Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Presley's 'real daughter' sues his estate

Default Elvis Presley's 'real daughter' sues his estate

Elvis Presley's 'real daughter' sues for $130 mn

By Joe Raedle | AFP 8 hours ago

• File photo of Elvis Presley impersonators outside Graceland, the late singer's home in Memphis, Tennessee. A Swedish woman claiming to be Elvis's long-lost daughter has filed a $130 million lawsuit against his estate and relatives

A Swedish woman claiming to be Elvis Presley's long-lost daughter has filed a $130 million lawsuit against his estate and relatives for defamation and emotional distress.
    Lisa Johansen, 43, claims she is the true daughter of the "King of Rock and Roll" and was forcibly exiled to Sweden after her father's 1977 death out of fears she would be kidnapped. She also says she was replaced by "imposter" Lisa Marie Presley and that the singer's wife Priscilla Presley is her mother.
    Johansen chronicled her ostensible journey in an autobiography, "I, Lisa Marie," but the book's publishers sued her in 2000 for refusing to take an agreed-upon DNA test.
    For the past decade, Johansen has kept a low profile but a series of recent conflicts with the Presley family has brought renewed attention to her claims.
    She filed a lawsuit in a US District Court in Memphis, Tennessee on November 21. The suit stems from a visit Johansen made to Graceland in August with her husband and four children to commemorate the anniversary of Presley's death.
    Within days of the family's visit, Presley attorney Martin Singer sent a letter to Johansen's legal representative, stating that she had engaged in "outlandish, bizarre and fraudulent conduct," by boasting to Graceland staff about her close relationship with the Presley family.
    Singer dismissed her claims, saying "Lisa Johansen's strange obsession with my client's family and her outlandish claims to be the 'real' Lisa Marie Presley completely eviscerate Lisa Johansen's credibility."
    During a 1992 visit to Graceland, Johansen impersonated Lisa Marie Presley, entered a private room and removed items from the property, fleeing when a security alarm went off, Singer said.
    Neither Singer nor a representative of Presley's Graceland estate responded to requests for comment.
    Maria Skelly, a spokeswoman for Johansen in Washington, said the Presley family has been "provocative and hostile," and engaged in an effort to "intimidate (Johansen) in order to try to make her leave and not dare come back with any kind of claims".
    "She has had hopes to solve the entire situation privately within the family," Skelly said. No court date has been set.

Elvis Presley's 'real daughter' sues for $130 mn - Yahoo!

OOOOOO-kaaay. Straight out of the woodwork.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Wait, Elvis Presley is dead???

I want to see a picture of her. I don't see why people make these sorts of claims. A simple DNA test will prove she's lying and ruin her credibility as well as possibly get her into legal trouble.

ETA photo:

I thought it was a well known fact that Elvis probably did have had more children, but due to his will all illegitimate children were not allowed access to the estate. There is some stuff about it online.

No, her claim is that she's the real Lisa Marie and was sent away to protect her...

The Real Lisa Marie Presley Sues Elvis' Estate For $130M

Over the years, Lisa Johansen has popped up from time to time to cause havoc and destruction in the Presley family. It is kind of funny actually and when I think of Priscilla being distressed I am not terribly sad about it. It is only through some bad timing on Elvis' part that Priscilla has anything at all right now. Anyway, Lisa has always claimed that she is the real Lisa Marie Presley and was shipped to Sweden when Elvis died to protect her from kidnappers. She says that Priscilla is her mother and that the Lisa Marie Presley we all know is a fake. Did you know Lisa Marie Presley has two of the shortest celebrity marriages? There was the whole Michael Jackson thing and then I had forgotten she was married to Nicolas cage for something like four months.

Anyway, Lisa J is married and has four kids and once wrote a book discussing her claims that she is the real Lisa Marie, but was sued by her publishers because she never got a DNA test. Back in August, Lisa J visited Graceland during death week and she says she was harassed so she is suing for $130M. Back in 1992, she actually got away with pretending she was the real Lisa Marie Presley while at Graceland and she got let into private areas and walked away with a whole bunch of stuff. Do the people at Graceland not know what Lisa Marie looks like?

Crazy Days and Nights: The Real Lisa Marie Presley Sues Elvis' Estate For $130M
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    I thought it was a well known fact that Elvis probably did have had more children, but due to his will all illegitimate children were not allowed access to the estate. There is some stuff about it online.
    That I can believe, but this woman's story -- that she's the real Lisa Marie Presley, spirited away to Sweden so a stand-in Lisa Marie could take the risk of being kidnapped instead of her -- is just full of WTF.

She also says she was replaced by "imposter" Lisa Marie Presley

Wow...got to give it to whomever it was that found Lisa Marie as a replacement, since she looks EXACTLY like him.

yeah this is all kinds of crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    She also says she was replaced by "imposter" Lisa Marie Presley

Wow...got to give it to whomever it was that found Lisa Marie as a replacement, since she looks EXACTLY like him.
    She has had ps over the years to look more like him!

They're denying her because she won't drink the barley water.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    That I can believe, but this woman's story -- that she's the real Lisa Marie Presley, spirited away to Sweden so a stand-in Lisa Marie could take the risk of being kidnapped instead of her -- is just full of WTF.
    It seems crazy, but if the CO$ was involved....

Just sayin.

If that's a recent pic, she looks way better than the busted Lisa Marie
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Prove it with a DNA test or go away.

^ Exactly
    Lace bras... Great in theory, itchy nips in reality

*Cues in Twilight Zone music*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information