Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Hurley is not welcome to be a bonus mom

Default Elizabeth Hurley is not welcome to be a bonus mom

'Stop playing mum to my children': Liz Hurley given a stark warning by fiancé Shane Warne's ex-wife Simone

By Richard Shears

PUBLISHED: 07:48, 14 May 2012 | UPDATED: 09:01, 14 May 2012

Shane Warne's ex-wife Simone Callahan has issued a blunt warning to his new beau, Liz Hurley: 'Stop playing mum to my children'.
    Former model Miss Callahan admits she still finds it painful to see Miss Hurley 'playing mum' to her three children.
    In an interview with Australia's Woman's Day magazine, Miss Callahan, 42, described the 'awkward' moment when Warne and 46-year-old Miss Hurley turned up at an event at her nine-year-old daughter's school.

Civil: Liz Hurley and her fiance Shane Warne's ex-wife Simone Callahan share a joke at her children's school sports event - but she has warned the model to back off from her children

'Shane and Liz turned up - along with a swag of photographers - but we didn't speak at the assembly,' she told the magazine.
    But she said she has heard how her children speak to Miss Hurley and she has not been pleased.
    She found it disrespectful, she said, that her children were now calling Miss Hurley 'mummy'.

Stepmother-to-be: Liz was seen at the even with son Damian and hugging Shane's daughter Summer - but Simone has said she doesn't like her kids calling Liz 'Mummy'

Miss Callahan added: 'I can't control what people say, but it's just disrespectful as far as I'm concerned.
    'She is not their mum. And the kids know exactly what the situation is.'
    Warne, 42, and Miss Hurley were photographed sitting next to Miss Callahan during their son's school football match earlier this month.
    Photos showed Miss Hurley sitting between Warne and Miss Callahan, who appeared in one picture to be making an angry face at her ex-husband.

Uncomfortable: Simone said she felt very awkward when Liz and Shane showed up at the sports day

Miss Hurley appeared to be keeping a stiff upper lip, looking straight ahead as the couple appeared to be having an angry word.
    One onlooker was quoted as saying that 'it was a little bit awkward at first but it looked like they had a lot to catch up on.'
    Supporting what Miss Callahan now has had to say about Miss Hurley in Woman's Day magazine the onlooker said that 'Simone enjoyed having Shane to herself when Liz popped away for a minute.'
    The magazine says today that it had taken 18 months for Miss Callahan and Miss Hurley to meet, but Simone still finds it hurtful to have Miss Hurley playing mum to her three children.

Small talk: But despite the civilized-looking conversation, Simone didn't stick around for long and said she didn't talk to Liz or Shane at the assembly before the game

When it was first arranged that Miss Hurley should meet Miss Callahan, the British model was indisposed at the Melbourne home she now shares with Warne.
    Meanwhile Miss Callahan was started a new life with Melbourne part-time model and sales manager Toby Roberts, who is in his 30s.
    The magazine features exclusive photos of Miss Callahan reclining beside a palm-fringed pool at a exotic resort and playing with dolphins.

Happier times: Simone and Shane in 2007 - the couple were married in 1995 and have three children, Brooke, 13, Jackson, 11, and Summer, nine

Read more: Liz Hurley given a stark warning by fiancé Shane Warne's ex-wife Simone | Mail Online

I like ol' Liz, but I can't blame this lady for being torqued out about her kids calling someone else mom. I wouldn't like that, either. But I'd probably take it up with my ex-hubs and tell him to nip that shit.

Get over it... all divorced couples have to figure out some sort of co-parenting arrangement when often one, if not both parties, move on to others
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Shane and Liz turned up - along with a swag of photographers ...

I don't blame her. I don't think it's right they call Liz 'mummy'. But hey at least they get on with her.

Are they papped every second of their lives while they are visiting Dad and Mummy? Then she's doing good.

No child can have too many people love them.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I have a four-year-old stepdaughter and know who her real mom is, and she would not be allowed to call me Mom. I personally would not let her, out of respect for her mother. This story may be a massive pile of BS, of course, but if it's true, Liz as a mom herself should know better than to let that shit go on. It's sort of a no-brainer.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

A*O

Simone is still dining out on her status as the ex Mrs Warne. Would she prefer Liz to play a wicked stepmother? I'm sure she'd be good at it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I don't think it's that so much as Liz calling all the paps and the posturing. Who would like that for their children and for the school and the other parents? One LeMann is enough.

^^ Exactly what I was thinking. It's like she saw that Leann gets attention for papping out the stepkids so she wants to give it a try. Where is her kid in these pictures?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Her son is in the second pic at the top. I'm sure I wouldn't love my daughter calling someone else mom either but if my SO kids' called me that I wouldn't berate them for it either. I just don't encourage it.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Well, let's hope Liz is going to give her 'How I made it in Hollywood' speech to make it up to the school.

eh, for sure liz and warne are huge attention whores but the ex-wife sounds like one as well.
    at this point when your marriage is over and your ex is going to marry someone else, you should get over it and just be happy your kids like the new step-parent and aren't being subjected to an evil step-mom or dad like so many poor kids are.
    it also doesn't say that liz is the one forcing the kids to call her mom which would be a different matter altogether.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Simone (and her kids) get PLENTY of media/pap attention, usually with headlines like "Brave Simone: Life Without Shane. I Will Survive". She's a total media whore. Yes he was/is a cheating dog but she left that marriage with millions and there's never been any doubt that he loves his kids and spends a lot of time with them. Simone/Shane/Liz have 2 brain cells between them.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information