Thread: Lane Garrison Arrested & charged with Domestic Violence

Default Lane Garrison Arrested & charged with Domestic Violence

Celebrity Justice
    4/22/2012 3:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison
    Arrested on Suspicion
    of Domestic Violence
    Exclusive

Cops went back to the Beverly Hills apartment of Lane Garrison this afternoon -- and this time the former "Prison Break" star was there ... so they arrested him on suspicion of domestic violence.

As TMZ first reported, cops responded to a domestic violence call at Garrison's apartment yesterday ... but he was gone by the time they arrived. According to our sources, the alleged victim was Garrison's ex-girlfriend, Ashley Mattingly.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the alleged victim called cops today when Garrison returned to the apartment. We're told cops arrived and arrested Garrison without incident.

He's currently being held on $50,000 bail.
    Celebrity Justice
    4/23/2012 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison
    Domestic Violence Captured
    On Security Camera [VIDEO]
    Exclusive

Surveillance video shows Lane Garrison slapping Ashley Mattingly square in the face after he waited for her outside her apartment -- a much different story from the one Lane told his attorney after his arrest for domestic violence.

TMZ obtained a copy of the building security camera recordings from Saturday ... and the full video (below) shows the "Prison Break" star sitting outside his ex-gf Ashley's Beverly Hills apartment building until she arrives home. When Ashley drives into the building's garage ... Lane is seen stumbling as he runs after her.

Lane and Ashley are then seen walking into the building together, but clearly arguing as they get into an elevator. Ashley seems to be asking Lane to leave ... but when he refuses, she gets off the elevator -- and then things get physical.

Just outside the elevator -- in the apartment lobby -- Lane is seen grabbing Ashley's arm with his left hand ... and then slapping her face with his right. After a few more seconds of struggling ... Lane runs out of the building.

In the final clip ... Lane is seen chucking what we believe is Ashley's mobile phone into the street, and then stumbling up the front stairs and leaving.

Yesterday, Garrison's attorney Harland Braun said Garrison told him he was in the building to dog sit for a friend, and just happened to run into Ashley in the lobby. Braun says Garrison admitted there was an argument, but claimed he did not harm Ashley.

Garrison was arrested for felony domestic violence -- and has yet to post his $50,000 bail. He is also on a parole hold because of his manslaughter conviction.

Celebrity Justice
    5/2/2012 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison
    Ordered to Stay Away from GF
    ... While Stuck in Jail
    Exclusive

Lane Garrison
    has just been ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend -- whom he allegedly hit in the face last month during a nuclear argument -- but that shouldn't be a problem ... because he's still stuck in jail.

Lane just appeared in court -- where he was expected to enter a "not guilty" plea to misdemeanor domestic violence -- but the judge postponed the arraignment due to some lingering questions regarding his parole status.

Lane is currently on parole stemming from his 2007 vehicular manslaughter conviction -- and has remained in custody on a parole hold since his April 22nd arrest for allegedly hitting Ashley Mattingly.

Lane's parole was supposed to end last Saturday, but the arrest threw a monkey wrench in the works -- and now, parole board officials are holding him in custody 'til they figure out their next move.

The judge conditionally set bail at $50,000 today -- but Lane can ONLY bail out if the parole hold is lifted first.

Translation: Lane ain't going anywhere ... at least for now. His arraignment has been rescheduled for Friday.

Celebrity Justice
    4/27/2012 6:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison
    I'll Fight Domestic Violence
    Charge Because I Didn't Hit Her
    Exclusive
    Lane Garrison -- the guy who never fought the manslaughter charge against him in 2007 -- will fight tooth and nail in the domestic violence case that was just filed against him -- because he says he never struck his ex GF.

We've learned Garrison -- who was charged yesterday with misdemeanor domestic violence -- will plead not guilty this AM.

Garrison is accused of striking Ashley Mattingly at her Bev Hills apartment last week. The D.A. believes the surveillance video shows the "Prison Break" actor striking Ashley in the face, but Garrison's lawyer, Harland Braun, says Garrison was merely trying to grab his cell phone which Ashley snatched from him.

And there's this twist -- the judge who will arraign Lane today -- Elden Fox -- is the same judge who handled his manslaughter case. Garrison pled guilty in the death of a high school student who was a passenger in Lane's car and killed when the intoxicated actor slammed into a tree.

8:45 AM PT -- Lane will not enter his plea today. His arraignment has been continued to Monday.

Celebrity Justice
    4/27/2012 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison
    Cheating May Have Triggered
    Domestic Violence
    Exclusive

Lane Garrison's girlfriend told him she had been cheating on him during their 8-month relationship, and that may have triggered what appears to be a brutal confrontation later that day.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... according to the police report, the night before the incident, Lane got drunk at the Playboy Mansion, and got thrown out. Lane's girlfriend, Ashley Mattingly, was also at the party and apparently the incident was the final straw for her.

The next day -- last Saturday -- Mattingly texted Garrison that she was breaking up with him and confessed she had been "seeing someone else" while dating him.

According to the police report, later that day, Garrison went to Mattingly's Bev Hills apartment, waited for her and when she arrived he said, "Baby I love you. Come here." They began to argue and according to what Mattingly told cops, Lane grabbed her by her hair from behind, threw her to the ground and began punching and kicking her in the face and head.

The surveillance video (below) -- obtained by TMZ -- only shows one physical incident -- where Lane appears to slap Ashley. But Ashley's account is backed up by 3 witnesses who spoke with cops. According to the police report, one witness said he saw Lane punch Ashley in the face and head. The second witness told cops a similar story.

A third witness -- Stephanie -- told cops she saw Lane bang Mattingly's head on the mirror and then punch her 4 times with closed fists. Stephanie says Lane was screaming, "F**k you bitch. You cheated on me."

Ashley says the day after the incident Lane called her and said he was going to kill himself.

Lane also spoke with cops and claimed he never struck Ashely during their relationship.

We know Lane says he wants to fight it, but when he sees the police report we're guessing he's going to cop a plea. His bigger problem is that he faces a parole revocation for a 2007 manslaughter conviction.

Celebrity Justice
    4/26/2012 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison
    Charged with Domestic Violence

Exclusive

Lane Garrison has been charged with misdemeanor domestic violence ... TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County District Attorney filed the charges, based on surveillance video which appears to show Lane slapping former girlfriend Ashley Mattingly in the face last Saturday at her Beverly Hills apartment.

Lane's lawyer tells TMZ he was merely reaching for his phone and it was not a slap, but apparently the D.A. begs to differ.

Garrison is being held without bail because he's on a parole hold. You'll recall Garrison was convicted of vehicular manslaughter back in 2007 and went to prison.

If convicted of domestic violence, he faces a year in jail, and he could do even more time if his parole is violated.

5/4/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison's Ex
    He Needs Rehab

Exclusive

Lane Garrison
    's ex-GF Ashley Mattingly -- whom he allegedly hit in the face during a nuclear argument last month -- tells TMZ, the former "Prison Break" actor has a serious problem ... and he needs treatment, stat.

Ashley was out in L.A. Wednesday, and we asked what advice she had for her ex -- who's still sitting in jail following the April 22nd domestic violence arrest -- and she responded, "Rehab."

It's unclear if Ashley believes Lane needs rehab for substance abuse or anger problems ... or both.

As for Lane's accusations Ashley had sent him incriminating text messages -- Ashley says Lane's full of crap ... no such texts exist.

Lane's expected to plead "not guilty" to the misdemeanor domestic violence charge later today.

TMZ.com

Guess he didn't learn from his first brush with the law. shame.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Jumped up overly arrogant douche.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Loser. I daresay drugs figure in there somehow.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Jerk. Douche.
    I agree with louiswinthorpe111 - clearly shows he didn't learn anything from his jail time/the fatal accident he caused by driving drunk/high.

Lane just appeared in court -- where he was expected to enter a "not guilty" plea to misdemeanor domestic violence -- but the judge postponed the arraignment due to some lingering questions regarding his parole status.

Lane also spoke with cops and claimed he never struck Ashely during their relationship.

A third witness -- Stephanie -- told cops she saw Lane bang Mattingly's head on the mirror and then punch her 4 times with closed fists. Stephanie says Lane was screaming, "F**k you bitch. You cheated on me."

Ashley says the day after the incident Lane called her and said he was going to kill himself.
    The man has issues. Clearly.
    It's going to be a little tough proving that "not guilty" stance, seeing as though there is video footage of them fighting/him hitting her and 3rd party witnesses.

Yesterday, Garrison's attorney Harland Braun said Garrison told him he was in the building to dog sit for a friend, and just happened to run into Ashley in the lobby.
    That lawyer is an idiot for releasing that statement.
    It would have been smart to just say: "No comment"
    Even if his job is to defend Lane, a statement like that without seeing/knowing the details (not just from your douche of a client with a documented history of denying involvement in any wrong doing) is just stupid and bad practice.
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; May 5th, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Well at least this time he's not hanging out with children. Jackass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

*8*
    Silver Member

I'm glad his lawyer is an idiot.

Thread Information