the scarring on his chest.
    I stopped working at the store and never saw him again and didn't see him on those tv shows but I did see him in the early 90's and reminded him who I was and he did remember me fondly.

What a great story Chalet! He was awesome. I remember him too. Never knew his name.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

He was a handsome man, scarred face or no. Actually I think he would have been on the too pretty side without the scarring.

Great story chalet!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Holy fuck now I'm definitely never going to try acid.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

i had no idea he was 76! RIP
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

During my carefree stupid years, I did it all the time. Never came close to harming myself or doing anything crazy. Never saw anyone else do anything either. We were just lucky. You really have no idea how it's going to effect you until it hits you. And if you combine it with any other drug, it's a whole different ballgame. Once it kicked in, I would always think, Now I know why they call this a trip! Crazy shit. Could never do it now.

always trip on acid with a buddy who is sober lol. this can prevent many incidences of self immolation and thinking you can fly off large buildings.

rip villian guy.

^Nice in theory but try getting a sober person to hang around for the length of an acid trip, particularly when you're prone to turning into (even more of) a raging bitch who screams in people's faces that they smell too bad to talk to then runs off. My BFF and I used to take it a lot and everyone else (who were on other, friendlier drugs) would avoid us because we were total cunts to everyone. Good times.
    fattymatty likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Rip.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Thread Information