Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dennis Rodman 'broke,' 'extremely sick,' his attorney says

fgg

Default Dennis Rodman 'broke,' 'extremely sick,' his attorney says

Dennis Rodman 'broke,' 'extremely sick,' his attorney says

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman is "extremely sick," "broke" and is in no position to pay hefty child and spousal support payments, according to court documents.

Rodman is behind in his payments and faces a court hearing Tuesday in Orange. He faces up to 20 days in jail for failure to pay spousal and child support, according to an attorney for his ex-wife.

As of March 1, Rodman, 51, owed $808,935 in back child support for the 9- and 10-year-old children that he had with his third wife, Michelle Rodman, said her attorney, Jack Kayajanian, in court documents.

Rodman also owed $51,441 through March 1 in back spousal support, Kayajanian alleged in court documents.

Michelle Rodman, identified in court papers as a Costa Mesa resident, is also requesting attorneys' fees, according to the Daily Pilot.

Dennis Rodman's attorney, Linnea Willis, said in court documents that the former Laker is barely capable of paying for his living expenses, let alone the $5,000 he has for one child from another relationship, and the $4,500 monthly payment for spousal and child support to Michelle Rodman.

The attorneys who have represented him to date have worked pro bono, Willis said.

"Respondent Dennis Rodman is broke and cannot afford any additional fees," according to court documents filed on his behalf.

He is "extremely sick" and his marketability is diminishing with age and illness, according to court documents.

Rodman, who played on championship Chicago Bulls teams with Michael Jordan before coming to the Lakers, often led the NBA in rebounds. He has a long history with Newport Beach, whose police were called to his Seashore Drive home in West Newport 80 times during the eight years he lived there.

At the time his third wife filed for divorce, he listed his monthly expenses as more than $30,000, according to a 2004 article in the Los Angeles Times. Michelle Rodman listed her monthly expenses as $17,000.

Dennis Rodman 'broke,' 'extremely sick,' his attorney says - latimes.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Guess what. Strike a budget. Both of you. Cut your costs to a reasonable amount. Just like everyone else is having to do!

Nyaw. Must be hard for millionaires to put some away for the future.

Also, marketability? And what's he sick with?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Alcohol....
    Dennis Rodman is not faring well these days. The rebounding legend is allegedly struggling with his alcohol addiction and unable to meet his child support obligations, according to ABC News.
    Allegedly broke and ill, Dennis Rodman avoids jail time for now
    March 27, 2012 | 1:39 pm

This post has been corrected. Please see note at end for details.
    Former NBA star Dennis Rodman escaped being sent to jail Tuesday for failing to pay spousal and child support, but it may be only a brief respite for the onetime basketball player who carved out a prestigious party boy reputation during his years living on the oceanfront in Newport Beach.
    Rodman, who faces up to 20 days in jail, was ordered to return to court in Orange County on May 29.
    Through March 1, Rodman, 50, owed $808,935 in back child support for the 9- and 10-year-old children that he had with his third wife, Michelle Rodman, said her attorney, Jack Kayajanian, in court documents.
    Rodman also owed $51,441 through March 1 in back spousal support, Kayajanian alleged in court documents.
    Michelle Rodman, identified in court papers as a Costa Mesa resident, is also requesting attorneys' fees.
    Dennis Rodman's attorney, Linnea Willis, said in court documents that the former Laker is barely capable of paying for his living expenses, let alone the $5,000 he owes for one child from another marriage.
    He is "extremely sick" and his marketability is diminishing with age and illness, according to court documents.
    "In all honesty, Dennis, although a very sweet person, is an alcoholic," said Peggy Williams, his financial advisor. "His sickness impacts his ability to get work. This case, especially his wife filing for divorce, has put him on a binge that I have never seen before. He is extremely hurt and extremely sick. He is often unable to obtain work because of this sickness. And his sickness is getting increasingly worse."
    Rodman appeared in court Tuesday, dressed in a white blazer, black jeans and Converse tennis shoes. He brought along a Chicago Bulls hat.

He said that he and his ex wife -– whom he referred to as his “wife” during the court session -– get along and that he’d dined with her and his children at an Outback Steakhouse on Monday evening. Some of Rodman's financial hardships stem from having cashed out his NBA retirement for pennies on the dollar so he could pay back taxes owed to the state of California for 2002-03, according to documents filed with the Lamoreaux Justice Center in Orange.
    Rodman still owes more than $350,000 in back taxes, according to court documents, but Willis said Rodman's taxes were done improperly by a former accountant and disputed that figure.
    Rodman, who played on championship Chicago Bulls teams with Michael Jordan before coming to the Lakers, often led the NBA in rebounds. He has a long history with Newport Beach, whose police were called to his Seashore Drive home in West Newport 80 times during the eight years he lived there. He now lives in Miami.
    [For The Record 3/27/12, 6:12 p.m. : An earlier version of this post incorrectly said that Dennis Rodman is 51. He's 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    And what's he sick with?

that's what i was thinking. my vote is mutant stand of herpes

Quote Originally Posted by Love love View Post
    that's what i was thinking. my vote is mutant stand of herpes
    Mutant Strain..... not mutant stand.

And its alcohol, see my post above.

Dennis Rodman never had a chance. Look at the genes that were passed down to him (I'll never forget reading this article - no, it's not "The Onion", and look at the name "Philander", LOL):

Dennis Rodman's dad has 27 kids and runs bar in the Philippines | Jet | Find Articles

Philander Rodman Jr., the father of Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman, lives in Angeles City, Philippines, and is the father of 27 children by four different wives, "and extracurricular activities," he boasts in the Washington Post.
    He abandoned Dennis and his mother Shirley when Dennis was 3 and hasn't seen him since. Philander, a Vietnam vet who spent 17 years in the Air Force, ran off with a military chaplain's daughter in 1970.
    His second marriage lasted until 1977, during which Philander Rodman III, now playing basketball for the University of Idaho, was born.
    Philander Jr. recalled when he was abandoned by his father, Philander Rodman Sr., when he was 6. The elder Philander Rodman left his family in Memphis and moved north to Chicago in search of opportunity.
    "I used to hate my father. I thought he deserted us," Philander said in the Post.
    Dennis has expressed similar dislike for his father in his book Bad As I Wanna Be.
    "I haven't seen my father in more than 30 years, so what's there to miss," Dennis writes. "I just look at it like this: Some man brought me into this world. That doesn't mean I have a father."
    Because of Dennis' international stardom, Philander, who runs a bar, is being sought by members of the press. And he bursts with pride in talking about his famous son.
    Philander said he watches all the Bulls games that he can overseas.
    Philander, who has 15 of his children living with him, said he spends more time with them. But he looks forward to the day that his eldest son faces him eye-to-eye.
    "I think he'll understand one day," Philander said of his abandoning Dennis. "I hope so anyway. I hope he'll come around."
    COPYRIGHT 1996 Johnson Publishing Co.
    COPYRIGHT 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning

Philander. A name he did his best to live up to.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Dennis Rodman never had a chance. Look at the genes that were passed down to him (I'll never forget reading this article - no, it's not "The Onion", and look at the name "Philander", LOL):

Dennis Rodman's dad has 27 kids and runs bar in the Philippines | Jet | Find Articles

Philander Rodman Jr., the father of Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman, lives in Angeles City, Philippines, and is the father of 27 children by four different wives, "and extracurricular activities," he boasts in the Washington Post.
    He abandoned Dennis and his mother Shirley when Dennis was 3 and hasn't seen him since. Philander, a Vietnam vet who spent 17 years in the Air Force, ran off with a military chaplain's daughter in 1970.
    His second marriage lasted until 1977, during which Philander Rodman III, now playing basketball for the University of Idaho, was born.
    Philander Jr. recalled when he was abandoned by his father, Philander Rodman Sr., when he was 6. The elder Philander Rodman left his family in Memphis and moved north to Chicago in search of opportunity.
    "I used to hate my father. I thought he deserted us," Philander said in the Post.
    Dennis has expressed similar dislike for his father in his book Bad As I Wanna Be.
    "I haven't seen my father in more than 30 years, so what's there to miss," Dennis writes. "I just look at it like this: Some man brought me into this world. That doesn't mean I have a father."
    Because of Dennis' international stardom, Philander, who runs a bar, is being sought by members of the press. And he bursts with pride in talking about his famous son.
    Philander said he watches all the Bulls games that he can overseas.
    Philander, who has 15 of his children living with him, said he spends more time with them. But he looks forward to the day that his eldest son faces him eye-to-eye.
    "I think he'll understand one day," Philander said of his abandoning Dennis. "I hope so anyway. I hope he'll come around."
    COPYRIGHT 1996 Johnson Publishing Co.
    COPYRIGHT 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning
    Understand what exactly? That you're a selfish douche who helped fuck him up for life? Yeah, I think he gets that, Philander.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Why did he help Dennis fuck up his life? Sounds like he had very little input into it.

27 KIDS,...with only 4 wives?!?!? Wtf??? I want to know how many each woman had.....good God!!!

Um hmmm, sick of paying his damn bills.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    27 KIDS,...with only 4 wives?!?!? Wtf??? I want to know how many each woman had.....good God!!!
    By 4 wives "and extracurricular activities"-- the wives weren't the only mothers. It's his parents' fault for naming him 'Philander'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    By 4 wives "and extracurricular activities"-- the wives weren't the only mothers. It's his parents' fault for naming him 'Philander'.
    Since he is a Jr., it's a family tradition to name one of your sons Philander, as well as abandon your family shortly thereafter.

In that case I am interested in the etymology of the word 'philander'. Perhaps Philander Sr. predates it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information