Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

Do Jim Bob and Michelle believe in spanking?

Joan, a viewer, asks: I'm 77 years old and love your show. I wish I would have seen it when my children were young. I would have done things a lot different. You are doing such a beautiful job of raising your children. Do or have you ever had to spank your children?

Michelle: We have people ask us that all the time. We've really chosen to focus on praising our kids for good character, for Godly character. And as we do that, we find that we have a lot less trouble with correction when we are constantly looking for ways to praise them.
    When we see them do a kind deed we praise them publicly. We always say, "You deserve praise." You praise someone publicly, but if you're going to have to correct someone, you correct them privately. You take them aside and talk to them privately so that you don't humiliate them in front of people.
    And by doing that I think it really sets a tone in your home of peace and harmony and a joyful place to live - it really is a happy place to be. The kids don't dread coming home because they know this is the place they're going to get strengthened and encouraged, and they're going to have the energy to go out and do great things from here. To be able to stand alone when tough things come their way and know in their heart, "You know, that's not right. I don't want to partake in that because I can see the destruction that'll come." So when the home is the center of their worth as far as them being strengthened and edified and encouraged, they know they can go out and do anything set in front of them and do great things for God. That's our goal.
    So in training the little guys, day in and day out, if I see the little ones not being kind to each other, I will take them aside and I will deal with them and talk to them and have them work this out amongst themselves and learn to communicate and be kind to each other. And then when I see them being sweet and doing what's right, I make a big deal! "Oh, Jennifer, you were such a sweet big sister! You got Jordyn a cup. You are so sweet! What a kind thing to do!!"
    We've learned all the character qualities -- we're working on that for these little guys now. But the bigger ones, when they were little, we [talked about the] the definition of kindness: Seeing needs in the lives of others as opportunities to demonstrate love for Christ. "So when you got your sissy that cup of water, you were showing her love and kindness by doing that. You didn't have to that; it wasn't your job. But you saw that she was thirsty and you did that just because of your love for your sissy and because you love Jesus and Jesus tells you to be kind to others." I always point them back to the reason why they want to do what's right. And when you praise that character of kindness, they want to be more kind. Every time they get an opportunity, they're going to look for a way to be kind.
    And it doesn't just have be our kids. Our spouses, the people we work with every day, people at school, all of us need to be encouraged. That's why God gives us that scripture that says, "Encourage one another and build each other up, for this is right." So often the natural inclination of us would be to look at all the negative, "They didn't empty that trash. They know that's their job. I can't believe they didn't do that ..." We usually will spot the negative things - those tend to be the first things we see.
    I think biting your tongue as a parent and saying, wait a minute, hold on. Let me look for something good. Surely there's one thing good that they did! (Laughs) I'm going to find that one thing and then I'm going to find the character quality and praise them for it. Even the tiniest little effort they made, you're building character. When you focus on the Godly character, it makes a much happier place to live. Learning to bite your tongue when you want to be negative and praising each other - it's contagious. Then our children learn to praise by example. And so there's a lot less correction going on.

Do Jim Bob and Michelle believe in spanking? | 19 Kids and Counting | TLC

-----------

From TLC's own website the "Michelle Duggar's Blog". The spanking issue seems to be a concern many people have and there she is negating this.
    Last edited by RobbieLee; May 27th, 2015 at 05:59 AM.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

It's a yes or no question, Michelle.

no doubt they spank or as Michelle likes to put it, "correct." It's the fundie way of life. Not surprised they have an actual rod to do it with too. Fundies are nothing if not literal readers of the Bible.
    sputnik and chartreuse like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

The irony is that other Fundamentalists like Zsuzsannah Anderson (see previous page) criticize her and Jim Bob for not standing up for this essential part of the Fundie way of life. What hypocrites, what liars and really also TLC doesn't look good either for letting them run with this PR answer about spanking. I also love how that "blog entry" from Michelle has a pic of her with one of her daughters (Jinger?) in the background cleaning.

There is a rod that they use as a child of theirs stated in her testimony. See also previous page with the article from radar online.

Edited to add the comments under Michelle's post on her TLC website. I hope it's ok that I am posting this but I find it interesting. The latest one is from after the Josh-Duggar-police-report was released and the two before that are from months before we learned about how Michelle is lying about the spanking. She calls her disciplining method "talking" and "correcting". Spanking is a sensitive issue hence the evasiveness. It's really "funny" that her fellow fundies WANT her to admit to spanking but of course she can't because how could she run a TV show with an untarnished image for her family? TLC and the Duggars have been very deceitful about this question and I think this seals the deal for them now.

www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/do-jim-bob-and-michelle-believe-in-spanking/
    Last edited by RobbieLee; May 27th, 2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: addition
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Zsuzsanna
    OK. The spelling of that name is a sin in itself!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

No, it's just a European spelling. She's the abomination, however, this is the first post of hers that I've ever slightly agreed with.
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Zsu is a real piece of work, if the stories of her and her husband on FJ are to be believed. Makes me shake my head.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    No, it's just a European spelling. She's the abomination, however, this is the first post of hers that I've ever slightly agreed with.
    Even if that's the proper European spelling, it still really stands out like a Yugo parked in an Appalachian front yard.

I'm sure that's the point. Self-important heifer.

Give her some money and a platform and I'm sure she'd end up just as big an attention whore (and eventual hypocrite) as any Fuggar.
    ChloroformCasey likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Sounds like "Pastor" Anderson wants to kill some gay folks because he is scared he might be one. Look at how man-scaped that dude is. I bet he's out in a truckstop bathroom right this moment enjoying his 10 seconds in the glory hole.

Crazy fuckers.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Boy....that Zsuzsanna Anderson sounds like she'd be fucking riot at a party!!!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Zsu frightens me because she doesn't seem to know her place in the world. That bitch should be knocked up, in the kitchen making her man a sandwich. Instead she's out there JUDGING others in her Christian way and seeking personal attention.
    Trixie, sputnik, nwgirl and 5 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

So social services was involved at one point.

Duggar Molestation
    Case — Another
    Bombshell Revealed:
    Josh Sued the Arkansas
    Department of Human
    Services

May 27, 2015 7:59AM | by In Touch Weekly
    Getty Images

The Josh Duggar molestation case did not end when Springdale, Ark. police closed their investigation in 2006 because the statute of limitations had run out, In Touch Weekly is reporting exclusively.

(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
    Police referred the matter to the Families in Need of Services agency, which has jurisdiction over minors. The Department of Human Services (DHS) was then brought into the case, In Touch has learned. Nine months after those agencies entered the Duggar molestation case, Josh Duggar sued the Arkansas Department of Human Services. A trial was held on August 6, 2007.
    The results of the investigation into the Duggars and Josh’s trial are sealed. But a source familiar with the Duggar investigation told In Touch it was likely that Josh “appealed the DHS decision or finding from their investigation.” The source notes that DHS had the authority to apply “restrictions or stipulations about him being at home with the victims.
    RELATED: Josh Duggar’s Youngest Molestation Victim May Have Been As Young As 5-Years-Old
    “Josh would be considered an in-home offender, giving DHS the authority to do an investigation. As part of your appeal rights you can request a DHS hearing to challenge what they found and their ruling.”
    The Duggars are refusing to comment on the intervention by either department and Josh’s trial against DHS. They also are refusing to say if their family was monitored by a state agency after the 2007 actions and forced to undergo counseling by a licensed mental health professional.

(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
    In Touch broke the story about Josh molesting five victims multiple times during the course of at least two years, exclusively obtaining the Springdale Police Department’s report through the Freedom of Information Act.
    For the latest details about the Duggar case and the investigation into the family pick up the new issue of In Touch Weekly.

Duggar Molestation Case — Another Bombshell Revealed: Josh Sued the Arkansas Department of Human Services - In Touch Weekly
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

5 fucking years old!!! the network certainly knew about this before signing on The Duggers. This is so sad and pathetic. The victims should sue.
    greysfang likes this.

I hope DHS WAS involved and that the victims got some help. 5 years old? Any age makes me sick, but that just makes me want to do a dance on his face with my fists and feet.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I hope DHS WAS involved and that the victims got some help. 5 years old? Any age makes me sick, but that just makes me want to do a dance on his face with my fists and feet.
    Um hm. If DHS was involved, that was some bad shit going on. I have a feeling we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Oh, and for everyone's further enjoyment: Here's a post by another Duggar worshipper:

" The show is not promoting incest or child molestation. . The kid was vet young, did a bad thing. . Was dealt with as the family saw fit. . If he had smoked, and then quit, would you ask that the show be cancelled for promoting tobacco use? . Seriously people, get over yourselves. . Act like adults. "

Comparing molestation to cigarette smoking. I'd love to take a lit cigarette and put it out in Josh's eye!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thread Information