Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sinead O'Connor splits with husband after 18 days of marriage

Default Sinead O'Connor splits with husband after 18 days of marriage

(Let the Kardashian jokes begin....)

radaronline.com

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 @ 08:30AM
    INF Photo

By Radar Staff
    Suddenly, Kim Kardashian's 72-day marriage oesn’t seem so bad.
    After just 18 days of marriage to husbandBarry Herridge, Sinead O'Connor says she’s calling it quits.
    The singer, 45, married Herridge December 8 in Las Vegas; she detailed her reasons for the jaw-dropping breakup in a long post on her website Monday.

"Dear friends, I had for reasons u will all understand, wished to keep this private but have been told today it is to be leaked in the next few days despite my best efforts,” she wrote. “So I must now leak it myself so as the record is straight."
    The Nothing Compares 2 U singer, who has four kids, went on to say that "certain people in [Herridge's] life" down-talked the marriage to the groom just three hours after the ceremony was over.
    "And also by a bit of a wild ride i took us on looking for a bit of a smoke of weed for me wedding night as I don't drink," she wrote. "My husband was enormously wounded and very badly effected by that experience and also by the attitude of those close to him toward our marriage.

“I truly believe though it is painful to admit, we made a mistake rushing into getting married, for altruistic reasons, and weren't aware or prepared for the consequences on my husband's life and the lives of those close to him.
    She continued, "He has been terribly unhappy and I have therefore ended the marriage.”
    O'Connor was past married to music producer John Reynolds in 1989, journalist Nicholas Sommerlad in 2001 and musician Steve Cooney in 2010.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

maybe he had no patience for the difficult brown...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Ugh, yeah, I just find her revolting.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Ugh, yeah, I just find her revolting.
    And mad.

Yes, Mad, I like that.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Please, the Kardashian comparisons are barely warranted. Everyone makes stupid mistakes, but only Kartrashians plan a wedding for the sake of $$ and ratings, profit off it to the tune of millions, shamelessly milk it for as much publicity as posssible and then deny that they did it all for the money.

Sinead just strikes me as a bit crazy and misguided, not a soulless, publicity-hungry golddigger.

I'll cut her loads of slack on this. She's smart, was a great singer and a good songwriter, and has survived abuse, mental illness, and being incarcerated in a fucking Magdalene laundry.

I would have been happy to give her a joint for her wedding night. I think she'd be fun to have an evening with.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^ I'll second that. I'll cut her slack just for this song:

[YOUTUBE]5QFPfSfLi-Q[/YOUTUBE]

That's a great song. I'll be humming it all day now.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wasn't she just looking for someone to share the difficult brown with a couple months back? That was quick.

I feel for her...she seems fairly pure hearted and trusting and people like that are preyed upon easily.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Wasn't she just looking for someone to share the difficult brown with a couple months back? That was quick.

I feel for her...she seems fairly pure hearted and trusting and people like that are preyed upon easily.

Wasnt the latest guy a psychologist? I figured with that alone, it could have gone either way
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Her full statement from her website:

Sinéad O'Connor

Dear friends,

I had for reasons u will all understand, wished to keep this private but have been told today it is to be leaked in the next few days despite my best efforts. So I must now leak it myself so as the record is straight. I won't under any circumstances ever have any further comments to make on this matter than those I write here this evening. Either privately or publicly.

From the moment myself and my husband got together not long ago, there was intense pressure placed upon him by certain people in his life, not to be involved with me. These were people who had never met me but had formed opinions of me based on what they read about 'Sinead 'O'Connor' in the media etc. Entitled as they are to their opinions about me many perhaps well deserved, there was no righteousness on anyone's part to put my husband through what he was put through as a result of his desire to be with me and to marry me and as a result of his actually marrying me.

Within 3 hours of the ceremony being over the marriage was kyboshed by the behaviour of certain people in my husband's life. And also by a bit of a wild ride i took us on looking for a bit of a smoke of weed for me wedding night as I don't drink. My husband was enormously wounded and very badly effected by that experience and also by the attitude of those close to him toward our marriage. It became apparent to me that if he were to stay with me he would be losing too much to bear. And that being with me was not going to serve him positively , career wise or any other wise. I saw his life leave him because of how people close to him reacted. And I can't take anyone's life. And a woman wants to be a joy to her husband. So.. U love someone? Set them free.

He is a wonderful man. I love him very much. I'm sorry I'm not a more regular woman. I truly believe though it is painful to admit, we made a mistake rushing into getting married, for altruistic reasons, and weren't aware or prepared for the consequences on my husband's life and the lives of those close to him. He has been terribly unhappy and I have therefore ended the marriage. I think he is too nice to do so. And too nice to trap.

He is as I said, a wonderful man. We part amicably. I wish him to be free and happy and loved and supported and for him to have privacy as that is utmost important for his job and for the children he treats as a therapist so I plead on theirs and his behalf for media to please leave him and his family alone. I really beg this. His family have health issues also and they not need the stress. Please do not doorstep them. Please be considerate of their feelings and leave them and my husband alone. I repeat this is of UTMOST importance to the wonderful children my husband helps every day. his work is his life. Publicity over all this could jeopardise his job. Please, don't do that to him. or I will have that on my conscience as well. he is a private person. I'm fair game. He or his family are not.

Meanwhile I intend to get on with being fully me. With never an apology for ANY part if being FULLY ME. No matter what. I am a 21st century full woman and proud of living it. I am in a very good and happy and strong place in life so I am doing fine. The marriage was 16 days. We lived together for 7 days only.. Until Xmas eve. And we haven't been awful to each other. So while I feel sad for my husband, and sad to be the cause of sorrow to yet another poor man, I'm also happy that I know we weren't horrible to each other and he is better off free. And that I can be me. And that's a freedom I can't give up for anyone or anything. Neither should my husband or anyone else.

Please pray for my lovely husband to be ok and do not worry about me as I have had plenty of practice in these matters. I am in a good place in life. And happy. I believe in and am committed wholeheartedly to happiness. Nothing knocks that. My only concern is that my husband be happy.

As my good friend said "well, at least you got married in Vegas in a pink Cadillac! Can't get more Rock n Roll than that".

so now u can all go ahead and have a great laugh, media wise, and be horrid if u desire to. But that's my record set straight.

Rock n Roll

Sinead

There's something heartfelt and genuine and just filled with sorrow about that statement. Makes me sad for the crazy broad.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

It seems like she really does love him very much.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'll cut her loads of slack on this. She's smart, was a great singer and a good songwriter, and has survived abuse, mental illness, and being incarcerated in a fucking Magdalene laundry.

I would have been happy to give her a joint for her wedding night. I think she'd be fun to have an evening with.
    yeah, this, and I love Mandinka. She's mad, but seems to know it.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information