Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: TMZ Makes Fat Jokes About Bryce Dallas Howard’s Post-Baby Body

Default TMZ Makes Fat Jokes About Bryce Dallas Howard’s Post-Baby Body

You know, I never really thought that TMZ would ever let me down because I had no actual expectations of decorum. So imagine my surprise when I saw some photos taken on Mother's Day of the actress Bryce Dallas Howard walking with her infant daughter—to whom she gave birth in January—under the category "Beauty" with the headline "It Takes a Village" insinuating that The Village star is now the size of a village.

Although there is a brief mention of her "post-pregnancy legs," the post itself is mostly smarmy and leaves the door wide open for the commenters to do all the nasty, dirty work of cruel jokes and harsh judgements. Except the TMZ staffers couldn't resist, and jumped in the comments section anyway because they the conversation just felt incomplete to them without a mention of how damp this weight gain has made her panties. Seriously.

As though a point-and-laugh image-based post like that wouldn't already invite the lowest common denominator to pick apart this poor woman. On fucking mother's day no less! One person said: "Newborns sleep all the time so stop the laziness and junk food. 4 months is plenty of time to loose the baby weight." Another: DAMN!!! Most of these actress' work to lose the load pretty fast. She seems to be playing "universe". "She's ever expanding... Sorry Bryce, but you have cowed out, BIG TIME! Those thighs could feed a village of cannibals for a few weeks!" One concerned party offered some advice: "1 word=LAXATIVES!!! STAT!!!" Sadly, all of this is merely commonplace when an unflattering picture of a woman is posted on the internet.

Some genius on TMZ's staff chimed in: "The article may say Bryce Dallas Howard on it, but all I'm seeing are photos of Hugh Jass." So mangling a prank call joke from a 20-year-old episode of The Simpsons is what passes for humor in that newsroom?

The thing about TMZ is that, at the very, very least, they posit themselves as the authority on all things celebrity, with their arrest records and dating histories ready at a moment's notice. So you'd think that perhaps they would've had in their Bryce Dallas Howard dossier that she gained about 80 lbs with her first child 5 years ago, and that this weight gain had "mortified" her. It was just one of several factors that contributed to the severe postpartum depression she suffered in the subsequent months. She wrote it about the experience very candidly for GOOP:
    Before Theo was born, I had been in good humor about my 80-pound weight gain, but I was now mortified by it. I felt I was failing at breast-feeding. My house was a mess. I believed I was a terrible dog owner. I was certain I was an awful actress; I dreaded a film I was scheduled to shoot only a few weeks after the birth because I could barely focus enough to read the script. And worst of all, I definitely felt I was a rotten mother—not a bad one, a rotten one. Because the truth was, every time I looked at my son, I wanted to disappear.
    However, there is a silver lining to their toilet bowl of crap. Horrible commentary aside, I think it's great that these pictures were posted, because they present a more realistic portrayal of post-natal recovery than the "I got my bikini body back in six weeks" narrative we've been subjected to as of late. Maybe some other women struggling with their own post-baby bodies will see these photos and feel a little less alone and a little more normal.

TMZ Makes Fat Jokes About Bryce Dallas Howard's Post-Baby Body on Freaking Mother's Day

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Fuck them. She was very heavy during her first pregnancy and took a while to lose that weight too. So what, she just had a baby and most women aren't pre-baby weight for months. I don't like picking on pregnant women or new mothers for their weight. Not cool at all.

Holy mother... she is big and it's probably more realistic than most celeb post baby bods...

But DAYUM! She didnt learn after gaining 80lbs the first time? I made that mistake when I was pregnant, only gaining 35 lbs, I thought that would come right off after the baby... but no. My kid is going to be 9 this year and i just shed the last 5 lbs.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Poor woman. Nice touch on Mother's Day. At least the baby knows who she is.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is going to be an interesting thread to read after reading the Jessica Simpson is a cow thread.
    NoNoRehab and 00Kimmi00 like this.

OH EMM GEEE will she be signing with Weight Watchers?
    greysfang and sluce like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Damn, she got big.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I know it's not realistic for a woman to instantly drop every ounce of baby weight like celebs usually do, but BDH looks like she's still pregnant somehow. Her stomach looks hard and firm like there's really another child in there, even though I know it couldn't be possible with the baby being only 4 months old.

I hate TMZ with a passion. BDH is a more realistic vision of post-baby body than the dozens of actresses who get everything fixed with plastic surgery and then lie to magazines about eating healthy and exercising to get rid of the weight. I won't fault her for taking her time getting her body back in shape, and certainly not on Mother's Day!

TMZ is the gutter of celeb gossip/news and writing. They'll go after someone mercilessly until that celeb either starts paying them to give more positive spins on things or the celeb freaks out and TMZ can make themselves part of the news story. I can't say often enough how much I despise them.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    This is going to be an interesting thread to read after reading the Jessica Simpson is a cow thread.
    fucking idiot, yes getting as big as Jessica did is why you have trouble losing weight after a baby and it's unfucking healthy for you and the baby. Also she was a hippo not a cow get your fucking shit strait. Besides it was all for the WW/and maternity line money anyway right.
    *DIVA!, msdeb, sluce and 3 others like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Pisss off, TMZ. Hope you lose all your female readership. We were all born and our mothers were huge to varying degrees, but they lost the weight early on, after a year, after several years or never ever lost it. So STFU about the people who put us on this planet in the first place.....ain’t that enough for ya?
    And after giving birth to us...........most of them got pregnant again.....but TMZ don’t see the selflessness in that. All they see is swathes of fat. How sad are they?

To moms everywhere........

Quick story: I was at a bridal shower w/a good friend of mine several yrs ago. That friend had just had a baby about 3 wks earlier and it was her first time out of the house. We were waiting in line to get food and a mutual aquaintance walked up to my friend and said 'I thought you had the baby already? Or did I hear wrong?'.......my friend, mortified says 'I had the baby 3 wks ago'. And this bitch starts to LAUGH and says 'Aren't you supposed to look like you used to right after? OH, I didn't know' and laughs and thinks shes funny. Needless to say, my friend looked GOOD, not great, but good--but it really hurt her.
    Best part? 3 years later that bitch that seemed to assume you snap right back before you leave the hospital had her own baby. And guess what----she got enormous and STILL IS. I mean HUGE. My friend and I still see her occasionally and it has taken every ounce of restraint for my friend to not go up and say the SAME THING TO HER.
    I'm thinking if I get her drunk enough...it could happen!

These vapid cunts will learn---they all do.
    Last edited by LynnieD; May 14th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I hate TMZ with a passion. BDH is a more realistic vision of post-baby body than the dozens of actresses who get everything fixed with plastic surgery and then lie to magazines about eating healthy and exercising to get rid of the weight. I won't fault her for taking her time getting her body back in shape, and certainly not on Mother's Day!

TMZ is the gutter of celeb gossip/news and writing. They'll go after someone mercilessly until that celeb either starts paying them to give more positive spins on things or the celeb freaks out and TMZ can make themselves part of the news story. I can't say often enough how much I despise them.
    ITA. I feel for her. Life with an infant is stressful enough without people shitting all over the way you look. This kind of crap is why I stopped reading TMZ. They used to have good scoops, but they got very mean-spirited.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I'm thinking if I get her drunk enough...it could happen!
    i'll buy the drinks! what a horrible bitch.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Seriously not cool, TMZ. With all the magically instant baby weight loss perpetuated by celebs these days through plastic surgery (or in some cases, secret surrogacy), I'm not surprised a more normal representation of a post postpartum figure gets slandered. Squeeze a baby out of your lady garden and you're a goddess, in my book. Fuck TMZ.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information