Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lurkur
  • 1 Post By Yellowjacket

Thread: Chris Brown took all Madonna's best songs!

Default Chris Brown took all Madonna's best songs!

The blame game! Madonna's producer claims her new album bombed because of Chris Brown

By Ann Pride

PUBLISHED: 21:03, 26 May 2012 | UPDATED: 21:29, 26 May 2012

Madonna’s producer thinks he knows why the pop icon's latest album MDNA failed miserably.

Legendary producer William Orbit took to Facebook earlier this month to explain his views on it being a record-setting failure.

Orbit, who has previously teamed up with Madonna to great success, claims the best songs for MDNA went to Chris Brown.

Excuses: Madonna's producer gave a series of reasons as to why their latest effort failed to fly off store shelves

During a recent debate with fans on his Facebook page, Orbit gave two reasons for album’s lack of sales success.

He told the pop icon's admirers that the best songs written for the 53-year-old singer went to troubled star Chris Brown.

He also admitted that they were strapped for time because of Madonna's business commitments.

Backtracking: After blaming Chris Brown and a time crunch William Orbit took to Twitter to apologise for his comments
    Orbit, 55, who produced the singer's 1998 smash hit Ray of Light, said: 'We were very pushed for time due to… various pressing commitment that took up the artist’s limited time such as perfume ranges and teen fashion contests and other such endeavors.'

He added: 'We had songs lined up that were breathtaking, you’ll hear some of them on Chris Brown’s new album, Kreayshawn’s (INCREDIBLE) new album and my own, recently completed Strange Cargo album.

Dragged into the debate: Chris Brown on stage last week at the Billboard Music Awards

'Most of them, I believe, destined to become classics (let me know in a couple of months whether you concur with that).

'All of us fully committed to putting ourselves through extraordinary efforts to make MDNA the greatest album of the year, but alas the time wasn’t there.'

Days later he backed away from his controversial comments tweeting: 'The MDNA comments. I should not have said them publicly. I see that and I regret that I said online. Not fair to M.'

MDNA debuted at the top of the U.S. album charts in April, selling 359,000 copies in its first week of release.

But experts say the CD's first-week sales were inflated by copies that were bundled with the purchase of some concert tickets for Madonna's upcoming tour.
    According to Forbes Magazine, sales of the album dropped 86 percent to around 48,000 in its second week in stores.

Record setting misfire: MDNA suffered the biggest second week sales drop for a number one album in US chart history

The massive decrease set a record for biggest sales drop for a number one album since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991.
    Chris Brown's new CD Fortune is scheduled to be released on 3 July in the US.
    Orbit worked on the remix for the new single Don’t Wake Me Up but he is apparently unhappy with the way he was credited on the track.
    Today he tweeted: 'Chris Brown 'Don't Wake Me Up' (says 'WO remix', tho actually am co-writer + co-producer with Free School').'

Read more: Madonna's producer claims her new album bombed because of Chris Brown | Mail Online

Elite Member

Does this mean that Madge doesn't write her own songs??? SHOCK! Surely, with her long history of mediocre fair, including her typical lyrics that shout orders to the world, she managed to contribute something.

So I take it that Madge kills catchy tunes, written by others, with her usual despotic tone? Gosh, what an artist!
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Pathetic puppets, all of them.
    nancydrew likes this.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Gold Member

Bye bye Miss American Pie.
    BITTER likes this.

I thought she wrote her own songs. Thats a shock. And Chris Brown benefitted from those songs that she didnt get???WOW!!
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    I thought she wrote her own songs. Thats a shock. And Chris Brown benefitted from those songs that she didnt get???WOW!!
    I think in the past she has written a couple of them. But like this guy said, her business commitments and such...

...and there is no guarantee that Madonna would have had hits with the songs allegedly given to other artists...she's just OVER. You are richer than dirt, gurl. Rent a yacht and travel for a year.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

How about Malawi? Take the kids and the boyfriend with you and forget the personal trainer and the mobile gym.

LOL at that first picture. She needs arm warmers and gloves to hide her veins. why not just stop fighting and accept that you're aging?

Um. Is that a cameltoe or her pussy showing in the top picture?

why did you have to bring that to my attention?
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

She's wearing shorts, not a skirt, so I'd say cameltoe.

I find her ass far more horrifying in that picture. I have no name for that phenomenon, either--exposed muffin-butt?
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Nothing hotter than a 54 year old womans ass hanging out of her too tight shorts... UGHH!!......glad she covered up her miserable arms with something.....love the veins in her forehead though....nothing screams brow lift like those veins...haha....
    Jack I swear.

Bronze Member

That yacht idea sounds real good to me! Love Madonna, always will, but My Gawd Woman go spend some of that cash and some time with your family. That LEO controlfreak/workaholic thang is out of control!!! Her hair is kinda fun in a Tricia Nixon way in that first camel toe photo!!

OT- Did Nicole Kidman's face look better at Cannes or am I seeing things?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Orbit, who has previously teamed up with Madonna to great success, claims the best songs for MDNA went to Chris Brown
    But why is a 50+ yr old woman competing in the same market as a 20-something woman beater? Maybe if she stopped alienating her (core?) fans & stopped trying to pander to their children she might find that her record sales picked up again?

Thread Information