Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kardashian products made in sweatshops using child labor (Shocker....not.)

Default Kardashian products made in sweatshops using child labor (Shocker....not.)

radaronline.com

By Radar Staff
    In a stunning world exclusive exposé Star Magazine is reporting that the Kardashian family are endorsing and selling fashion products manufactured in foreign sweatshops, where workers, some as young as sixteen years old, are abused and virtually imprisoned.
    A prestigious human-rights watchdog organization has launched an investigation into America’s top TV family, with officials imploring the Kardashians not to profit from what amounts to “slave labor.”
    “The Kardashians are in bed with some pretty bad people,” Charles Kernaghan, the executive director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights, tells Star. “Not only are celebrities like the Kardashians taking advantage of these workers, they are holding hands with a government that spits on democracy and women’s rights.”

While the Kardashians are involved with many fine consumer products in the fashion, beauty, fragrance, health and lifestyle industries that are not part of this investigation, there are several brands that are coming under fire. Items in the family’s high-end K-Dash by Kardashian label and the Kris Jenner Kollection — sold on the home-shopping television network QVC and ShoeDazzle, a company that Kim cofounded and endorses, are all manufactured in areas of China where government regulations are often ignored and workers are subject to inhumane conditions.
    Li Qiang, the executive director of China Labor Watch, says that the reality stars are turning a blind eye to human rights abuses, for the sake of their bottom line. “People like the Kardashians are producing their products in China because they will get more profit, since the labor cost is so low compared to the United States and other countries,” he tells Star exclusively.
    The sweatshop workers live in squalid factory-run dormitories filled with the stench of sewage while toiling up to 84 hours during seven-day work weeks to produce some of the goods that helped Kourtney, 32, Kim, 31, Khloé, 27, mom Kris, 56, and the rest of their family earn $65 million last year.

Shockingly, the impoverished workers earn just a paltry $1 an hour, slaving away in factories in the Guangdong region of China, which Kernaghan describes as being "like minimum-security prisons."
    The region is a “scary place,” Kernaghan continues, where the peak summer season is “brutal,” with temperatures inside non-air-conditioned factories soaring to over 100˚F. Workers in the region can come out with as little as $15 a month once rent and food debts have been paid to their bosses.
    “You can’t talk during working hours,” Kernaghan adds. “You can’t listen to music; you can’t stand up and stretch. You can’t even put your head up and look around, or you will be screamed at. If you get permission to use the toilet, you get four minutes. If you’re highly specialized, you cannot even go to the bathroom.”

Star has learned that human-rights groups have dispatched their undercover investigators to a number of factories that have been linked to the Kardashians. And, Kernaghan says, it is time for the world and the Kardashians to take some responsibility. “Kim has been very fortunate, but it’s time for her and her family to treat these workers with respect,” he tells Star.
    “Kim, for example, could say, ‘It ain’t going to be all about me, me and me.’ She could do something and not leave behind a broken mess of women and children. If she took a stand and said, ‘I want to manufacture my products in Chicago or Los Angeles, where I can ensure people humane conditions,’ she would be taking the right stand.”
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

The world is getting to be a treacherous place for these money-grubbing pieces of shit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

It's nice to see they are getting complaints from every corner of the earth.

Yep. this ought to take those little midget bitches & their tramp ass mama down a peg or two!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Let's hope so! But I fear they are working on new stuff - not caring about the damage they have done already.

Here's hoping this is another huge step towards their demise.

Damn. I'm sure we cand expect a statement today about how they have nothing to do with production and would have never allowed this. Then Kim will travel to the factories and take pictures with the poor workers. Mama K is excited by the photo-ops and will try to figure out how to use it for their xmas card next year.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Damn. I'm sure we cand expect a statement today about how they have nothing to do with production and would have never allowed this. Then Kim will travel to the factories and take pictures with the poor workers. Mama K is excited by the photo-ops and will try to figure out how to use it for their xmas card next year.

From TMZ...
    Kris Jenner tells TMZ ... the factories manufacture a number of products unrelated to Kardashian lines. Jenner adds, "As far as I know the factories that are used to manufacture the Kardashian clothing and shoes have nothing terrible going on at all and the factories are very well policed and meet factory standards." Kris says she has not visited the factories in China.

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    From TMZ...
    Kris Jenner tells TMZ ... the factories manufacture a number of products unrelated to Kardashian lines. Jenner adds, "As far as I know the factories that are used to manufacture the Kardashian clothing and shoes have nothing terrible going on at all and the factories are very well policed and meet factory standards." Kris says she has not visited the factories in China.

What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

^

These people are awful. If they were smart (ok, I laughed just typing that), they would open up even just a small warehouse in some part of the US, creating jobs for local people.

......and then the clothes would cost 6 times as much, and they'd sell less units. They are smart in relation to profit, which is what most businesses care about.

In truth most clothing, even higher end goods have been tainted somewhere along the line by fucked up labor practices. Even when the clothing is from good practice factories, often the cotton was picked by slave labor, or the textiles milled by children. Even items labelled 'fair trade'.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post

You know Im quick to jump on the bandwagon and hate but why would she visit the factories in China? I doubt she honestly cared to begin with, shes just telling a half truth. She meant to say "I never visited the factories in China and dont really care what they do. By the way, our Kardashian Kollection is on sale all holiday season!"

You'd think, in this day and age, and remembering the whole "Kathy Lee Sweatshop" situation - for celebrities, who have the resources available to them, to do all their research (or hire someone to do it) before they put their name on something?

Back in the Kathy Lee era, the resources (internet, public information) weren't readily available like it is today
    (not that it excuses any wrong-doing in Kathy's situation)
    But there's no excuse for Kris or anyone not to know what is going on/how their businesses are being run.

Oh, you're offering me to do a clothing line?
    Great!

Simple research questions:

Where is going to be sold?
    Kohls. Who owns Kohls? Do they have a history of bad business practices?

Who will be manufacturing the line?
    ABC Inc.

Where are they located?

China? Ok, Let's google the address ... google the company/search public records to see their business history, if any. etc, etc, etc.

or here's a better idea:

Hey, before we invest time, money, and our family name to this, let's send John Smith (some assistant/part of their legal team/whathaveyou) to China for a day or two (Airfare-Hotel =$5,000, if that) to see how this process is going to be done....
    If they put as much time researching what they are putting their name on, as they do coordinating their outfits for an event - they wouldn't be in this situation.

I just don't know how people can just "sign on the dotted line" without doing at least a little research first....especially if they have the resources/money to do so.
    I just started my own little advertising business and just choosing the hosting company for my site alone took some time to work out - because I wanted to know exactly where the servers where, who has access to certain information, how it's protected etc. So how could you not be more thorough with a large-scale business as opposed to my teeny-tiny biz?

Oh no, another Kardashian thread? Watch out, some here deem what's appropriate for a new Kardashian thread and what's not!
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

you need to knock that shit off! fuck!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information