Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Charlize Theron: “I hate actors who quote Nietzsche, I don’t like pretentious shit”

Default Charlize Theron: “I hate actors who quote Nietzsche, I don’t like pretentious shit”

Charlize Theron is the cover girl for the June issue of InStyle Magazine (US). She’s also on the cover of the Australian magazine Madison – I’m including the cover image at the end of the post. I really like Charlize’s InStyle cover shoot, for what it’s worth. Charlize has been churning out some really great photo shoots lately, but usually InStyle’s pictorials aren’t this… fierce…? Is that the right word? In any case, Charlize looks gorgeous. As you know, she’s promoting Snow White and the Huntsman AND Prometheus, both out in June. And she has no problems talking about babies and boys and she even comes close to claiming that she hasn’t had any work done – do you believe her? Hm… anyway, here are some highlights from both InStyle and Madison:
    On aging: “I don’t feel like I’m aging at all. I don’t think about that stuff. Especially not at 36. I see my face and my body changing, and they’re all changes I’m OK with. Part of me understands I may not be in front of the camera forever, and maybe not just because of age, but because of me. I wouldn’t have started my own production company if I didn’t feel that way.”
    Becoming a mom: “So far I’m not surprised by anything about being a mom,” she said. “It’s all pretty great, but that’s what I expected.”
    On her single status: “I’m always open to a relationship, but I’m not putting those feelers out there now.”
    On having adopted son Jackson: Charlize recalled a letter she’d written when she was 8-years-old. “My mother found [it]. It said, ‘Would you please take me to orphanage, so that I can go and adopt a baby?’ I always knew I would adopt – always… It was never a question that one day I would have a child.”
    On what she would do if she could switch careers at her current age: “I would be an amazing butler. I’m very good at organizing a house.”
    Being a single mother: “You know, I don’t think any mother aims to be a single mum. I didn’t wish for that, but it happened.”
    She’s not looking for a husband: “It’s never been a fantasy of mine. Marriage has never been that important to me. I don’t know why exactly. Some might say it’s because my parents didn’t have a good marriage, but I don’t think so. I treat my relationships like marriages. The ceremony isn’t that important to me,” she adds.
    She hates pretentious people: “You know what I can’t stand? I hate actors who come and quote Nietzsche. I don’t like pretentious s**t. I like being around people who like to live life and understand the value of it. I need to be around people who understand we’re not curing cancer here. I like professional actors who show up, do the job and are not a pain in the a** to either myself or the crew. I don’t believe in this idea that if you’re f****d up and Method, that’s the only way to do good work. It’s bulls**t. A professional actor does their homework beforehand and they do their job. Then when it’s all said and done, they have a beer with the crew. That’s what a professional actor does.”
    [Excerpts via the NY Post, Become Gorgeous and The Gossip Girls]

http://www.celebitchy.com/227333/cha...tentious_s--t/
    mistify likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I like being around people who like to live life and understand the value of it. I need to be around people who understand we’re not curing cancer here.
    Hallelujah, one of them gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    A professional actor does their homework beforehand and they do their job. Then when it’s all said and done, they have a beer with the crew. That’s what a professional actor does.”

But, under no circumstances, do they wear Hello Kitty.
    Bellatheball likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Seems to have her feet on the ground, unlike some divas we could name!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Not only gorgeous but smart and understands she's only an actor. I always liked her, but even more so now.
    Lenny and Merlot-N-Bali like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

It's nice and refreshing to hear an actor talk about themselves with a great self-awareness. It's clear she hasn't got a superiority complex and sees herself just part of the whole process, equal to the crew etc. I wish all actors held these beliefs, and I hope she truly sticks to what she has said here.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Has she always been so chummy and down to Earth?

^^ Yes, she has. Which is why she is my favorite.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hmmmm, I wonder if she is referring to Johnny Depp as the Friedrich Nietzsche -quoting actor...he is pretentious enough to quote someone like Nietzsche and they did make that awful film The Astronaut's Wife.

I always did kinda like her. She's got such an interesting background.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Silver Member

I agree with her. I have always had a dislike for these bullshit method actors who become the person they're playing for 6 months. To me, if they need to do that shit, they're not that great an actor. A great actor is one who can turn the character on an off when they need to and still do a great job.
    southernbelle likes this.

I agree with what she's saying. I'm never sure what to make of her though. She can seem nice but she also seems like she could be an ice cold bitch too.
    Sunrider, holly, BootsyCJr and 2 others like this.

Because of this story, I went back and read some Nietsche quotes. BOY, did that guy hate Christianity. And Especially Paul/Saul of Tarsus. Wow.....

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I agree with what she's saying. I'm never sure what to make of her though. She can seem nice but she also seems like she could be an ice cold bitch too.
    And good for her.

LOVE her, always have.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I agree with her. I have always had a dislike for these bullshit method actors who become the person they're playing for 6 months. To me, if they need to do that shit, they're not that great an actor.
    Yeah, those terrible method actors. Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman......they totally suck.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yeah, those terrible method actors. Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman......they totally suck.
    Good for you, Witchcurlgirl! It's time somebody finally said it!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information