Thread: Scarlett Johansson's Mother Dealing with Money Problems Since ScarJo Fired Her

Default Scarlett Johansson's Mother Dealing with Money Problems Since ScarJo Fired Her

Scarlett Johansson's mother had to back out of a recent apartment purchase because she couldn't get a mortgage ... and her money troubles can be traced back to ScarJo dropping her as manager, so says a new report.

Melanie Sloan filed a lawsuit in New York last month to try and get back the $130,000 down payment she put down on an apartment in Manhattan. According to the lawsuit, the deal to buy the apartment included a provision which stated if Sloan could not secure a mortgage commitment by a certain date, the deal was voided and her down payment should be returned.

Sloan claims she did her part, and notified the seller she couldn't get the deal done, but they have failed to return her down payment.

Sloan served as ScarJo's manager until November 2009, when ScarJo dropped her for more powerful management. According to the NY Post, Sloan's accountant told the seller's of the apartment that losing her daughter as a client was a damaging blow to her financial situation.

The sellers claim Sloan said she was still making money off deals she signed for Scarlett, but they now believe they were misled and tell the Post they feel Sloan acted in bad faith and is not entitled to get her down payment back.

Sloan's lawsuit also seeks an additional $20,000 in attorney's fees.

Scarlett Johansson's Mother -- Dealing with Money Problems Since ScarJo Fired Her | TMZ.com

tough. she should have thought of that before becoming a momager bitch from hell.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

She may have been a momager bitch, but she brokered great deals for Scarlett. Since her firing, Scarlett has been starring in garbage (read: frothy, mega-pics that might as well cast some CGI female with big tits.) Mom Johansson wasn't Mom Lohan by a long shot.

This reminds me of Usher's situation. He got married and fired mom, to the detriment of his career. That rush for independence isn't always a good thing.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Sad, ScarHo did better with her mom managing her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

How was her deposit nonrefundable? Real estate deals are almost always contingent on securing financing. Maybe she should have to pay a small penalty, but in the range of $1000, not full forfeiture.

Her daughter is not responsible for supporting her mother. It's nice to help out, but there's probably back story here and generally going to the press with your money woes doesn't endear you to the child who fired you.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

She didn't go to the press, she filed a lawsuit and some reporter or gossip picked up on it.

I don't necessarily believe she has money troubles, even people pretty well off have trouble getting motgages these days.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Good point.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Is this her mother's only residence? If so, Scar Jo needs to step in and do the right thing unless there is some horrible back story we don't know about.

wasn't her mother suing her recently? or am i confusing her with another actress with a momager from hell?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Her mother looks like a cross between Fran Drescher and Kat Von D.
    Be excellent to each other.

^ This. But at the same time, ScarJo looks exactly like her. Weird.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    She may have been a momager bitch, but she brokered great deals for Scarlett. Since her firing, Scarlett has been starring in garbage (read: frothy, mega-pics that might as well cast some CGI female with big tits.) Mom Johansson wasn't Mom Lohan by a long shot.

This reminds me of Usher's situation. He got married and fired mom, to the detriment of his career. That rush for independence isn't always a good thing.
    well spotted, dead right
    " We fucked up bigger and better than any generation that came before us. I'm a screw-up and I plan to be a screw-up until my late 20s, maybe even my early 30s."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Her mother looks like a cross between Fran Drescher and Kat Von D.

My first thought was Tina Arena after a rough night.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information