Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 946
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

  1. #121
    Elite Member NickiDrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    I am glad they took action too. But please do not tell me about case records and studies. Ever. I know we are in the same field somewhat. I'm surprised we aren't friends, but whatever.
    The reason WHY these kinds of cases aren't to your knowledge, is because they get shit on from the start. For instance, a young girl would come and tell me that her older brother was putting fingers where they should not go. Next thing you know, the family is running in saying it's a bunch of horseshit, and everyone should just go home and live a happy slappy life. So what kind of statistic do you put that into? You can't report on UCR. You can't report it period. You have to put it down to another case of nobody wants to say anything. When you find THAT report, please let me know.
    I don't want to be a downer, but this type of crime, especially this type of crime, is not often reported. It makes it to the cops, and then it dies. The family kills it. And there is shit all to do about it. You can try, but you have zero chance when the family clinches.
    This is an interesting take. I wonder if region has anything to do with this. Where I live (and I think sluce and I share a state), one these cases hit the police virtually NONE fall apart. NONE. DHS is immediately notified and gets involved. The family can't kill it because the DA "owns" the case. If they don't show up for court, bench warrants are issued for the parents' arrest and the kids will be picked up at school by the police and brought to court for subsequent listings. The parents can and will be be charged criminally for refusing to cooperate or allowing the abuse to continue by not reporting it. It doesn't matter one bit if the family doesn't believe it. It doesn't even matter sometimes if the allegations aren't true. They will prosecute anyway.

    In three years of exclusively handling sex cases (probably 75 cases), I've had ONE case that was withdrawn. That involved a 16-year old victim with cerebral palsy who functioned on the level of a 5 year old. It got withdrawn after discovery problems and for whatever reason they never refiled the case. I was shocked. I think the case fell through the cracks.

    I actually had another rape case that was thrown out on the adult side but that was only due to a speedy trial violation.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

  2. #122
    Gold Member ChloroformCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Just to the Right of Left
    Posts
    822

    Default

    It happens now in my state as well. The state will bring forth the charges, but if no one cooperates, no one cares. There has to be a respondant. Or zero happens. Nothing. Nada. And that is if anyone bothers to show up at all. Its sad.

    And yes, and I don't give a shit what anyone else has to say, but religion DOES AND CAN play into this. Not always, but more times than you would think. And for people like Sluce, it is not on you calendar. It's on no one's calendar. No one wants to talk about it.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

  3. #123
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    It happens now in my state as well. The state will bring forth the charges, but if no one cooperates, no one cares. There has to be a respondant. Or zero happens. Nothing. Nada. And that is if anyone bothers to show up at all. Its sad.

    And yes, and I don't give a shit what anyone else has to say, but religion DOES AND CAN play into this. Not always, but more times than you would think. And for people like Sluce, it is not on you calendar. It's on no one's calendar. No one wants to talk about it.
    Dear, this is a forum, and EVERYONE has an opinion. Whether you agree with it or not, that's your business. but getting bitchy because people have different opinions is just silly.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  4. #124
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    It happens now in my state as well. The state will bring forth the charges, but if no one cooperates, no one cares. There has to be a respondant. Or zero happens. Nothing. Nada. And that is if anyone bothers to show up at all. Its sad.

    And yes, and I don't give a shit what anyone else has to say, but religion DOES AND CAN play into this. Not always, but more times than you would think. And for people like Sluce, it is not on you calendar. It's on no one's calendar. No one wants to talk about it.
    You truly do not get it. Criminal records are not the sole source of reporting. In fact they are a small piece of studies and outcomes. It's on my calendar every damned day. Period.
    Serendipity likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  5. #125
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    58,583

    Default



    That poor child is the spitting image of her father.

    ...and about the same age as his youngest victim.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  6. #126
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,382

    Default

    ^We don't know the ages of his victims. We know there are stories about the number of victims and that some are siblings. We are making assumption as to which siblings are involved. I hate that this information was made public because it is grossly unfair to the victims.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  7. #127
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    58,583

    Default

    Based on the police report date, the reported dates of the incidents and who would have been in the home at the time, it isn't tough to figure out. I agree that it shouldn't be out there, but it is. Whoever did the redacting of info on that thing ought to have blacked out Michelle and Jim Bob's names. Once you see the relationship, it is all obvious.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  8. #128
    Elite Member NoNoRehab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LYNWOOD JAIL
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    We do know the ages of his victims. The police report identifies four of the five victims as the female children of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. There were five Duggar girls at the time, and per the police interviews, the one who was not molested was (at the time of the police interview) studying for her GED and her favorite activity was creating new recipes, which is Jana. Eliminate her and that leaves the only four Duggar daughters that existed at the time, whose birth dates are a matter of public record.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

  9. #129
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,235

    Default

    That anyone could even think of blaming the girls for this makes me want to rage!

    Wanna know who I blame more than anyone else? The fucked up ass parents. And their goddamned sex-obsessed/repressed (same thing) and headed-by-a-sex-offender-himself, shame-mongering cult.

    These assholes do nothing but preach about purity, modesty and giving your heart away....you can't even think about having a bf/gf until you're ready to marry, can't touch, can't have a private convo, etc ridiculous horseshit. You can't even take a shower longer than a few minutes or without an accountabilabuddy hovering just to make sure you don't enjoy it too much. They isolate these kids from anyone other than their family and siblings, maybe the occasional contact with other cult-kids, basically raise them in an environment that puts them in a position to have to deny and feel ashamed about any sexual feelings prior to marriage, because these are the devil trying to drag you to hell, yet at the same time they are forced to watch Boob and Mullet practically dry humping one another in front of the camera. And you can't tell me that when they were all crammed into that tiny house before the TLC-funded compound was built that they didn't hear these two fucking like teenagers (that's exactly how they act, like horny teens). Breeding like rabbits popping out a baby every goddamned year. The kids are not allowed to get horny. That's for Ma and Pa!

    Obviously their answer to normal teen horniness is to shuttle them down the aisle so they can go from not even allowed to talk in private, hand-hold or front hug to fucking the shit out of each other. Because apparently that's okay once you have that piece of paper and a preacher says some words that include God and Jesus. I think if they weren't in the public eye they'd be marrying these kids off way younger. It is Arkansas. Except for CinderJana. The little kids would miss their 'mom' too much if she left!

    Actually, I think this shit with Josh is the reason they're more keen to marry them off. I mean, it's not like there couldn't be another one out of 19 who could end up molesting his/her (Yes, they don't consider that do they? Probably don't think about same sex experimenting occurring either) siblings.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #130
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    20,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "this entire incident had brought the family closer to God"

    In that case God needs to shuffle up the bench a bit so people don't think he's friendly with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post

    You can't make blanket statements about him or this situation without knowing a lot more about what happened. I wonder if he had a psychosexual evaluation and whether he completed an actual SO program? Or if the girls got therapy?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that there wasn't any sort of evaluation of this guy or therapy for those girls.
    Kris took the words out of my mouth. There would have been a lot of praying for Josh to 'overcome the temptations laid out before him' and the girls would have been made to question their own actions over and over again and then everyone would have shut the fuck up about it and pretended it had never happened.

    Also those social media comments basically crawling up the Duggar's arseholes are revolting and smack of blind worship. Interesting really when you have all those bits in the bible saying to worship none but the Lord and not to raise up false idols.
    Janus likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  11. #131
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,235

    Default

    Fuck Josh. And fuck his fucked up parents.

    I'm ready to adopt some Duggar daughters. Then we could all go to a Pink concert.

    And then enroll in University classes.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  12. #132
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    58,583

    Default

    ZOMG ILLUMINATI!!!!

    "Question whether this family has been PAID OFF BY SATAN & THE NEW WORLD ORDER TO ADMIT TO THIS....THE ARE TRYING TO BRING DOWN RELIGION SPECIFICALLY CHRISTIANITY....WAKE UP....you are an abomination to do this....THROW OUT YOUR TVS"
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  13. #133
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,382

    Default

    Wow!!
    Josh Duggar’s police docs destroyed | Page Six

    Josh Duggar’s police docs destroyed

    Arkansas police have destroyed a record outlining a nearly decade-old investigation into reality TV star Josh Duggar, a spokesman said Friday, a day after the 27-year-old resigned his role with a prominent conservative Christian group amid reports about sexual misconduct allegations from when he was a juvenile.

    Duggar was accused of fondling five girls in 2002 and 2003. Duggar issued an apology Thursday on Facebook for unspecified bad behavior as a youth and resigned his role as executive director for FRC Action, the tax-exempt legislative action arm of the Washington-based Family Research Council.

    “I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions,” Duggar wrote. “In my life today, I am so very thankful for God’s grace, mercy and redemption.”

    Duggar appears on the TLC reality show “19 Kids and Counting,” which stars his family. He is the oldest of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s 19 children.

    Springdale police began investigating Josh Duggar in 2006 when officers were alerted to a letter containing the allegations that was found in a book lent by a family friend to someone else.

    The report, originally published by tabloid In Touch Weekly, states that a member of Harpo Studios, the producer of Oprah Winfrey’s then-show, received an email containing the allegations before the family was set to appear in 2006. The tipster warned producers against allowing the Duggars on the show and studio staff members faxed a copy of the email to Arkansas State Police.

    Springdale police spokesman Scott Lewis said Judge Stacey Zimmerman ordered the 2006 offense report destroyed Thursday. Zimmerman didn’t return a request for comment on Friday.

    “The judge ordered us yesterday to expunge that record,” Lewis said, adding that similar records are typically kept indefinitely. “As far as the Springdale Police Department is concerned, this report doesn’t exist.”

    Neither Duggar nor his father, a former state representative, returned calls seeking comment Friday.

    Several Arkansas Republicans have rallied behind the Duggar family, which is still engrained in state politics. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar attended the kickoff event earlier this month for Republican presidential nominee Mike Huckabee, who supported the family in a Facebook post on Friday.

    “Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive bloodthirst, for there was no consideration of the fact that the victims wanted this to be left in the past and ultimately a judge had the information on file destroyed_not to protect Josh, but the innocent victims,” Huckabee wrote.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  14. #134
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    58,583

    Default

    The horse has bolted, but at least the gate is closed.

    sealed, I can understand but this....
    Kittylady, sluce and lindsaywhit like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  15. #135
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,235

    Default

    Well maybe if the dumbasses had the sense and decency to fade into the woodwork after the Harpo network incident and the shit hitting the fan (cause only THEN did the police get involved) then maybe no one would know about this.

    Fuckabee, maybe if your 'friends' weren't tax-exempt money-grubbers who couldn't resist the TLC coffers as opposed to actually working jobs, then maybe no one would know the Duggar girls being victimized. 2006? They would have been forgotten about by now if they'd stopped all that shit then.

    Did they really fucking think none of this shit could come out and they could just go right on becoming more famous than ever? Getting involved in politics for chrissakes? I refuse to believe even Boob is that stupid. (Josh and Mullet, maybe) I think it was just a chance he was willing to take because he's that greedy. Even if they don't see another dime now, they've rode it out for enough years that they're loaded. Money is indeed the root of all evil in this instance.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jessa Duggar Is Being Courted by a Boy Named Ben
    By Bluebonnet in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 239
    Last Post: November 13th, 2015, 12:39 PM
  2. Josh Duggar is to lead an Anti-Gay Hate Group
    By Seth82 in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: January 1st, 2015, 02:31 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 27th, 2008, 10:33 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 14th, 2006, 01:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •