Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

My guess is they paid off the right people to make this go away.

I'm not surprised by this at all. People would be shocked if they knew how often this happens in families. It's especially unsurprising in a highly religious family that probably preaches to their kids that any sexual behavior before marriage is a sin, and fails to adequately advise their kids about sex. I'd be surprised if more kids in this family are not molestation victims.
    Brookie, sluce, IheartDior and 5 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

This has been a rumor for years, but most of the folks at FreeJinger think it started with Razing Ruth, who is a liar and a grifter. She made up a whole quiverfull life and accepted money from sympathetic people who read her blog, even claiming at one point that her brother had cancer. These tabloids keep drudging up fake stories from the FreeJinger forums (including the Tim Tebow rumor which started in a "make up a duggar rumor" thread) based on idle speculation from the fans. The Josh "sin in the camp" rumors occasionally come up on there and the history of the rumor is explained. The only way I'll believe these allegations as anything more than lazy journalism is if they produce actual documents or actual sources confirm the claims.

He had to have done something illegal for there to be a case worth investigating here. This comment says a lot to me: "Sgt. Darrel Hignite, the officer who reportedly led the investigation, would not give a statement about the case. “I can’t comment or discuss [this case] because of the sensitive nature and because it involved a juvenile,” he said, according to In Touch Weekly." Imean why not just say "no comment"? It does sound like its under pretty sensitive circumstances, not just a hornball teen being creepy and lacking boundaries. I could be wrong, but none of this would surprise me if true. It seems like there's almost always "rumors" out there of celebrities for years that no one takes seriously because they're so crazy, but its not unusual when they eventually come out as the truth. It would explain why the parents are so extreme with their side hugs only and chaperones. Something must have happened here, not just the guilt of the parents' premarital hookups, but something more that has to be making them so distrusting and obsessed with it all.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

How ironic that it's reported in "In Touch Weekly".........

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

fgg

Duggar Son
    Allegedly Admitted to Sexually Molesting Minor Girls ...
    Including Sisters

Josh Duggar, one of the members of the family that stars in TLC's "19 Kids and Counting" ... was the subject of a police investigation for allegedly sexually molesting 5 girls, some of whom are his sisters.

The story was broken by In Touch Weekly, but TMZ has confirmed with law enforcement that Josh Duggar -- who was around 14 at the time -- was the alleged molester against 5 girls starting in 2002.

According to the police report, Josh fondled the genitals and breasts of the girls, some of whom were sleeping, but sometimes they were interacting with him ... in one case reading a book.

There was another reported incident 9 months later. According to the police report, the police were not immediately contacted. Instead, Jim Bob, the dad, met with church elders and agreed Josh should be put in a treatment program.

In 2006, the family was scheduled to appear on "Oprah," and before the show someone sent an email to Harpo warning that Josh had molested girls. Harpo forwarded the email to a hotline, which triggered a police investigation.

Cops wanted to question Josh, but Jim Bob lawyered him up and Josh declined the invitation.

Josh, who is now 27, apparently cannot be charged because the statute of limitations has run.

A source connected with TLC production says no decision has been made on what, if anything, the network will do. As for the Duggars, one of the family members told investigators, "this entire incident had brought the family closer to God" ... this according the police report.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Well if they are now closer to God, it's case closed.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I remember how quickly they tried tto marry him off. Now we know why. Those poor girls. Jim Bob didn't report it to the police for over a year, and the church elders knew for nine of those months. All of those people are horrible for not protecting those kids sooner.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Janus like this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

This could blow this family up. I hope the victims talk.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    This could blow this family up. I hope the victims talk.
    So do I but it's unlikely if they are still connected with the Quiverful loons and they don't sound like an easy group to break from. The poor girls have probably had it entrenched into their brains that it's all their fault by their families and possibly even the husbands they were forced to take to save the family name.
    Janus likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

"5 kids and counting...."

I don't understand the cultural/religious impact of this family, but they already seemed rather creepy to me before this happened.

"this entire incident had brought the family closer to God"

Kittylady and Janus like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

The Duggars Respond to Reports That Josh Duggar Was Accused of Child Molestation

D Dipasupil/Getty

By Charlotte Triggs AND Alicia C. Dennis
    05/21/2015 AT 05:55 PM EDT

In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, Josh Duggar, his wife Anna, and his parents Jim Bob and Michelle are speaking out in response to reports that Josh was once accused of molesting five underage girls as a teen.

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, 27, tells PEOPLE in a statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Josh has resigned from his position at the Family Research Council as a result of the accusations becoming public, but his family has stood behind him.

"Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives," Jim Bob, 49, and Michelle, 48, said in a joint statement. "When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes, and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before."

Their statement continues, "Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles everyday. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God's kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us – even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey – the good times and the difficult times – cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything."

And Josh's wife Anna, 26, says she has remained supportive of her husband – even after he confessed his "past teenage mistakes" two years before he proposed marriage.

"I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock," she says. "When my family and I first visited the Duggar home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh, he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was – even every difficult past mistakes."

But Anna said she had confidence that the counseling her husband received "changed his life."

"He continued to do what he was taught. [I know] who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended," she says. "Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right."

And for his part, Josh says he continues living with regret.

"I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions," says Josh. "I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God's grace, mercy and redemption."
    The Duggars Respond to Reports That Josh Duggar Was Accused of Child Molestation - Crime & Courts, TV News, Anna Duggar, Jim Bob Duggar, Joshua Duggar, Michelle Duggar, The Duggars : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

If he was so open about it, then why did he take a job with the Family Research Council? He should have stayed Arkansas selling used cars on the Dugger lot.
    chartreuse and Janus like this.

I can't wait for the TLC special: Five Molestations and counting!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information