Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I think you misunderstand. No one is defending him. People are rightfully pointing out that he was raised in a household with an upbringing that fostered the conditions in which sexual abuse can occur. It is not about "innocent childhood experimentation," it is much more complex than that. He did not have the proper tools to deal with sexual feelings in an age-appropriate manner. The fact that he went for the prepubescent kids is not surprising because they are more compliant, are afraid to tell, and they are more easily accessible. The fact that there were multiple victims is unsurprising here.

This is a very emotionally charged topic. Sluce and Montana Mama will understand this- I practice general criminal law, but for the last three years I have almost exclusively represented preteens and teenagers charged with sex offenses. In the vast majority of cases, they touched or raped family members. The victims are usually 4-10 years old though I've had younger and older victims in cases. The perpetrators are usually 13-17 years old. Many more males than females, but I've definitely had female clients too. This situation sounds like ALL of the cases I handle on a daily basis.

Being 14 or 15 and completely unknowlegable about sex results in crimes like this. Again, these kids aren't trying to "hurt" their siblings, though that is the result of their actions. They are acting out sexually because they don't have another outlet. That said, the behavior is emotionally and sometimes physically damaging to the victims and is criminal. That's why SO treatment exists.

You can't make blanket statements about him or this situation without knowing a lot more about what happened. I wonder if he had a psychosexual evaluation and whether he completed an actual SO program? Or if the girls got therapy?
    You have to be fucking kidding me. He touches little girls allegedly, as young as 4 years old, and it's all ok (or at least because of his upbringing). Sorry, but fuck that. I spent half of my life as a cop, the later years as an investigator, and I worked with the "alleged victims" as you call them.
    It is "sometimes emotionally damaging"? Are you out of your mind? It is ALWAYS damaging.
    He wasn't trying to hurt his victims? Get a grip. Rape is about power. Power over a 4 or 6 or 12 year old? What kind of asshole, what kind of fucking hell does this kid come from that he thinks that is ok? It's not ok. It is NEVER ok. There is no excuse. None.

Sorry to get all emotional, but this shit is tragic. You cannot cure pedophiles. They are what they are. And they will continue.
    Bluebonnet, OCD and garysgirl1999 like this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    You have to be fucking kidding me. He touches little girls allegedly, as young as 4 years old, and it's all ok (or at least because of his upbringing). Sorry, but fuck that. I spent half of my life as a cop, the later years as an investigator, and I worked with the "alleged victims" as you call them.
    It is "sometimes emotionally damaging"? Are you out of your mind? It is ALWAYS damaging.
    He wasn't trying to hurt his victims? Get a grip. Rape is about power. Power over a 4 or 6 or 12 year old? What kind of asshole, what kind of fucking hell does this kid come from that he thinks that is ok? It's not ok. It is NEVER ok. There is no excuse. None.

Sorry to get all emotional, but this shit is tragic. You cannot cure pedophiles. They are what they are. And they will continue.
    No one said it was ok, or anything even close to that. Explanations for why these things happen aren't excuses.
    twitchy2.0, idunno, olivia and 4 others like this.

I'll give you an "explanation" as I've heard it 100 times at least:

From my experience it normally comes from a super religious family. The economics are all over the board. As is the dynamic of this is prevalent over the planet.

While the main people involved tend to be uneducated or undereducated and rural, it is not always the case. If there is a "forbidden fruit" it tends to be tempting.

Now keep in mind, that some pedophiles just like what they like because when they reached a certain age and had a boner about something, this sticks in the mind of the person. They never get over it. It could be a small child putting on a dress and showing her legs. It could be as horrible as a baby in a crib and thinking about how big that perps dick is in contrast with how small an infant of toddler girl vagina is. I know that is "wake up harsh" Hate to wake you up to the sad reality of life, and I hate to even type this, but I have been there and seen this.

I didn't want to be this frank, so brutal, but maybe it's time for reality of abuse. I'm sick now even reliving it. But it is horrible and tragic.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Elite Member

I hope the show gets cancelled and we never hear from these backwards idiots again.

The reason that I am now longer a full time investigator is because I couldn't get over all the shit I saw. It was too fucking much. And I have seen everything horrible. Things most people can't even imagine. And this was just one of them. I've seen this before. It seems like a million times.

Sorry. Having a Sad Sack day. It's been a while since I thought of these things.
    Linne, olivia, lindsaywhit and 1 others like this.
    Andy Cohen

Do you think the next step is going to be some intense internal "family conference" where the sisters are trotted out to say they forgive Josh?

The reason that I am now longer a full time investigator is because I couldn't get over all the shit I saw. It was too fucking much. And I have seen everything horrible. Things most people can't even imagine. And this was just one of them. I've seen this before. It seems like a million times.

Sorry. Having a Sad Sack day. It's been a while since I thought of these things.
    *Hugs Chloroform Casey*
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    *Hugs Chloroform Casey*
    ^^^ You can't do that, you'll pass out!!!

'19 Kids and Counting'
    TLC Yanks Show From TV Schedule

12 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

TLC has just pulled all airings of "19 Kids and Counting" from its lineup ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ, the fate of the show is uncertain, but there's now so much heat in the wake of Josh Duggar's molestation confession ... the network had to make the decision.

We're told they absolutely have not made a long-term decision, but it's clearly a bad sign for the show.

And there's this ... a rep for General Mills tells TMZ, they have already blacklisted the show and removed it from its current advertising schedule.

As we reported, TLC ran a Duggar marathon Thursday, prominently featuring Josh. There was big backlash, not the least of which came from Mama June, who felt TLC was giving the Duggars a pass for far worse conduct than hers, which caused TLC to pull the plug on 'Honey Boo Boo.'

Read more: '19 Kids and Counting' TLC Yanks Show From TV Schedule | TMZ.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^ I figured that was going to happen.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Good.

Everyone in that picture looks demented.

I have a feeling there is more shit to come. But TLC sure knows how to pick them and I don't think they care! Another thing they must have known this was going to come out because of that letter sent to Oprah. They must have been contacted by her production company and didn't do Jack, just like that situation with Honey Boo Boo when they researched the family. In my mind they didn't care as long as they profit from this fucked up families.
    Bluebonnet, idunno and Janus like this.

I'll give you an "explanation" as I've heard it 100 times at least:

From my experience it normally comes from a super religious family. The economics are all over the board. As is the dynamic of this is prevalent over the planet.

While the main people involved tend to be uneducated or undereducated and rural, it is not always the case. If there is a "forbidden fruit" it tends to be tempting.

Now keep in mind, that some pedophiles just like what they like because when they reached a certain age and had a boner about something, this sticks in the mind of the person. They never get over it. It could be a small child putting on a dress and showing her legs. It could be as horrible as a baby in a crib and thinking about how big that perps dick is in contrast with how small an infant of toddler girl vagina is. I know that is "wake up harsh" Hate to wake you up to the sad reality of life, and I hate to even type this, but I have been there and seen this.

I didn't want to be this frank, so brutal, but maybe it's time for reality of abuse. I'm sick now even reliving it. But it is horrible and tragic.

Your experience sounds a bit biased. I deal with it everyday, as do others here, and have a different opinion.
    msdeb likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Your experience sounds a bit biased. I deal with it everyday, as do others here, and have a different opinion.
    I dealt with it for 12 years. Different strokes.
    Bluebonnet, NoNoRehab and Janus like this.
    Andy Cohen

Best Facebook comment I've seen on this:

"I can't believe someone would defend what he did as a "mistake". Dropping your glass of milk is a mistake. Forgetting to check your oil is a mistake. Knowingly molesting a child when you are at an age to know better is not a mistake, it is evil and will haunt the little girls for the rest of their lives. He is disgusting for doing it and it's even more disgusting that they covered it up for so long without reporting it."

It has like 2,200 likes.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; May 22nd, 2015 at 02:35 PM.

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread Information