Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quazar

Thread: 'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison and wife have split up after 18 years

Default 'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison and wife have split up after 18 years

Chris Harrison Splits From Wife Gwen After 18 Years
    CELEBRITY NEWS
    MAY 3, 2012 AT 6:15PM
    BY ZACH JOHNSON

Chris Harrison and Gwen Jones attend a pre-Emmy party on September 16, 2011 in West Hollywood, California.
    Credit: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic

Chris Harrison is now a Bachelor himself.

The ABC host, 40, and his wife of 18 years, Gwen, are separating, Us Weekly can confirm. The couple -- who met as students at Oklahoma City University -- have two children: son Joshua, 9, and daughter Taylor, 7.

"Though we have made this incredibly difficult decision to separate, our love and mutual respect remain, and we look forward to sharing in the lives of our wonderful children," they tell Us in a joint statement.

A rep adds: "They happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and mutual admiration for each other."

In February 2010, Bachelor contestant Rozlyn Papa accused Harrison of making a pass at a producer's wife while taping the show in New Zealand. "I won't even dignify that with a response," Harrison said during The Bachelor: The Women Tell All special.

Harrison -- who previously hosted HGTV's Designers' Challenge -- has been with The Bachelor since its premiere in 2001. After 16 seasons of The Bachelor and seven seasons of The Bachelorette, only four couples are still together: Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter, Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney, Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum, and Ben Flajnik and Courtney Robertson.

The eighth season of The Bachelorette, starring Brad Womack's ex-fiancee Emily Maynard, premieres May 14 on ABC.

Read more: Chris Harrison Splits From Wife Gwen After 18 Years - UsMagazine.com

Well maybe now he can go on The Bachelor.
    deenz likes this.

That's sad.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Fucking the cast off's maybe?

That is sad. 18 yrs is a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Fucking the cast off's maybe?

That is sad. 18 yrs is a long time.

I had this thought, too. They have been together a long time, it is sad. I hope they can do as they say, and share in the raising of their kids.

*8*
    Silver Member

On the one hand, it's not surprising, especially in hollywood, 18 years is a LONG time.
    On the other hand, it's sad that they made it that long and are throwing in the towel.
    I hope they continue to put the kids first, try and keep it decent to try and help their young children adjust through this difficult time.

Bronze Member

Bachelorette Emily Maynard had four sexy suitors left vying for her attention on the show, but the new issue of Star magazine is revealing that the real object of her affection is host Chris Harrison.

Insiders involved with the hit ABC reality show have long been whispering about how close the pair have become, and in fact, Star has learned that the duo are actually madly in love, and that it's gone on for a lot longer than most people realize!

Quote Originally Posted by sudilly View Post
    Bachelorette Emily Maynard had four sexy suitors left vying for her attention on the show, but the new issue of Star magazine is revealing that the real object of her affection is host Chris Harrison.

Insiders involved with the hit ABC reality show have long been whispering about how close the pair have become, and in fact, Star has learned that the duo are actually madly in love, and that it's gone on for a lot longer than most people realize!
    I really hate this chick.

I'd believe that, although my BF and I thought that Chris would just take advantage of the leftovers from The Bachelor, not go so far as to hook up with The Bachelorette!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Thread Information