• 4 Post By Novice
  • 1 Post By msdeb
  • 1 Post By czb

Thread: Sheryl Crow to receive 2012 Courage Award

Default Sheryl Crow to receive 2012 Courage Award

Cancer survivor Crow honoured with Courage award

world entertainment news – 30 minutes ago

• Cancer survivor Crow honoured with Courage award

Sheryl Crow is to be honoured with the 2012 Courage Award after winning her battle against breast cancer.
    The brave singer successfully battled the disease in 2006 and will document her struggle when she is presented with the award at the Unforgettable Evening gala in Los Angeles on 18 April.
    The glitzy event will mark the 15th anniversary of the Women's Cancer Research Fund, and will be attended by the charity's founders Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw.
    The A-list celebrities will also be treated to a performance by pop star Rihanna.

Cancer survivor Crow honoured with Courage award - Yahoo! omg! UK

In that case there are a few posters here that I'd like to nominate for this award too!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    The A-list celebrities will also be treated to a performance by pop star Rihanna.
    Hasn't she suffered enough already?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    In that case there are a few posters here that I'd like to nominate for this award too!

Hasn't she suffered enough already?
    I would agree, she's suffered enough.

so she beat breast cancer in 2006 and just now gets this award?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

They're digging hard for someone to honor that people will go see for a free party.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    They're digging hard for someone to honor that people will go see for a free party.
    Looks like they already did that....
    Saks Presents Women's Cancer Benefit 'An Unforgettable Evening' With Special Guests Sheryl Crowe, Rihanna

The annual event, slated for April 18 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, is hosted once again by Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks, Kate Capshaw and Steven Spielberg.

6:54 PM PDT 4/4/2012 by Merle Ginsberg

Getty Images

For many years, the high powered quartet of Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks, Kate Capshaw and Steven Spielberg have served as hosts of an event called "An Unforgettable Evening," which is a benefit for the Entertainment Industry Foundation's (EIF) Cancer Research Fund. This year, Saks Fifth Avenue is once again presenting the event, scheduled for April 18 at the Beverly Hilton.
    our editor recommends

Barry Levinson and Sheryl Crow's 'Diner' Musical Sets Out-of-Town Tryout and Broadway Dates

Jenna Fischer, Rita Wilson Join Indie Drama 'Kiss Me' (Exclusive)

The event committee is made up of Anne Douglas, Quinn Ezralow, Marion Laurie, Kelly Meyer and Jamie Tisch, and it's always a major event. In the past, Gwyneth Paltrow, Renee Zellwegger, Glenn Close, Hilary Swank, Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman have all been national ambassadors for fund raising awareness for women's cancer research. In fact, Paltrow, Kidman and Swank have all won the Courage Award, which is given out at the event. Other past honorees have included Catherine Zeta-Jones, Stella McCartney, Melissa Etheridge and Lance Armstrong. This year, Sheryl Crow will receive the honor for surviving her own personal struggle with cancer, along with the efforts she's made in educating women about cancer and the research being done in the field.
    The Nat King Cole Award will go to magazine editor Cindi Leive, and past recipients of that have been Annette Bening, Christina Applegate, Courteney Cox (WHY?), and the late Harper's Bazaar editor Liz Tilberis.
    Rihanna will perform this year (maybe Crow will sing a tune or two with her?), and while Unforgettable Evening is all about giving serious help and funds to eradicating women's cancers, it's also a glamourous event with great gowns and cocktail dresses -- many of them bought at Saks! Since ladies like Maria and Colleen Bell, Goldie Hawn, Lisa Kudrow, Marilyn Katzenberg, Jennifer Meyer and Laurie MacDonald are on the Honorary Committee, we know there will be a healthy and very chic turnout. It's one of the highlights of L.A.'s spring social season -- a great cause, amazing hosts, a fun performance and good clothes watching.
    Saks Presents Women's Cancer Benefit 'An Unforgettable Evening' With Special Guests Sheryl Crowe, Rihanna - Hollywood Reporter
    The pink is mine.... Why have some of these women won the "courage" award again?

ETA - this is just a bag of shit. Check this out...
    Both Cox and Paltrow were recognized for their dedication to cancer causes. Presented to her by a dear friend who has battled ovarian cancer, Cox received the Nat King Cole Award in recognition for her dedication to helping people, especially those near to her who have battled cancer.
    Paltrow was honored with the 2009 Courage Award for her unwavering commitment to cancer prevention.
    Really? Paltrow is better known for promoting unobtainable products than cancer imo.

i'd be more impressed if they honored non celeb women. You know, like moms and dads, etc. not this twit.
    Honey likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I would agree, she's suffered enough.
    Ditto... lolol!!!

czb

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i'd be more impressed if they honored non celeb women. You know, like moms and dads, etc. not this twit.
    i'd be more impressed if they honored the people who do cancer research or do actual community support . . . .
    Honey likes this.

Thread Information