Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

Default Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

Since she replaced Meredith Viera as co-host of the Today Show last June, Ann Curry hasn't exactly impressed. "Hopeless," a source close to NBC executives said to describe her co-hosting abilities. "Atrocious," said another. "Strained."

And those are some of the kinder ones. But it's become a foregone conclusion amongst network insiders who have been watching the Today Show's inner-circle implode that once NBC gives Matt Lauer his presumed mega-deal, Ann is a good as gone. And it might happen even sooner than that.

And, although it's not directly stated in the New York magazine piece about Laurer, this passage relays the grim prognosis for Curry a lot more gently than it could have:
    Lauer's worth only increased when Meredith Vieira left and handed the co-anchor chair to Ann Curry, who in the eyes of many television-news executives has experienced a rocky transition to her new role.
    The subtext of that "rocky" transition, according to sources, is that Matt Lauer just "absolutely hates her" as a co-host and is fed up with watching Curry turn what was once NBC's most charismatic and engaging program into a joyless slog.

"Everybody knows she's gone," said one source. "Everybody knows she's gone," said another. "Everybody knows she's gone," said another.

But, if Curry can keep her damaged ego in check, there is also talk of repositioning her at NBC News as some sort of special foreign corespondent so she can get back to doing the more serious journalism she covets—and to keep her far, far away from most of the people she's annoyed during her Today Show stint.

The rumored frontrunner to replace Curry as Lauer's sunshine sidekick is Savannah Guthrie.

Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I had no idea Ann Curry was that disliked. I always thought she was a benign and likable enough personality. *shrugs*

fgg

thank the lawd baby! my prayers have been answered!
    shedevilang and sluce like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

A couple:

[YOUTUBE]89aQ_F64NPs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]J2FQ1W4vo8k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NoTDTZXAxjc[/YOUTUBE]

I had no idea who she was until I was getting my oil changed a few weeks ago and the show was on. I was thinking, "Geez, this lady seems like a bit of a ditz to be facing this kind of public scrutiny..."

I guess so!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I'm so happy!

I've seen rookie, small town anchors who are way better than her.

She is boringgggg. She likes to put her hands on her guests and worst of all. She talks weird, she goes fast and mushes her words. I never could understand her half the time when she did the news and then to become cohost??? Bad decision
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

She does seem to get easily confused and gets tongue tangled.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I read somewhere that she is a functioning alcoholic and everyone hates her. I wish I could remember where I read that....

I don't think she's done well either w/the transition to Anchor w/Matt Lauer. Though I don't think he hates her, but that's just a hunch.

i have only watched the Today show a handful of times since Meredith left, and thats because of Ann Curry. She sucks so hard. If she goes, then i might start watching again.

i can't stomach Good Morning America because they hired Lara Spencer, and CBS morning show hired Gayle (oprah's broad).
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Rating are down. They have done so much to try and make this work. She and Matt are actually very close so it has been hard for him to not have this work. I sent an email to the person I know on the Today Show but don't expect an answer tonight since they must already be asleep since they get up soooo early.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Syd

I hate how overly dramatic she is when asking questions. Don't care if they fire her ass because I started watching GMA when they made Ann co-host.
    nana51 likes this.

I will not miss her. She is overly touchy and overly dramatic. I still miss Katie. I keep having to switch to CNN because the news potion is becoming Waay to light.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

"good morning, good morning in the news this morning, good morning!" bet she fucking hates Joel McHale...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Why can't they give Natalie Morales a shot at the job? I like her and she has put in some time on the show.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information