Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

It's okay. He repented!

"Josh you are honorable and forgiven. NO ONE is too far that the blood of Christ cannot cover them. Anna you are a true Prov 31 woman~ Mr. & Mrs. Duggar you are such a wonderdul Christian standard in a poisoned world. I pray your show is not cancelled and that your family binds closer to get over this speed-bump of life. NO one has the right to judge you Josh & Anna Duggar! You repented -- truly repented and changed your ways! God bless you all~"

and response: "I'm not Christian so I don't know the rules but how come I get condemned for having hot, same gender, consensual sex with a girl my own age but this dude rapes his sister and your saying it's all good??"

and then God weighs in:

Last edited by twitchy2.0; May 22nd, 2015 at 10:23 AM.
    Kittylady and chartreuse like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family."

There's my pet peeve with the term "perfect"! Damn cop-out. "We're not perfect" blah blah blah. That's what people say when they get caught and don't want to be accountable. No family is perfect but we ain't talking about "imperfections" here, Duggars. You know what's "imperfect"? Michelle's hair, shelling out young-uns every year, Jim Bob's side part. Molesting children ISN"T an imperfection, it's a crime!

And what makes me sick, too is that it's situations like this that give Christianity a bad name. But there's freak shows in every religion/faith.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

this story is getting worse with every new post, it's like the honey boo boo thread all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm going through the comments on that.

"The devil attacks those who are on God's road because they are a threat to him. He doesn't waste his time on those who are already in sin because they're not with God. It's those who the devil feels threatened by and who are so successful that he feels the need to tear down. The fact that all of this is happening to the Duggars shows that they are a strong family doing God's work. Although none of this is right, they are a God fearing family and the Lord will glorify himself through them in the end. smile emoticon"

wow

what kind of sick "logic" is that? you could justify about any action with that and completely rid yourself of any responsibility. too crazy to comprehend.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Gothard's methods for counseling sexual abuse victims. Is this what the girls got???

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    what kind of sick "logic" is that? you could justify about any action with that and completely rid yourself of any responsibility. too crazy to comprehend.
    There's a few like that. There's also all kinds of posts praising him for being so brave and honorable for his facebook post and gushing about how wonderous his repentance is. It's like stepping into a bizarre parallel universe.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I call bullshit on the defenses of Josh.

The police report said he molested four sisters. There were five Duggar sisters at the time, the oldest being Jana, then 12. The police report said he didn't molest his oldest sister. So that leaves the others, who were:10, 9, 8 and 4 at the time. Incidents happened over a year, when Josh was 14-15. That is way beyond innocent childhood experimentation, which is usually mutual exploration between child peers. Josh deliberately skipped the sister closest in age and went for the pre-pubescents, and it was not an isolated incident, it was recurring behavior. We're talking a 14-15 year old, not a 3 year old. A teenager that age damn well knows not to molest a 4 year old!
    I think you misunderstand. No one is defending him. People are rightfully pointing out that he was raised in a household with an upbringing that fostered the conditions in which sexual abuse can occur. It is not about "innocent childhood experimentation," it is much more complex than that. He did not have the proper tools to deal with sexual feelings in an age-appropriate manner. The fact that he went for the prepubescent kids is not surprising because they are more compliant, are afraid to tell, and they are more easily accessible. The fact that there were multiple victims is unsurprising here.

This is a very emotionally charged topic. Sluce and Montana Mama will understand this- I practice general criminal law, but for the last three years I have almost exclusively represented preteens and teenagers charged with sex offenses. In the vast majority of cases, they touched or raped family members. The victims are usually 4-10 years old though I've had younger and older victims in cases. The perpetrators are usually 13-17 years old. Many more males than females, but I've definitely had female clients too. This situation sounds like ALL of the cases I handle on a daily basis.

Being 14 or 15 and completely unknowlegable about sex results in crimes like this. Again, these kids aren't trying to "hurt" their siblings, though that is the result of their actions. They are acting out sexually because they don't have another outlet. That said, the behavior is emotionally and sometimes physically damaging to the victims and is criminal. That's why SO treatment exists.

You can't make blanket statements about him or this situation without knowing a lot more about what happened. I wonder if he had a psychosexual evaluation and whether he completed an actual SO program? Or if the girls got therapy?
    Last edited by NickiDrea; May 22nd, 2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Spelling error!
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

There's a few like that. There's also all kinds of posts praising him for being so brave and honorable for his facebook post and gushing about how wonderous his repentance is. It's like stepping into a bizarre parallel universe.

They are what I call the ignorant "Kumbayah" christians. They think because they are Christians, that they live in a world of lollipops, rainbows, cuddly kittens, and pretty flowers and any wrong-doing should be met with a hug and a slap on the wrist. They think getting angry is a "sin" and that we should all "get along" and love each other. Let's all join hands and sing "Kumbayah". They act like Jesus was some zen hippie and that Christians are supposed to be passive and smilling all the time. While Jesus said to "love one another" he wasn't talking about condoning wrongful behavior. Or putting up with it. (And trust, me not ALL Christians are ignorant "Kumbayah", thank goodness!)
    Kittylady and lindsaywhit like this.

It's okay. He repented!

"Josh you are honorable and forgiven. NO ONE is too far that the blood of Christ cannot cover them. Anna you are a true Prov 31 woman~ Mr. & Mrs. Duggar you are such a wonderdul Christian standard in a poisoned world. I pray your show is not cancelled and that your family binds closer to get over this speed-bump of life. NO one has the right to judge you Josh & Anna Duggar! You repented -- truly repented and changed your ways! God bless you all~"

and response: "I'm not Christian so I don't know the rules but how come I get condemned for having hot, same gender, consensual sex with a girl my own age but this dude rapes his sister and your saying it's all good??"

and then God weighs in:

And this is what happens in sexually repressed, bat shit crazy families. Home schooling will solve everything. JFC, these people. It's funny the way the fundies are coming out of the woodwork trying to shut the show down. LOL.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Elite Member

TLC = Touching Little Children.

ETA: Oh good. The other TLC-molester has decided to weigh in om the matter.

Mama June to TLC: No Fair, You Support Duggar Molestation and Not Ours

Honey Boo Boo matriarch Mama June Shannon is so angry about TLC’s handling of the revelation that 19 Kids and Counting’s Josh Duggar molested girls (including his sisters) as a teenager, that she’s threatening to sue the network, TMZ reports. TLC quickly cancelled Here Comes Honey Boo Boo last year with a whole season of the show taped and in the tankafter it was alleged that Shannon had entered in a relationship with Mark McDaniel, a convicted sex offender who allegedly molested Shannon’s own daughter, Anna Cardwell. She tells TMZ she’s out “hundreds of thousands of dollars” now that the show is over.

So far, the network has stayed quiet in regards to 19 Kids and Counting, documenting the lives of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and their children. Their oldest, Josh Duggar, was revealed in a story by inTouch Weekly yesterday to have been accused as a teenager of molesting multiple underage girls—including his own sisters. As US Weekly noticed, TLC actually aired a 19 Kids and Counting marathon last night.

“I read that the Duggar family said, this happening with their son brought them closer to God and each other. So they’re saying it’s ok to have family touch time? Hell no,” Mama June told TMZ.

Here’s an idea: How about no one on any TLC show ever has any family touch time?
    Who wants to see a showdown between the Honey Boo Boos and the Duggars. Religious fundamentalism or morbid obesity - who will take the prize. Now, there's a show for TLC.
    Last edited by idunno; May 22nd, 2015 at 11:25 AM.

WWJD = Who Would Josh Diddle

Evil Twitchy2.0 But dead on. Love you!
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

I can pretty much guarantee that there wasn't any sort of evaluation of this guy or therapy for those girls.

Is that counseling chart for real? God let it happen because of immodest dress?

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Is that counseling chart for real? God let it happen because of immodest dress?
    Ugggh. That's blaming the victim. No girl/woman should be molested because she showed some thigh or her blouse fell open and *gasp*, her cleavage was exposed for 2 seconds. Especially if she's a LITTLE GIRL!!! OR if they were innocently sleeping in their beds and their horny ass brother creept into their rooms!!!

I've always wondered though. Where does the modesty thing stop? What if a guy is turned on by the nape of the neck? Or the ear lobe. Or toes? Are sandals forbidden?
    Kittylady and BrickHouse like this.

More info on the pamphlet here:

How “Counseling Sexual Abuse” Blames and Shames Survivors

and another one of the series:

How “Lessons From Moral Failures in a Family” Blames Victims

I wonder what family that was based upon.

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread Information