Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

Silver Member

I think religious people should shut up about this issue, they keep digging their collective hole deeper on this issue:

Anna Duggar has to be asking herself. Are my children really safe here and am I willing to take that risk?

Quote Originally Posted by exippy View Post
    Anna Duggar has to be asking herself. Are my children really safe here and am I willing to take that risk?
    I bet she's not.
    Janus, Kittylady, LameAnn and 6 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

From the LA Times:

Sarah Palin has taken to social media to blast what the former Vice Presidential candidate views as the liberal media bias in its extensive coverage of the Josh Duggar sex scandal.

The former Alaskan governor said that while Duggar, star of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," was being "crucified" after recently admitting to inappropriate contact with several underage girls when he was a teenager, the media gave "Girls" creator Lena Dunham "a pass" after controversial details emerged from her 2014 memoir "Not That Kind of Girl." In the book, Dunham wrote that as a 7-year-old she gave her 1-year-old sister candy in exchange for kisses and a look at her vagina.

Palin called Dunham a "pedophile," adding on Facebook: "HEY LENA, WHY NOT LAUGH OFF EVERYONE'S SEXUAL 'EXPERIMENTS' AS YOU HAUGHTILY ENJOY REWARDS FOR YOUR OWN PERVERSION?"

"I'm not an apologist for any sexual predator, but I'm sickened that the media gives their chosen ones a pass for any behavior as long as they share their leftwing politics," Palin wrote Thursday. "Case in point, they suggest Lena Dunham's sexual assault on her sibling is cute, and she's rewarded for it with fame and fortune. Meanwhile, they crucify another, along with an entire family."

Dunham, 29, has not publicly addressed the accusations being hurled at her by Palin, and her representative declined to comment on the matter.

However, when the media picked up her story last fall, Dunham aired her grievances on the issue via Twitter.

"The right wing news story that I molested my little sister isn't just LOL -- it's really ... upsetting and disgusting," she tweeted at the time.

Duggar, 27, has been at the center of a media firestorm after an In Touch story citing a police report said he had inappropriate conduct with minors. Shortly after, the father of three apologized in a Facebook post and said that when he was a young teenager he "acted inexcusably" and "hurt others," including family and close friends. He did not elaborate further on his specific actions.

In an interview with Fox News' Megyn Kelly on Wednesday, his parents said that he "improperly touched" five underage girls, two of whom were his sisters, Jessa Seewald, now 22, and Jill Dillard, 24. The backlash against him and their reality series persisted despite his family coming to his defense.

I found Dunham's admissions disturbing at the time, partially because who brags about that kind of stuff? And she talked about some really inappropriate behavior. However, there is a difference between a 7 year old and a 15 year old in terms of knowing what is right and wrong, and there is a difference between inappropriate and criminal. I also think Dunham wrote about it the way she did to raise eyebrows, because she loves attention. (On a different level, I wouldn't mind if we took down Dunham, just because I find her completely insufferable.)

What I love about any of these arguments is that whenever someone who is right wing starts in on the media, it's "the liberal media" and whenever someone liberal talks about the media it's "the right-wing media." Labels of convenience for whoever is being wronged.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    These fuckers are done. Finito.

The ONLY way there can ever be anything else with these people is if one of the kids totally breaks away from the rest of the fucked up family of abusers and enablers and completely denounces the religious cult and that whole way of life. And the least likely to do this are the three married adult children. I've got a feeling IF any of them actually have the gumption and integrity to break away (Jana, Jinger?), having a reality show about it would probably be the last thing they're looking to do. Hopefully, anyway.

As bad as I feel for Jessa having been victimized, she needs to shut her annoying kool-aid drinker. If anyone is especially put-out at the gravy train coming to a screeching halt, it's her. She didn't get to have all her Jessa-centered episodes: Gender reveal, precious baby shower, special delivery, baptism, etc, etc. She in particular seemed to have taken to the increased fame/money/opportunity like a duck to water.
    I have hope that Jana might have the sense to run along with the younger children. From the couple of episodes I have seen (I deserve shit for admitting this) she is the one looking after the kids, teaching them, feeding them, clothing them etc. Michelle seems to do very little with the children and Jim Bob is hardly ever around, I think the kids would actually be better off with Jana as she seems to genuinely love and care for them.

She's the eldest daughter and out of everyone seems to have the smartest head on her shoulders. I can't help but wonder now, with all these allegations that have come out, if she has stuck around to make sure the younger children are safe and she can keep an eye on them. Now the allegations have been made public, if anyone in the family does want to run now is there chance, possibly their only chance.
    Janus likes this.
    “My life would be much more easier had I been a f1-driver in the 70’s with the guys. I was definitely born in the wrong era.” Kimi Raikkonen

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by WelshSquelch View Post
    I have hope that Jana might have the sense to run along with the younger children. From the couple of episodes I have seen (I deserve shit for admitting this) she is the one looking after the kids, teaching them, feeding them, clothing them etc. Michelle seems to do very little with the children and Jim Bob is hardly ever around, I think the kids would actually be better off with Jana as she seems to genuinely love and care for them.

She's the eldest daughter and out of everyone seems to have the smartest head on her shoulders. I can't help but wonder now, with all these allegations that have come out, if she has stuck around to make sure the younger children are safe and she can keep an eye on them. Now the allegations have been made public, if anyone in the family does want to run now is there chance, possibly their only chance.
    Maybe she stuck around because she knows once she gets married she will have to answer to a man and have baby after baby. I read that birth control is not allowed in any form. Your job is to have as many children as the Good Lord gives you.

Run, Jana, run.

Jana isn't a rebel she's incredibly shy, I would think she is the last one that would turn against her family. She's shy, kind and has been completely brainwashed along with the rest of them.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I don't remember if it's Jana or Jinger, but one of the girls has been sent off to re-education camp several times.

There's a theory that Jana has never married despite being the eldest daughter because she either wants to, or is being forced to, stay to raise her younger siblings. She's the one who's been their mother. Now people are wondering if she stays to protect the kids from Josh, or if she feels guilty or was made to feel guilty for not protecting the kids.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    From the LA Times:

Sarah Palin has taken to social media to blast what the former Vice Presidential candidate views as the liberal media bias in its extensive coverage of the Josh Duggar sex scandal.

The former Alaskan governor said that while Duggar, star of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," was being "crucified" after recently admitting to inappropriate contact with several underage girls when he was a teenager, the media gave "Girls" creator Lena Dunham "a pass" after controversial details emerged from her 2014 memoir "Not That Kind of Girl." In the book, Dunham wrote that as a 7-year-old she gave her 1-year-old sister candy in exchange for kisses and a look at her vagina.

Palin called Dunham a "pedophile," adding on Facebook: "HEY LENA, WHY NOT LAUGH OFF EVERYONE'S SEXUAL 'EXPERIMENTS' AS YOU HAUGHTILY ENJOY REWARDS FOR YOUR OWN PERVERSION?"

"I'm not an apologist for any sexual predator, but I'm sickened that the media gives their chosen ones a pass for any behavior as long as they share their leftwing politics," Palin wrote Thursday. "Case in point, they suggest Lena Dunham's sexual assault on her sibling is cute, and she's rewarded for it with fame and fortune. Meanwhile, they crucify another, along with an entire family."
    Actually, Ms. Palin you are an apologist of sorts for several sexual predators I can think of off the top of my head. How many times have you publicly sucked up to Ted Nudgent, Phil Robertson, and Rush Limbaugh? You don't appear to have any problem at all with their penchants for young girls and/or boys.

As for Lena Dunham, I wasn't aware that she had portrayed herself as a paragon of godly Christian modesty, purity and virtue, only to then be revealed as a teenage sexual predator. Because let's be real, that's why the Duggars are in such deep shit. For their monumental, overweening hypocrisy.
    Janus, Mivvi21, *DIVA! and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I don't remember if it's Jana or Jinger, but one of the girls has been sent off to re-education camp several times.

There's a theory that Jana has never married despite being the eldest daughter because she either wants to, or is being forced to, stay to raise her younger siblings. She's the one who's been their mother. Now people are wondering if she stays to protect the kids from Josh, or if she feels guilty or was made to feel guilty for not protecting the kids.
    She has been probably taking care of the younger ones since she has been 3 or 4. She's been probably told "you are oldest girl, you need to take care of the younger ones". She is probably not brave enough to even think that maybe she doesn't want to do that. And with the youngest one being special-needs and with rumors that Michelle is actually immobile and not able to walk it seems that she probably will have to take care of Duggars rest of her life. And you can bet that her younger siblings will start to dump their kids off to Jana to take care "since she has nothing better to do" as soon as Duggar household will have less than 10 minors living there.
    Kittylady and RobbieLee like this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshSquelch View Post
    I just watched the interview on Youtube and barely managed to make it all the way through. I don't pretend to know what it must be like to have kids and I certainly don't know how bad it must feel when you learn one of your children has been sexually abusing his younger siblings but as a parent, it was their job to protect their children and they failed. .

I do have children and I really do not want to know how this must feel but I do know one thing, I wouldn't protect the wrongdoer and blame the victim.
    That is just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    As bad as I feel for Jessa having been victimized, she needs to shut her annoying kool-aid drinker. If anyone is especially put-out at the gravy train coming to a screeching halt, it's her. She didn't get to have all her Jessa-centered episodes: Gender reveal, precious baby shower, special delivery, baptism, etc, etc. She in particular seemed to have taken to the increased fame/money/opportunity like a duck to water.
    You mean, Jill? Jessa just got married in November 2014 and her baby is due late this year. Jill was the one crying in the interview with Megan Kelly.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Jessa is who I was talking about. Jill's gigantic monster baby is already here and that drama has already aired.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The Duggar's dear friends another fundie family The Bates, are starting their own reality TV show on UPtv, Bringing up the Bates.
    Bringing Up Bates - Bringing Up Bates - Home - UPtv.com - Uplifting Entertainment – Family Movies, TV Series, Music

Is it possible that the people behind this show paid someone to have the dope on Josh released?

Well the father of this family is on the board of directors for that ATI/IBLP cult that was headed up by that now-ousted sex perv. So anything is possible. http://iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate...oard-directors

They're just the scandal-free (that we know of) version of the Duggars.
    Last edited by MsDark; June 7th, 2015 at 09:45 PM.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information