Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Of course they're gonna try save their "brand" by interviewing on Faux News. Why isn't Josh in the interview too? He's an adult, let him speak for himself!

https://www.facebook.com/TheKellyFile

The Kelly File

1 hr

Don’t miss Megyn Kelly’s EXCLUSIVE interview with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar as they open up about their son Josh's molestation allegations and the recent controversy surrounding their family. TUNE IN: Megyn Kelly Interviews Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar on 'The Kelly File' Wednesday, June 3rd at 9p ET | Fox News Insider
    TUNE IN to 'The Kelly File' Wednesday at 9p ET on Fox News Channel.
    Lawyers, I'm sure.

Gold Member

Why is Fox using the word allegations?

An allegation is an unproven claim. He's admitted to this. How about just calling it what it is - Josh admitted to being a child molester.

I know - because Fox. Still....
    Angeli, Janus, Witchywoman and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I am not sure what I think about that board. Been reading it since the early days on ezBoard when the Duggar thread at TWoP kept getting locked and someone started it on ezBoard. Over the years it seems as if the tone has changed -- a lot -- and there are some members who crash fundie events and take pics and then report back. I read over on GOMI that there may be a poster who created an Excel spreadsheet with data about the family and maybe the other fundies they follow. When I saw posts upon posts that seemed to me to come across as over-invested. When the discussion about a "mission statement" began, I stopped reading the board.
    Well, ewwww. That IS way over invested. Just the posts I saw were hilarious but I didn't stay on it but about 5 minutes.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

As Janet would whisper-sing: "This is SICK!".

RE InigoMontoya
    Well, I'm sure that some people on that board are still only on it to let off steam when they watch those creepy episodes or when there's other news coverage about the Duggars and/or other fundamentalists. But, of course, it is a delusion to think that one can actually change much about them. Right now, however, it seems that some of their detailed knowledge of the Duggars is actually useful. After all look how they got mentioned in that gawker article. And to be fair some of the board members might actually have personal experience with annoying fundamentalists close to where they live, so I can understand that they use their board to speak about their encounters. Crashing some events if they go smart about it isn't necessarily that bad. Don't you think that fundamentalists are actually dangerous to society? Imagine if they got successfully into mainstream politics and enforced some terrible laws. So I see nothing wrong with people actually paying close attention to these dangerous loonies.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLee View Post
    RE InigoMontoya
    Well, I'm sure that some people on that board are still only on it to let off steam when they watch those creepy episodes or when there's other news coverage about the Duggars and/or other fundamentalists. But, of course, it is a delusion to think that one can actually change much about them. Right now, however, it seems that some of their detailed knowledge of the Duggars is actually useful. After all look how they got mentioned in that gawker article. And to be fair some of the board members might actually have personal experience with annoying fundamentalists close to where they live, so I can understand that they use their board to speak about their encounters. Crashing some events if they go smart about it isn't necessarily that bad. Don't you think that fundamentalists are actually dangerous to society? Imagine if they got successfully into mainstream politics and enforced some terrible laws. So I see nothing wrong with people actually paying close attention to these dangerous loonies.
    They are dangerous in as much as they misrepresent Christianity and are abusive in their "beliefs" to others. I've been around some mild versions of religious/spiritual abuse myself and I know how effed up it can be. You have to really know the Bible and the truth of what Jesus taught to not get sucked into the manipulation of some of these bullies.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

What I think about fundies of this ilk is a few posts back and is pretty clear.

I have been reading FJ since the very beginning. I believe a lot of what occurs on FJ is over-investment, and my impression of a lot of the content and actions of the posters over the years is mean-spirited. But hey, YMMV, and all that.

Huh, I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. Maybe because people feel bad for all those kids who suffer from neglect and physical and/or psychological abuse in fundie families, they feel more entitled to become invested in the matter? Like a helper syndrome? Ok enough with the armchair analysis.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Silver Member

Team FJ. The Duggars and their ilk and their enablers, including everyone who watches their show without bothering to learn how ugly and damaging their beliefs are, and how the patriarchy/quiverfull movement leaders -- who generally turn out to be sexual criminals -- they follow/associate with are perverting Christianity even more than it already is perverted.
    Janus likes this.

Elite Member

I so hope some of these kids will make a run for it, and that TLC covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLee View Post
    Huh, I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. Maybe because people feel bad for all those kids who suffer from neglect and physical and/or psychological abuse in fundie families, they feel more entitled to become invested in the matter? Like a helper syndrome? Ok enough with the armchair analysis.
    Could be; I am unsure how much FJ helps them, IMO. There is a lot of information many don't know about fundamentalism and the various leaders, but there are also a lot of mean-spirited comments about fundie bloggers. Some visited to defend themselves and were ripped apart. Posters who disagreed with other, more prolific posters were told "don't come in here and shit on the rug," posters went to great lengths to ferret out personal information about bloggers, discuss how they planned to attend/crash personal events just to snark, etc.

It just evolved, to me, into a board where the posts and actions discussed, and the way other posters were treated by a small group of prolific posters, began to come across to me as if they hoped for a "take down" of all the fundie families who have threads on that board and "don't shit on the carpet" if you disagreed. That's just not my cup of tea.

Full disclosure -- the tone may be different now. I haven't read over there in months; it's hard to navigate that site.
    Janus likes this.

Didn't know this, more hypocrisy.
    While running for U.S. Senate in Arkansas, the patriarch of the Duggar clan -- the family that is the central focus of the TLC reality TV show "19 Kids And Counting" -- said that rape and incest should be punishable by death. Yet during his run, he reportedly knew that one of his sons, Josh, had molested one of his daughters.
    . https://lockerdome.com/6904526108243...10680598975252
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I've lurked off/on at FJ for awhile. Recently joined but have yet to make more than two actual posts.

I do love that they are all up on the bullshit facade that is the Duggars and have been from the get go.

When this broke I had to go check what they were saying. After this place, of course.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I've lurked off/on at FJ for awhile. Recently joined but have yet to make more than two actual posts.

I do love that they are all up on the bullshit facade that is the Duggars and have been from the get go.

When this broke I had to go check what they were saying. After this place, of course.
    They've also been up on many of the other fundie leaders, like Doug Phillips, formerly of Vision Forum, and Gothard, Zsu's husband, and the like, from early on; the factual info that's been researched, discovered and posted, think it's good that it is "out there" for those not familiar with the Patriarchy and Quiverfull movements who may come across it while googling the Duggars.

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar

Covered Up Molestation

40 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

Josh Duggar's parents knew he repeatedly molested his five-year-old sister but failed to notify authorities for at least 16 months ... this according to a just-released police report.
    According to the report, obtained by In Touch, Josh confessed toJim Bob on 3 separate occasions that he molested at least one sister. Here's the worst part ... after the first confession, Jim Bob did nothing and the molestations continued. And after the second confession, Jim Bob again did nothing to notify authorities or even get him help and again the molestations continued.
    After the third confession, Josh's parents enrolled him in a treatment program, but they did not notify authorities until at least 4 months after the last confession. And get this ... the delay was at least 16 months after Josh's first confession.
    Put another way, had Jim Bob and Michelle notified authorities immediately after Josh's first confession, they might have taken action that would have prevented the subsequent molestations.
    It's possible the Duggar parents could have been prosecuted for permitting abuse of a minor, but the statute of limitations has long since passed.
    TLC still hasn't announced the fate of "19 Kids and Counting," but now that there's evidence the parents may have covered up the crime, it's going to be hard for TLC to keep the show afloat.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information