Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ryan O'Neal diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer

Default Ryan O'Neal diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer

Ryan O'Neal Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer

By Champ Clark

Friday April 13, 2012 08:30 PM EDT

Ryan O'Neal
    David Livingston/Getty

Ryan O'Neal, who successfully battled leukemia, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

"Recently I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer," O'Neal says in a statement released by his rep exclusively to PEOPLE.

"Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery," the statement adds. "I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."

The Love Story actor, 70, was treated in the late 1990s for myelogenous leukemia, which causes the bone marrow to produce too many white blood cells.

The latest diagnosis comes about three years after he lost his longtime love Farrah Fawcett, who died at age 62 of anal cancer. Ryan has a memoir about his life with Fawcett called Both of Us coming out May 1.
    Ryan O'Neal Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer - Health, Ryan O'Neal : People.com

I have nothing nice to say. Only other thing I have to say is since when is stage four considered an early detection?
    shedevilang, Seapharris7 and deenz like this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Stage 4 is catching it early??
    Bellatheball likes this.

czb

interesting. if he ends up with surgical treatment, he won't be able to get it up without an appliance. usually i would feel sorry for a guy in those circumstances but not this guy.
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I noticed that part, too. Maybe they didn't explain to him exactly what stage 4 means, because I understand it to mean that the cancer has spread significantly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Something's hinky.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

How the fuck is stage four catching it early?

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Bones' daddy.
    BITTER likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I would say it couldn't happen to a nicer guy but that would just be wrong
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Strangely enough, I think I put him in the death pool. Either him or redmond.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    How the fuck is stage four catching it early?

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Bones' daddy.
    It took you saying that for me to realize that is who he is... uhhhhh, I'm a tard and I honestly don't like that character played by him anyway, now I know why?

Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Silver Member

Since when did Ryan O'Neal become known as Bones' dad. It's like calling Richard Harris Dumbledore.

Sad news.

Maybe he is an idiot and thinks it is 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjacket View Post
    Since when did Ryan O'Neal become known as Bones' dad. It's like calling Richard Harris Dumbledore.

Sad news.
    Since he was on Bones & Viewers who saw him in that haven't seen him in anything else, ditto Richard Harris.

I guess it depends where it's spread to the class it as stage IV, could just be other lymph nodes (apparently).

Cancer is horrible & this guy beat leukaemia so I guess that he's less daunted by this. However prostate cancer is fairly easy to treat (& prevent in the first place!). He should have had signs, guess he ignored them.

Both my dad & a close family friend are having treatment for this at the moment (not stage IV), so I can't say anything nasty about this guy. To sit in front if a doctor & be told you have cancer, your heart falls out of your arse. No matter how horrible you are/are perceived to be; it's nothing that any one wants to ever hear & I just can't kick a guy when he's down.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Cancer is horrible & this guy beat leukaemia so I guess that he's less daunted by this. However prostate cancer is fairly easy to treat (& prevent in the first place!). He should have had signs, guess he ignored them.

Both my dad & a close family friend are having treatment for this at the moment (not stage IV), so I can't say anything nasty about this guy. To sit in front if a doctor & be told you have cancer, your heart falls out of your arse. No matter how horrible you are/are perceived to be; it's nothing that any one wants to ever hear & I just can't kick a guy when he's down.
    Exactly! My mom died from cancer over a month and a half ago and watching her die a slow death was fucking agonizing! I would never wish that on anyone; not even my own worst enemy.
    Rock the fuck on!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Exactly! My mom died from cancer over a month and a half ago and watching her die a slow death was fucking agonizing! I would never wish that on anyone; not even my own worst enemy.
    I'm so sorry to hear that, hugs to you
    heart_leigh likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information