Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

fgg

Default Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes

From fried chicken to mac and cheese casseroles, Paula Deen has made her mark on the culinary world – and in the homes of fans – with recipes that don't skimp on cheese, cream and sugar. Not to mention butter ... whole sticks of it.

And even as she reveals that she is living with Type 2 Diabetes, she says it won't stop her from eating the way she wants.

"I was determined to share my positive approach and not let diabetes stand in the way of enjoying my life," Deen said Tuesday in a release announcing her launch of Diabetes in a New Light?, geared toward finding "simple ways" to manage challenges of the disease.

"I'm excited to team up with Novo Nordisk on this initiative to show others that managing diabetes does not have to stop you from enjoying the things you love."

The National Enquirer first reported Deen's diabetes in April 2010, but she never confirmed or denied the diagnosis until now. She turns 65 Thursday.

The Food Network chef with the folksy Southern drawl – and a tendency to address her fans as "Hey, y'all" – has been famously criticized for her cooking techniques. Just last summer, fellow celeb chef Anthony Bourdain called her the "most dangerous person to America" who's "proud of the fact that her food is f------ bad for you."

And as news leaked she was making the announcement regarding her health, Bourdain was inundated with people "looking for quotes." And he says he "takes no pleasure" in her news, telling Eater.com, he suspects she's known for a long time and been looking for a way "to position herself."

"When your signature dish is hamburger in between a doughnut, and you've been cheerfully selling this stuff knowing all along that you've got Type 2 Diabetes ... It's in bad taste if nothing else," he said. "How long has she known? I suspect a very long time."

Deen, it was also revealed in the release, takes Victoza – a once-daily, non-insulin injection – and continues to "make lifestyle adjustments, including lightened-up versions of her favorite recipes."

Paula Deen Type 2 Diabetes News : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

No shit, Dick Tracy.

Gotta update celebrity death list. BRB.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

When I first heard about this, my first thought was she's known for a while. Now it's time to make money off of the Novo Nordisk.

I saw her on The Today Show this a.m. talking with Al Roker about this. When he asked her if she was a paid spokesperson for Novo Nordisk she got all defensive and said something about him being paid for his work too. It was an odd interview.

I don't really see the problem with her making fattening food and having type 2. Most people can eat shit like that if you do it occasionally and in moderation and it doesn't get out of control. Much of the problem is that people have no self control. It's not Paula Deen's fault if someone can't figure out that you can't eat 3/4 of a red velvet cake in one go. That said, I know that not everyone that has diabetes is because of their lack of control, I'm just using it as an example of why I don't think there's an issue of her making full butter recipes.

^^Not everyone who has diabetes is because of their lack of control.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^^Not everyone who has diabetes is because of their lack of control.
    I know, that's why I said specifically this:

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    That said, I know that not everyone that has diabetes is because of their lack of control, I'm just using it as an example of why I don't think there's an issue of her making full butter recipes.

maybe she should talk about exercise and losing weight, considering that has considerable impact on those with type 2 diabetes.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I know, that's why I said specifically this:
    Oops. My bad! Sorry.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

No problem a'tall, sluce! I'm actually sitting here watching Paula make a lasagna and thinking I could put a huge dent in it in one go.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

It's not Paula Deen's fault if someone can't figure out that you can't eat 3/4 of a red velvet cake in one go.
    We can't? Damn, there goes my plans for dinner...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

When your signature dish is hamburger in between a doughnut
    WTF?

i looove butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    WTF?
    I think the burger in doughnuts is called a Luther burger after Luther Vandross. It's seriously beef between two glazed doughnuts. The thing is like 1,000 calories by itself.

Yeah, I had to Google.

Soooo gross and unnecessary.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information