Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebitchy asks "Is Scarlett Johansson’s boyfriend a violent d-bag and a misogynist?"

Default Celebitchy asks "Is Scarlett Johansson’s boyfriend a violent d-bag and a misogynist?"

Feb 17
    '12
    Is Scarlett Johansson’s boyfriend a violent d-bag and a misogynist?

Does it surprise you that Scarlett Johansson’s non-celebrity boyfriend has gotten a ton of press over the past two weeks? My opinion of Nate “The Most Beautiful Man In the World” Naylor has changed significantly in short time from “yay, she’s dating a non-celebrity” to “OMG, this guy sounds like such a d-bag.” I don’t buy that they’ve been dating for months, either. I think they’ve been together for a month, tops. And I think Nate is the one doing his own “roll out” in the press, complete with happy vacation photos in Hawaii. But with the good comes the bad, and Gawker had this interesting story up a few days ago:
    Working the holiday party circuit on a week night in December, a handful of Nate Naylor’s acquaintances (and extended acquaintances) met up at Von, a bar in the East Village. Nate would have been three months into his relationship with Scarlett at the time.
    Naylor arrived after midnight, and ran into an ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. With nary a word exchanged, a witness tells us that Naylor “sucker punched the dude,” bloodying the man’s nose. Amid shouts, Naylor fled to a bar bathroom and locked himself in.
    “Security eventually coaxed him out and ejected him,” the witness says.
    Though noticeably smaller than ScarJo’s “Morrissey in his prime” boyfriend, the punch victim did not seek medical attention. He merely cleaned himself up and returned to drinking his beer.
    [From Gawker]
    Does this help or hurt his rep? He’s a bar-fighter, a brawler, but he’s also a coward who sucker-punches his victims and then runs into the bathroom to hide. Ugh. A picture is beginning to form, right? It’s about to get worse although, in my opinion, this next criticism of Nate is slightly off the mark. Anyway, Nate has a Tumblr which is full of NSFW images – go here if you’d like to look. As Gawker points out, Nate seems to have an obsession with boobs, butts and female nudity in general. SHOCK. He’s a dude. Aren’t they all like that? The straight ones, at least, but even some of the gay ones. The Enquirer showed Nate’s Tumblr to the National Organization of Women and to some random therapist, and everybody was just SHOCKED and APPALLED. Because of the boobs.
    New York ad man Nate Naylor, 38, has posted dozens of violent and erotic images of women online, and experts say the disturbing photos could mean Naylor hates women!
    “I fear for Scarlett’s safety and well-being if these images are any indication of how this man perceives – and treats – women in his personal life,” a staffer for the National Organization for Women told The Enquirer. Calling the images “disgusting and deplorable,” the staffer added: “Even if Nate isn’t violent and degrading toward women, just to come up with the concepts speaks volumes of where his head’s at.”
    One expert who reviewed the photos called him a misogynist.
    “He hates women,” Dr. Lillian Glass, whose beverly Hills practice includes relationship counseling, told The Enquirer. “If a picture is worth a thousand words, he definitely comes across as a bad-boy.”
    A friend of Scarlett’s tells the Enquirer: “Nate’s a nice guy despite his fetish for posting crazy art photos online,” a friend of Scarlett’s told The Enquirer. “Scarlett likes him a lot. Hopefully, he’ll be Mr. Right.”
    [From The Enquirer, print edition]
    Look, the images Nate has chosen for his Tumblr aren’t my cup of tea either, but I’m not looking at them thinking, “Of course he’s a violent misogynist because he posted that photo of a bear.” There’s feminism and then there’s knee-jerk reactionary “let’s judge a man on what photos he likes” BS. He likes striking, arresting images and he likes photos with a slightly pr0n-y bent. Taken with the whole “sucker-punching a dude and then hiding in the bathroom” suggests that while he might have some violent tendencies, he’s also a gigantic baby. Basically, ScarJo should just keep her eye on him and one eye on making her exit.

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Scarlett likes him a lot. Hopefully, he’ll be Mr. Right.
    I'm confused. Isn't she married to Ryan Reynolds? Or am I thinking of someone else?

They're divorced, then she hooked up with Sean Penn, now she's allegedly with this dude.

how ridiculous, i love these "doctors" giving their opinion on his psychological problems based on the pictures he posts on his blog. which is great, btw. i've spent an hour looking through it. very interesting photography.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    how ridiculous, i love these "doctors" giving their opinion on his psychological problems based on the pictures he posts on his blog. which is great, btw. i've spent an hour looking through it. very interesting photography.
    You do realize that's an important part of profiling serial killers, right? What photos you are drawn to does reveal a great deal about the personality.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

Seriously, these two can have each other.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    You do realize that's an important part of profiling serial killers, right? What photos you are drawn to does reveal a great deal about the personality.
    except that he's not a serial killer, as far as i know.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

What does that have to do with anything? It's just an example of how it is used, and with uncanny accuracy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

source?
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

Source of what? The article is sources to celebitchy?

Morrissey in his prime?!?! Uh, yeah...this guy wishes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Source of what?
    no, the profiling serial killers by the photos they're drawn to. Sounds interesting.
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

Any advanced level psychology textbook will have it.

in that case, tumblr is full of serial killers and pervs! who knew!

sure, serial killers might be drawn to certain images, but so are a lot of people who aren't psychopaths. so while they might have the images in common, the difference is that only a few will, you know, actually go out and kill or hurt women.

this guy's tumblr + one fight that we know of and people are calling him a violent mysoginist? give me a fucking break. talk about hysteria.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What's her appeal, anyway?
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information