• 1 Post By fattymatty
  • 3 Post By *DIVA!
  • 2 Post By louiswinthorpe111

Thread: Meagan Good Weds In Malibu

fgg

Default Meagan Good Weds In Malibu

Meagan Good Weds In Malibu

Meagan Good has jumped the broom!

The Think Like a Man and Jumping the Broom star exchanged vows with preacher and Columbia Pictures VP DeVon Franklin on Saturday evening at Triunfo Creek Winery in Malibu, Calif., PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

Among the 400 guests at the couple's Spanish and bayou-themed wedding celebration: Tracey Edmonds, Derek Luke, Deion Sanders and Tasha Smith.

"DeVon makes me better, makes my life fuller, and completes my quality of life," Good tells PEOPLE. "He's truly on my team and I am truly on his. God revealed my heart to him like nobody else."

Adds Franklin, "I've never had more peace, fun, and joy than I've had with her."

After meeting about six years ago while discussing a film project, the couple went on their first date after they'd worked together on Jumping the Broom.

"At the movie premiere I literally had about four or five of my girlfriends looking for him like school girls," says Good, 30. "We've been together ever since," adds Franklin, 33, who appeared on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday the day after his wedding.

Wearing jewels by Beverly Hills's Jason the Jeweler and in a custom R-Mine gown with a purple dipped train, Good walked down the aisle to "These Arms," performed by Jeffrey Lewis of the Craig Lewis Band.

"I didn't want girly," says Good of her dress. "I wanted handsome. It's got a bit of a masculine feel to it. I wanted something that felt a tad bit rebellious and out of the ordinary. That felt closer to my personality."

The "enchanted and dreamy sunset ceremony," as Good describes it, was accented by purple roses, tulips and rustic gold. "It was very antique looking," says the bride.

At the reception, Shanice sang "Loving You" and guests ate a Southern Girl Desserts cake with flavors ranging from sweet potato, banana cream pie, and peach cobbler.

In lieu of starting a family right away, the newlyweds plan to travel and "get to know each other as husband and wife," says Franklin.

"We want to make sure that when we bring a child into this world we give it our full attention," adds Good, who will remain Meagan Good on screen, but will legally add Franklin to her name.

The couple's first travel destination will be Big Sur for a mini-moon. They plan to honeymoon around the holidays when Good wraps filming on her NBC show Infamous.

"There is so much going on," she adds. "But it's wonderful to have a partner to have so much fun with!"

Meagan Good Weds DeVon Franklin : People.com
    fattymatty and nessysuperstar like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

They sound very sweet and down to earth.

Here are some pics from the wedding:

From this angle, the dress isn't very flattering.

nessysuperstar likes this.

Cute, but did she need the unbweavable weave?? Her short hair was perfect!!!
    McJag, Brando and nessysuperstar like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

They look good together.

Who and Who?
    Brookie and southernbelle like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I'm surprised she got anyone to marry her... I thought she'd end up like Mya. But I'm happy for her- I like Megan and hope that she's happy!

Bronze Member

Love her and her short hair!!!

Thread Information