Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

"Well now they can take the trial to Court TV and still keep the name of the show!"

from a news article

State Sen. Jon Woods, who has known the Duggar family since 2005, said the family had put the issue behind them. "It's between the family members and was addressed a long time ago..."

PHRASING!!!
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    However it is more prevalent in rural religious communities. Just the facts ma'am.
    Well if you say so, it must be a true fact. Damned all those studies and case records that disagree.

I am happy that TLC finally took action. I wonder why it took so long for this to go public. Oprah's staff knew and reported their accusations. I'm surprised they didn't leak it as the family got more attention.
    Serendipity likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I am happy that TLC finally took action. I wonder why it took so long for this to go public. Oprah's staff knew and reported their accusations. I'm surprised they didn't leak it as the family got more attention.
    According to this article: TLC Drops Duggars While Huckabee Stands by Child Molester, advertisers are pulling out. It's all about the money for TLC.

Advertisers are also pulling out, TMZ adds, citing a rep for General Mills who said the company has “blacklisted” the Duggars for future ad buys.
    I'll post the entire article, if anyone wants me to, but it's just more rehash of other articles already posted.

Srsly. Ya'll need to go over the "19 Kids and Counting" FB page and read the comments. All the Kumbayah Christians are whining that the show got cancelled and saying stupid stuff like "He made a mistake" or "He was just a kid" or "No one is perfect" (uugggh!)

Oh and someone has already started a FB page called "Bring Back 19 Kids and Counting". It has 35 members/likes so far.

Last edited by Bluebonnet; May 22nd, 2015 at 05:51 PM.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I love that scene from Bridesmaids

The comments on the facebook pages are interesting. They fall into a number of categories.

Blame the mother:
    "Maybe...If the mother was caring for her children maybe this may not have happen,so many times"
    and
    "But the point is this ~ where was the older female at, while babysitting and why didn't she cover the child up? So many questions. From all of us."

It's all made up/the media/outside forces are going after them/misc. denial:

"Praying for Jim and Josh just read a horrible article the media is trying to push. Love you guys"
    and
    "Anna and josh sorry someone's trying to destroy your family.your family will get throughthis."
    and
    "So very proud of Josh an his family any news show that reports this dirt on a child is not a news station an wont be watched by me!!!! God Bless!!!"
    and
    I simply don't see it as molestation.
    and
    if his sisters were in fact victims why aren't they coming forward with something?
    and
    how do we know it's a legitimate police report that hasn't been doctored.
    and
    The press is already having a field day with this. Congratulations, the devil is doing a happy dance. Why oh why do people want to dig and hurt this ENTIRE family. News media, you make me sick!
    and
    This is nothing but a witch hunt....what needs to happen for the family to be able to move on?
    and
    The media is sensationalizing it because he's a Duggar.
    and
    It never said He Molested them!!! All it says is he Touched their breast and possibly the personal area!
    and
    this is the media's fault. The family dealt with the issue 12 years ago & moved forward.

The comedic
    It's true though, everyone makes mistakes.... When I was 10 I stole bubble gum from the store, Josh put his fingers up his sisters vaginas when they were sleeping. Same diff.
    and
    didn't he have to help build a house or something? he hammered something other than his relatives.

People just want to hurt Duggars/Christians:

"I love Josh! I'm sorry people have to dig for anything that could hurt a Duggar. You will always be my inspiration."
    and
    "People love to attack Christians. Let those without sin cast the first stone. He confessed and asked forgiveness. Get over it."
    and
    "its something in the past that someone just dug up for political power.. (Not condoning).. the girls probably wanted it to stay buried. Not everyone wants their dirty laundry aired all over the world."
    and
    "Your family has a target on your backs because of your believes. "
    and
    "Sad people want to dredge up the past that was dealt with to ruin lives. It's none of our business at this point it does not concern the public."
    and
    Because you and your family are open about your faith in the Lord, people will persecute you. Stand firm in your truth. Remember the Lord doesn't even remember your sin! He forgave it and it's gone. You and your family are a wonderful example to our country. Just keep holding on to Jesus!
    and
    Amen! They crucified our Lord....expect persecution when one stands strong for the right
    and
    I'm so sorry you all are under attack right now. The Bible is clear that the light of Christians dispels the darkness. Your light is offensive to many who prefer to live in darkness and want to destroy you.

Girls were probably asking for it:

"It IS the girl's responsibility. Don't cause others to stumble - even the boys/men! Just as the men shouldn't do - or wear - things that cause girls/women to stumble. I wish some of you "modernized" women could walk in the shoes (and God given hormones) of a young male for a week, especially in summer. You'd wish you could cover your eyes almost all day long because of what many supposed Christian girls wear and do! You have NO idea. Michelle is 1000% right!"
    and
    "Our society is all about feminizing the men, which is wrong. It's like the girls can do whatever they want whenever with whomever. But when that little flirt says "No", everything is supposed to come to a stop. This really isn't fair. Put some clothes on and quit being a tease. Not every female is an innocent."

People who aren't pro Duggar probably have done way worse/most families have something like this:
    Maybe those people who bring such things up to try to make you less than you claim to be should look in their own home. I am sure one of their children did something that went against them
    and.
    The powers that be must be saying they are as perfect as Jesus. Or are they hiding acts and people n their closet? Not brave enough to come forward as you and family have done. May God be w/ u and yours!
    and
    All these stones being thrown, let's pull the skeletons out of your closets! Hmmmm!! Was it wrong/sin what he did? Absolutely, horrible!! But that what happened 12 years ago was dealt with, PROPERLY!!! Sooooo, like I said, let's pull those OLD, troubled, horrible, ugly looking skeletons out of your closets, shall we? Oh! No? Hmmmmm! Alllllllllrighty then!!!
    and
    He fondled did not rape of molest. I bet 85% on families in the western world have had children explore each other.

The "Oh,well, nobody's perfect, we are all sinners, mistakes happen, all children experiment,"Judge not that you not be judged", let he who is without sin cast the first stone" crowd.
    Clean your own closet out and stop throwing stones.
    and
    I STAND WITH YOU ! I love you all very much. No one is perfect. We all have flaws. That is why we need Christ ! Thanks again for showing us a better example and being truthful !!
    and so many more

The Devil is trying to destroy this family because they're doing the Lord's work crowd.

. The devil is out to destroy our homes and families. We are on the winning side.
    and
    No one is perfect, and because You all are spreading Gods holy word the devil is attacking you! I am so sorry these people are coming after you, my family and I still love and appreciate you all.
    and
    When Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future. Love you guys very much.
    and
    · Praying for your family!! My heart breaks for you & the storm the devil is trying to unleash on you. I, sadly, am all to familiar with this issue.
    and
    The devil likes nothing more than hurting God's people, especially when they are in the limelight doing His work.

The "this is a private matter crowd"
    " What's in your past, you people who are commenting about bringing this out!? If the "right" things have been done as for confession and repentance to the parties involved...and God has forgiven the sin...why tell the judgmental, unforgiving world!
    and
    So sorry you're having to deal with private matters so publicly
    and
    I don't understand how a father could do something like this. By this comming out now, you are not only hurting your family but are hurting your son, his wife and your grandchildren. This could also cost him his job. How do you explain that to family?
    and
    …not sure if I would want millions of people to know our family business…
    It frustrates me because I would have protected my son from the shame of... Hmmm the whole world….
    its something in the past that someone just dug up for political power.. (Not condoning).. the girls probably wanted it to stay buried. Not everyone wants their dirty laundry aired all over the world.

The "praying for you" crowd and the "you're so brave/inspiring/honorable/etc" crowd
    shit-tons of these

The "this was ages ago/he repented/lord forgave/get over it/
    many

General God/Bible stuffs crowd
    whole bunch

still better than HoneyBooBoo" crowd.
    honey boo boo show That family is way different than the Duggar's. The Duggar's stand for good things and this is all over something that happened 13 yrs ago. There was no business in people digging this up. No one is perfect, no family is perfect and thay includes them.
    and
    I sincerely hope TLC does not cancel the show....but if I am a betting women I am sure it will be because a reality show based on Christian values shouldn't be allowed on the air....lets fill it instead with other reality TV that iis full of sex, drugs, alcohol and worldliness.....this is completely different from Honey Boo Boo

the all sin is the same crowd
    so what if he played with his sisters, its no worse than gays playing with each other.Murderers thieves etc Sin is sin and all sin is the same in God's eyes.No degree of sin. Im sure the girls never came to suffer from some great psychological trauma. Its only when you hypocrites carry on like this that they probably do. Bloody pathetic minded people , why cant you just forgive him as God has.
    and
    Have you ever lied? Have you ever stole anything?(Even a grape) have you ever went faster than the speed posted? Did you ever cheat?(on a test or Boyfriend) ??? SIN is SIN!!!!!

What's so odd to me is that so many (nearly all) defenders are women and so many talk about their own abuse and about how they forgave the abuser and everything's just great now.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

OMFG, thanks for the reprints. This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? And not in a good way. Srsly, y'all had to know that they weren't as "pure" as they portrayed themselves to be. Nobody is.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Wow twitchy. I don't know what to say. People.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

I knew that eventually skeletons would come tumbling out of the closet. This is, however, way worse than I was expecting. Damn.
    Janus likes this.

Bronze Member

So far -- many of Jim Bob's friends have turned out to be child-molesters. I hope this is not a case of birds of a feather!
    twitchy2.0 and Janus like this.

Huckabee issued a statement that made me want to slap him.

"Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, 'inexcusable,' but that doesn’t mean 'unforgivable.' He and his family dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities," Huckabee wrote in a post on Facebook. "No purpose whatsoever is served by those who are now trying to discredit Josh or his family by sensationalizing the story. Good people make mistakes and do regrettable and even disgusting things."

ET just reported that social media comments are running 81% against the family, and 19% supporting them.
    Brookie, Bluebonnet and Janus like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Fuck you Huckabee.

I don't know if I missed reading it here but I'm reading speculation that the fifth girl might be cousin Amy, who's from Fayetteville which is one of the mentioned places in the police report..

Good people make mistakes and do regrettable and even disgusting things."

So according to Huckabee, when a white boy repeatedly molests his sisters and faces zero punishment, he's just a "good person" who "made a mistake."

When a black boy shoplifts some cigarellos from a convenience store, he's a "thug" who deserves to be shot and killed.

Got it!
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

science!

If all 19 of the JimBob/Michelle offspring follow their parents' example and have 19 kids themselves, and this trend repeats in each successive generation, there will be 1 Duggar for every 1.21 square meters of land on the earth by 2210.
    Background:
    The Arkansasian Duggar family is 21 strong (19 children from two parents) and is a subscriber to the Quiverfull practice. It (loosely) states that children are a gift from God and therefore the number of gifts from God should be maximized by banging out as many children as possible until your equipment no longer works. Unsurprisingly, most people find that to be strikingly irresponsible; I sought some numbers that show why.
    Analytic assumptions:
    - All Duggar offspring repeat their parents' behavior (i.e. they have 19 children each)
    - All persons pass away at the age of 80
    - All 19 children are begotten between the ages of 20-40 (makes the math easier)
    - The Duggar Population considers only those with JimBob/Michelle's lineage (NOT spouses of the offspring)
    - Population growth of the world is based on current rates (rightly or wrongly)
    Findings: Data Here
    - When JimBob and Michelle pass away (approximately 2050), they will have 7,241 great-grandchildren, grandchildren, and children.
    - In 100 years (by 2110), there will be more Duggars (49 million) than there are currently in the state of California (37 million).
    - In 160 years (by 2170), there will be 3 Duggars for every 1 Non-Duggar on Earth (340 billion Duggars, 112 billion people).
    - In just 200 years (by 2210), there will be 1 Duggar per every 1.21 square meters of land on the Earth, effectively blanketing our fair planet.
    Explanation of Method:
    - As of 2010, there are 21 Duggars (not counting the actual grandchildren).
    - By 2030, the 19 children will have 19 of their own (19*19) = 361, plus the 19 original children, plus the two parents = 382 Duggars.
    - By 2050, the next generation has 19 of their own (361 * 19) = 6859 + 382 = 7241
    - And so on….
    TL,DR: Only jerks have 19 kids.

If trends continue, in 200 years the Duggar family will have blanketed the Earth with their offspring. 1 Duggar for every 1.21 square meters of land.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Well if you say so, it must be a true fact. Damned all those studies and case records that disagree.

I am glad they took action too. But please do not tell me about case records and studies. Ever. I know we are in the same field somewhat. I'm surprised we aren't friends, but whatever.
    The reason WHY these kinds of cases aren't to your knowledge, is because they get shit on from the start. For instance, a young girl would come and tell me that her older brother was putting fingers where they should not go. Next thing you know, the family is running in saying it's a bunch of horseshit, and everyone should just go home and live a happy slappy life. So what kind of statistic do you put that into? You can't report on UCR. You can't report it period. You have to put it down to another case of nobody wants to say anything. When you find THAT report, please let me know.
    I don't want to be a downer, but this type of crime, especially this type of crime, is not often reported. It makes it to the cops, and then it dies. The family kills it. And there is shit all to do about it. You can try, but you have zero chance when the family clinches.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread Information