Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Denise Richards on losing her mother to kidney cancer‎

Default Denise Richards on losing her mother to kidney cancer‎

Denise Richards is well known for her high-profile divorce from Hollywood bad boy Charlie Sheen. But the 40-year-old single mom-of-three says her biggest heartbreak was the death of her mother Joni to kidney cancer. "We never gave up hope," Denise tells Living With Cancer's latest edition. The actress/author opens up about her mother's battle with cancer, how she tells her daughters "stories to keep [grandma's] memory alive," and her ex-boyfriend Richie Sambora who helped her through that difficult time.

On raising her daughters without her mother: "Eloise [6 months] is the first grand-baby who didn't get to meet my mom," Denise shares. "My mom had helped me with both of my older girls [Sam, 7, and Lola, 6, her daughters with Charlie]. She was at the hospital [when they were born], and she stayed with us for a while. There are many conversations I would have loved to have with her."

On never losing hope: "Even though deep down I knew [my mom was going to die], I still had hope that maybe it wouldn't happen. And I think that hope helped her. If you lose hope, your loved one loses hope too."

On leaning on then-boyfriend Richie Sambora, whose father was also undergoing cancer treatments: "It was our biggest bond. We were able to be each other's rock - moments I was sad, he was there, and vice versa. It was very helpful."

Denise Richards On Losing Her Mother To Kidney Cancer | Celebrity Baby Scoop
    Denise Richards

That is so sad! Doctors too often write off womens symptoms to just being female. They would have had a closer look earlier at a male,IMO.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Her mother died a few years ago. Why is she now parlaying this into more attention for her? I like the blind item about her better.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Quote Originally Posted by samantha jones View Post
    Her mother died a few years ago. Why is she now parlaying this into more attention for her?

uh, 'cause it's a mag about cancer. There's a clue in the title 'Living With Cancer'.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    uh, 'cause it's a mag about cancer. There's a clue in the title 'Living With Cancer'.
    Yeah, I'ma vouch that!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

So she didn't do it three years ago when it happened and was blabbing about it on her reality show? It's old news.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

So she didn't do it three years ago when it happened and was blabbing about it on her reality show? It's old news.
    Nobody said that. When YOU are interviewed by a magazine about cancer, what do you suggest someone speak about?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Her mother died a few years ago. Why is she now parlaying this into more attention for her? I like the blind item about her better.
    Bit harsh no? She lost her mother to this awful disease and if her talking about it now can help anyone in a similar situation now then who cares. Its a magazine about cancer, she isn't going to discuss her career now is she?

I'm very close to my mother so whenever I hear these stories or read them I get very emotional cause I imagine myself in that situation and don't know how I would ever deal with it if god forbid something like that happend
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Ya know - I'm getting sick and tired of your failures as Samantha Jones. The real Samantha Jones knows that PR at any point is a good thing. If you're going to play Samantha Jones please be more realistic. She's also an intelligent woman so it's time for you to raise the bar.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I doubt it was old news to the 99% of the readers of this magazine who didn't see her reality show. It wasn't exactly drawing "Dancing with the Stars" kind of ratings.

Maybe talking about it publicly right away was too hard for her.....my grandmother passed away 5 years ago of natural causes and my mother still has a hard time talking about it.....just because she's a celebrity doesn't mean she doesn't have feelings

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That is so sad! Doctors too often write off womens symptoms to just being female. They would have had a closer look earlier at a male,IMO.
    So true. I lost my mom to cancer last summer. Diagnosed stage 4 in June. She also knew something was wrong and her doctor blew her off for months. When I took her for the PET scan results, the sonofabitch wouldn't even look her in the eye. Six weeks later she was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage View Post
    Maybe talking about it publicly right away was too hard for her.....my grandmother passed away 5 years ago of natural causes and my mother still has a hard time talking about it.....just because she's a celebrity doesn't mean she doesn't have feelings
    This. I don't care what anyone thinks of Denise Richards, losing a parent to cancer is devastating. And not something you really want to talk about publicly when your emotions are still raw.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So true. I lost my mom to cancer last summer. Diagnosed stage 4 in June. She also knew something was wrong and her doctor blew her off for months. When I took her for the PET scan results, the sonofabitch wouldn't even look her in the eye. Six weeks later she was gone.
    Wow, I almost think we're long-lost siblings or something. I shuttled my mom around from rheumatologist to oncologist to orthopedist for the last year of her life. Nobody knew what was wrong either. She was diagnosed with advanced multiple myeloma in late June and was gone two weeks later.

yeah i can't quite bring myself to dislike denise richards, attention whoring and all (not that i think she's doing that with this interview). she's like the proverbial hooker with a heart of gold.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I'm sorry so many of you went through this. For me it was my mom with pancreatic cancer over 30 years, when her aches and pains were put down to 'empty nest syndrome.'

Re: Samantha Jones' comment...Well, you know, as noted above, it is PR. If having Denise in the magazine gets more people to read it, then that's great. And of course it's good for Denise too in terms of overcoming negatives in her image. I call that win-win not anything to get worked up over.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information