Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar was named in an underage sexual abuse probe

Twitchy, I can't see any of your pictures.

OMG! It's a conspiracy! I can see your pictures on other threads just fine!

Let me just assure you that they were awesome and you're missing out on a lot.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Well, I knew that.

DAP

Huckabee's Facebook page is a complete warzone right now. Thankfully he's getting dragged the shit out of by the majority of social media, but there's a pretty vocal minority defending him and Duggar. I almost had an aneurism from some of the ridiculous comments I came across.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Oh, she knew and found the whole thing admirable because he "humbled himself"

"I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock. It was not at the point of engagement, or after we were married - it was two years before Josh asked me to marry him. When my family and I first visited the Duggar Home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was -- even every difficult past mistakes. At that point and over the next two years, Josh shared how the counseling he received changed his life as he continued to do what he was taught. And when you, our sweet fans, first met me when Josh asked me to marry him... I was able to say, "Yes" knowing who Josh really is - someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended. Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right. I want to say thank you to those who took time over a decade ago to help Josh in a time of crisis. Your investment changed his life from going down the wrong path to doing what is right. If it weren't for your help I would not be here as his wife celebrating 6 1/2 years of marriage to a man who knows how to be a gentleman and treat a girl right. Thank you to all of you who tirelessly work with children in crisis, you are changing lives and I am forever grateful for all of you."

from the facebook statement

I can believe she knew before marrying, but did Josh really tell her and her parents on their very first visit? How do you work that into polite conversation over coffee and cake?
    I guess, if you're willing to marry a molester, lying about it, it's not a big deal.
    I like to think she married Josh to get on TV, and now it's been cancelled because of him. Have fun popping babies out for the next 15 years.
    Kittylady likes this.

interesting titbits from the freeJinger site:

"Jinger's speech at Jessa's wedding rehearsal dinner is starting to eerily make sense. About not being worthy of love and being full of sin since childhood and Jessa being the only one she could talk to about it."

"As I recall this, "sin in the camp" was a Jim Bob response to the question of how he came to lose an election to a (second?) term as a state rep in Arkansas. With a significant look given to a shaven headed and hang dog Josh, as the story went."

" Re: Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

Author: Patka26 Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 pm
    I don't post much, but did anybody else notice the awkward bit between Jessa and Josh during the interview episode on Tuesday? They were discussing whether Josh and Anna were going to stick with the naming theme and Josh said something about how they were going to keep the M-theme this time, but they had to keep things interesting or something and they could switch at any time. Jessa said something about how she was going to find out their plans, and Josh said "I don't think you could keep a secret!" Jessa just narrowed her eyes and smiled. It was weird enough that I noticed it Tuesday night, and now with what we know it just seems really creepy.

It also explains why in the earlier episodes where the family was road-tripping Josh and (I think) John David had to sleep in one of the trailers while the rest of the family got to sleep on the bus. And wasn't he sleeping in the separate space in the boys' room that is now the editing room or something? He shouldn't have gotten away with what he did."

"I'm reading on the inquisiter that one victim has come forth and requested that records be destroyed because she is STILL a MINOR. That means, whoever it is, she was born 1997 or later. If Josh was abusing around 2005, he was abusing a pre-pubescent individual. Joy maybe? That's pedophilia. http://www.inquisitr.com/2109678/josh-d ... ual-abuse/"

"I'm so sad about this quote from an episode now. The deeper meaning...."

"I remember reading on TWOP that people were thinking the sin in the camp was Josh inappropriately touching one of the Holt kids. The timeline fits with when they stopped spending time together"

"I think the part of the All About Jill episode where Josh was speaking was very telling. He talked about her being a tattletale and actually seemed very resentful of that. Weird as it sounds, I think that's what saved her. He preyed upon all the girls who were not infants at the time, but knew the only way he could possibly continue without getting into trouble was to keep them quiet. If Jill was known as the one who would tell on kids who misbehaved, he couldn't rely on keeping her silent.

There's no proof to back this up at all, but I do wonder if the girl he molested whilst she sat on his lap reading with him was Joy (she's the only one really young enough to have been sitting in someone's lap at the time) and she ran to tell Jill, since she was her buddy. She would've then "told on" him, and thus contributed to that "tattletale" thing even more."

source: Free Jinger • Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2 • • Quiver Full of Duggars
    ChloroformCasey likes this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I never watched one episode of this show. I always got creepy vibes from them just watching the commercials. I'm glad the show is finally done.
    I read somewhere online today that TLC is trying to figure out if they can salvage the show. They've taken it off the air, for now, but it doesn't mean it will be off permanently.
    Janus likes this.

I think it's naive to assume that Josh stopped. He did this in repeated incidents over time, and it sounds like he was progressing (going from fondling "breasts and genitals" while his sisters were asleep to when they were awake). He didn't confess, one of his sisters went "upset and sobbing" to Jim Bob to tell him what was going on (definitely NOT "exploration" with the girls' consent). It took months after that for Josh to admit to it, and only then did Jim Bob and Michelle act, so presumably they did not believe the girl who told them.

Josh got zero treatment, just "counseling" that taught him it was his victims' fault and that all he had to do was confess to God and the slate was wiped clean. Furthermore, he was taught that if his victims remained in any way upset about his behavior that they were going against God. Then he was promptly allowed back in the house and in close proximity as well a position of authority (as eldest and favorite son) over his victims.

Why would Josh stop? He basically got the okay to continue from his parents. He saw how Jim Bob repeatedly pulled strings with the Arkansas authorities to keep Josh out of punishment. Josh knew there were no consequences from his "church" and would be no consequences from the law. His victims weren't helped, they were scolded and blamed and he was given immediate access to them again. He saw his family sweep it under the rug and ignore it.

My heart breaks for the girl who told on Josh to Jim Bob. From the description in the police report, it sounds like she was horribly traumatized. Simply going to her dad took a huge amount of courage, because in the quiverfull cult women and girls aren't supposed to be upset, and they're definitely NOT supposed to turn in any male above them in rank, no matter the wrongdoing. I think the girl was desperate and hoped her dad would help her, so imagine what she felt when her parents at first didn't believe her, then did everything they could to shield Josh from punishment. Then came the Gothard program, which blames the victims and guiits them into forgiving their abuser. Why in the world would that girl, or any of the girls, dare to turn Josh in again if he continued the abuse? Not to mention the added pressure of the reality show and the parents' pressure that the family had to appear perfect.

The only thing is appears Jim Bob did for the girls is take Joy down to the police station and make her sign the request to destroy the police records. That's what the Duggars did for their daughters. You can bet that instead of support, the only thing those girls got was incredible pressure to pretend that it didn't happen.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    Sorry about my outburst yesterday. I don't know why this got to me so much. Maybe my irrational hatred of this family and families like them got to me. At any rate, I apologize for going off.
    Shit, the world is lucky I don't have a gun when I witness any vague instance of bullying or abuse. I couldn't do the work you did, bless you. There would be bodies littering the landscape. In other words, your outburst was completely understandable, to me at least.

If it weren't for your help I would not be here as his wife celebrating 6 1/2 years of marriage to a man who knows how to be a gentleman and treat a girl right.
    You're not a GIRL, Anna, you are a grown damn woman! Thinking like a child isn't something to be admired in a person, no matter what your religion tells you.
    Kittylady and garysgirl1999 like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

FreeJinger pointed out that two of the sisters who Josh must have molested were also (at some points) sent to live with Josh and Anna to help them out with their kids.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I'm somewhat surprised that Josh did this, but even more surprised that the family admitted it. Given the horrible, sex-negative, shame-filled, victim-blaming culture of the quiverfull movement and the fact that the leader of the movement is a sexual predator, I shouldn't be surprised at all. These stupid internet rumors were actually true! Holy shit, we all knew the truth without knowing it, and nothing was done for 8 years. I hope the girls are doing okay. I hope that this might lead to some actual counseling and therapy for everyone involved. I hope that this will cause those in the movement to look at their culture and realize how it serves to shelter and foster sexual repression and abuse. I do not expect any of those things to happen.
    Janus likes this.

back when JimBub ran for office

Capital crimes....but not if it's his son. Such unrelenting hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I can believe she knew before marrying, but did Josh really tell her and her parents on their very first visit? How do you work that into polite conversation over coffee and cake? .
    from the Josh and Anna's Story section of their site:

Anna: I was surprised a few weeks later when my Dad announced to our family that we would be traveling to Arkansas to spend a few days with the Duggars! The first night at the Duggar’s home during Bible time, Joshua shared his testimony. I was encouraged to see that there really was a young man out there who was accountable to his parents and was striving to keep his heart pure.

Site's down LOL but someone archived it here https://archive.is/GkWhF

It sounds like he just casually brought it up in front of the group.
    idunno likes this.

Elite Member

Such a profound post twitchy.
    SHELLEE likes this.

from the Josh and Anna's Story section of their site:

Anna: I was surprised a few weeks later when my Dad announced to our family that we would be traveling to Arkansas to spend a few days with the Duggars! The first night at the Duggar’s home during Bible time, Joshua shared his testimony. I was encouraged to see that there really was a young man out there who was accountable to his parents and was striving to keep his heart pure.

Site's down LOL but someone archived it here https://archive.is/GkWhF

It sounds like he just casually brought it up in front of the group.

Creepy factor number 9! I wonder what that was like.

Hey lets get together for a Bible study. Yay!
    *Josh* I diddle my little sisters
    *Anna* Wow, I heart you! You are so brave and honest. Let's get married!

idunno, olivia, Trixie and 4 others like this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Thread Information