Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Damon: A President "With Some Balls" Would've Been Better‎

Default Matt Damon: A President "With Some Balls" Would've Been Better‎

Oh, these two.
    We're not sure if someone is taking his Adjustment Bureau character to heart or what, but Matt Damon has been very vocal about his political views lately.

The We Bought a Zoo star began discussing his views on President Barack Obama's administration during an interview with Elle Magazine (which, by the way, was conducted in New York during the start of the Occupy Wall Street protests), saying, "I've talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, ‘Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician...' 

"You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better."
    And bam, there it is. But of course, there's more.
    "If the Democrats think that they didn't have a mandate—people are literally without any focus or leadership, just wandering out into the streets to yell right now because they are so pissed off," he says. "Imagine if they had a leader."

In May, Obama used some of Damon's previous comments as material for his speech at the White House Correspondents' Dinner in Washington, D.C. "I've even let down my key core constituency: movie stars. Just the other day, Matt Damon—I love Matt Damon, love the guy—Matt Damon said he was disappointed in my performance," and here comes the kicker, "Well, Matt, I just saw The Adjustment Bureau, so...right back atcha, buddy."
    It seems like the actor's latest film is getting decent reviews, so we can't wait to see what the president's comeback to this is this time.

Matt, I love you but you need to stick to acting & stop being political.
    **Say Auf Wiedersehen to your NAZI Balls**

Bronze Member

what a friggin' idiot.

I agree with Matt.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The fact that Obama even gives 10 seconds in a speech to address this speaks volumes.

I love that people thought Obama was going to get stuff done. He didn't put in an honest days work when he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    The fact that Obama even gives 10 seconds in a speech to address this speaks volumes.

I love that people thought Obama was going to get stuff done. He didn't put in an honest days work when he was there.
    That's exactly what I was thinking...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

He's got balls, just not for the 99%. His balls are reserved for the oligarchs and plutocrats.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Yipper skipper.

Matt isn't your typical Hollywood idiot. He went to Harvard (even if he didn't graduate) and he comes accross as very intelligent in his interviews. Obama's snipe at him is petty and only makes me want to watch the movie. To be honest, it looks kinda crappy from the trailer but now I may have to see it just out of spite, damn it.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Obama's comments about Matt Damon were at the White House Correspondent's Dinner. It's not like he said them during the State of the Union. Context people, context is important. The Correspondent's dinner is not serious politics - except when the Republicans hired Steven Colbert to host during the Bush years because they thought his bombast was serious. (That was pretty damn funny).
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Is that where Obama joked about dropping predator drone missiles on people?

Yeah.

That was a laugh riot.. almost as funny as when Bush joked about not being able to find WMD's
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yes. We would have been so much better off if McCain was our President and we had a Barbie for a VP.

Thanks MM for pointing out that his comments about Matt were intended to be a joke and were said at the proper time and place.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    yes. We would have been so much better off if mccain was our president and we had a barbie for a vp.

Thanks mm for pointing out that his comments about matt were intended to be a joke and were said at the proper time and place.
    this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

It would have been pretty much the same. More wars, more wall street fellatio, more oil companies raping the planet. Basically what you have right now.

If you'd like a list of awful Bush era shit Obama has continued or expanded on, I can provide a list. It's pretty fucking extensive. I mean, if *I* was Obama...

I wouldn't have sold out the public option to corporations

I wouldn't have been dropping missiles and wiping out entire villages

I wouldn't have been starting new proxy wars throughout the middle east

I wouldn't have hired wall street goons to run the economy into the ground

I wouldn't be signing a bill that creates nationwide martial law

I wouldn't have pushed the planet destroying keystone pipeline

I wouldn't be giving tax breaks to the richest citizens and corporations even though the debt was ballooning into the tens of trillions

I wouldn't be hunting whistleblowers

I wouldn't be handing out sentence on Bradley Manning BEFORE A TRIAL

I wouldn't be ASSASSINATING american citizens by presidential fiat

I wouldn't be offering up social security and medicare to be slashed

I wouldn't have let BP off the hook for destroying the gulf of mexico and poisoning half the state of Louisiana

I wouldn't have appointed two right of center judges who voted along with the rest of the judicial clown show to make corporations people, and ensure that money was free speech

But hey.. at least he wasn't fucking mccain! DODGED A BULLET THERE.
    Last edited by Grimmlok; December 24th, 2011 at 09:31 AM.

Cool

^This^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information