Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

When I was young I knew a kid of a religious fundie who got whipped with a horsewhip. No kidding.

I had some neighbors whose holy-roller Baptist-of-some-sort church I and my brother got to visit a couple of times when we were kids. But they were never allowed to visit ours because we were evil Catholics and they didn't approve of our music, that there were dances, bingos, and :::gasp::: alcohol! in our church services!

My gay bff growing up probably had it the worst though, being raised in a pentecostal church. Where the women wore no makeup, grew their hair as long as it could grow, and wore denim skirts/jumpers to the floors with huge fucking ugly collars....kind of like the Fuggars used to dress before they became famous and 'worldly'.

But these people were either stupid or in the biggest sea of denial on the planet that they were shocked and scandalized when he finally came out. I mean, we are talking about a dude who sang choir, played piano, baked casseroles for potluck, and even helped those poor girls (including his supposed "finacee") find ways to fix their 3 ft long hair! I was like...really?? You guys are shocked????
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

.“I do not believe that pedophiles or other deviants who claim to have found God are telling the truth,” she added. “I believe this is a lie they tell to gain access to easy targets, namely children in church, at camp, etc.”
    i completely agree with this statement from Szu.
    Janus and Honeythorn like this.

All those examples about child corporal punishment plus that Pearl's method me want to vomit. I think child services should get involved with those cultish freaks especially when they brag about their great raising methods like that Zsuzsanna Anderson woman. Also I think TLC knew full and well that the Buggars are hitting their kids when they started their Reality TV Show. The "education"-channel wanted to show what it's like to raise so many kids and I would say they neglected to portrait how Jim Bob and Michelle use their rod with their kids. Instead they let them lie and whitewash this part, even though this topic is one that many viewers have questions about because they know the fundamentalists' approval of corporal punishment. Shows about fundamentalists can't go on actually, if they are that uncritical and never show any questionable aspects.
    Janus likes this.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Always with the gays. All these fundies are soooo obsessed with what the gays are doing.
    Because most are better at decorating and at keeping things clean and in order. And most of them dress immaculately

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You start small. A gluestick is used to beat infants. (full 12 inch gluesticks) Then you move up to a length of PVC tubing. I am not making this up.

NOOOOO please tell me you are inventing this.

I am not.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Violent Discipline? Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Used ‘A Rod’ To ‘Spank’ All Children
    Sorry, I read this as the Duggars used Alex Rodriguez to spank their kids. I kind of approve.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Sorry, I read this as the Duggars used Alex Rodriguez to spank their kids. I kind of approve.
    He can come spank me anytime
    Brookie and BrickHouse like this.

Sorry for the double post, but I started a thread on the Pearls in the parenting section. The article I found was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLee View Post
    All those examples about child corporal punishment plus that Pearl's method me want to vomit. I think child services should get involved with those cultish freaks especially when they brag about their great raising methods like that Zsuzsanna Anderson woman. Also I think TLC knew full and well that the Buggars are hitting their kids when they started their Reality TV Show. The "education"-channel wanted to show what it's like to raise so many kids and I would say they neglected to portrait how Jim Bob and Michelle use their rod with their kids. Instead they let them lie and whitewash this part, even though this topic is one that many viewers have questions about because they know the fundamentalists' approval of corporal punishment. Shows about fundamentalists can't go on actually, if they are that uncritical and never show any questionable aspects.
    Problem here is that if it is too late to see bruising, and you have witnesses and victims that refuse to cooperate due to religious brainwashing or whatever, there is really jack shit that child services will do. The cops are normally the liaison between the victim and the CPS. (If there is a complaint directly to CPS they will send out an officer to do an initial "welfare check"). Even if the reporting officer is certain something is going on...but can't confirm it via statements or direct evidence, the CPS will fight tooth and nail. They are overloaded. If you don't hand them a binder with a confession, a witness or two, a victim with active injuries, and one that is willing to testify the likelihood is that they won't take it on. If they do, due to the overload, they do a quick check weeks later, and close it out. They just have so many cases and not nearly enough manpower.
    twitchy2.0 and Janus like this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Yep. Bitch I knew got away with it because the kids were always clean, well dressed, well fed, no visible damage and the house was clean, Martha Stewart-ized and filled with unused educational toys, crafts, etc. I called, the neighbours called (multiple neighbours because they kept moving), schools eventually got involved (multiple schools because of moves and expulsions).
    Kittylady likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Yep. Bitch I knew got away with it because the kids were always clean, well dressed, well fed, no visible damage and the house was clean, Martha Stewart-ized and filled with unused educational toys, crafts, etc. I called, the neighbours called (multiple neighbours because they kept moving), schools eventually got involved (multiple schools because of moves and expulsions).
    I'm sorry to hear about that twitchy. That happens a lot. While abuse can happen in any home, I primarily saw two types of homes on a regular basis. It was either the crack den disgusting type of house that I encountered during a drug raid (those children were ALWAYS taken in), or the "perfect" home with the "perfect" mommy and daddy. In those types of cases, it was normally that the parents wanted to have the house seem wonderful....but the children kept letting them down because perfect doesn't exist. I found those ones to be almost as bad as the crack houses. Problem was, CPS would take a peek, and walk away. It would take multiple complains from various agencies before it became a concern. (hospitals, schools, councilors, police agencies, neighbors, etc. )

You did the right thing. Sometimes it takes many voices to speak for the victims who cannot speak for themselves.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

twitchy, what finally happened that led to the kid ending up in a group home?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post

And that is what KILLS me Bluebonnet. People keep saying he was a "teen" and he made a "normal" teen mistake. No, it is NOT a normal teen mistake. When you are a teen your play doctor with a kid in your school. You DON'T feel up (Or more, who knows) your FIVE YEAR OLD SLEEPING SISTER. You don't make sly jokes about incest on TV. This was a well advanced teen, post hormonal kid making advances on a small child, just out of toddlerhood. And the creepy thing about all of this is there might be more victims who are too young to speak. That creeps me out the most.
    Bluebonnet, Janus and chartreuse like this.
    Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    twitchy, what finally happened that led to the kid ending up in a group home?
    He hit puberty and was physically stronger than her.

Thread Information