Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adriana Lima doesn’t eat solids for 9 days, drink water 12 hours before a VS show

fgg

Default Adriana Lima doesn’t eat solids for 9 days, drink water 12 hours before a VS show

Victoria’s Secret Angels go through hell to get in shape and stay slim for annual fashion show

What does it take to get the body of an Angel?

Egg powder, twice-daily workouts and no solid food.

Brazilian beauty Adriana Lima told the Telegraph just how much strenuous dieting and sacrifice to look effortlessly perfect for the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

The 30-year-old model, who said she’s been working out with a personal trainer every day since August, has doubled her regimen now that the show is coming up on Nov. 29.

She lifts weights, she boxes, she jumps rope — and starting three weeks ago, she’s been doing it twice a day.

She also sees a nutritionist who measures out exactly what she needs to stay healthy but also keep her svelte. She drinks a gallon of water a day.

Then, nine days before the show, she says goodbye to solid foods and drinks only protein shakes. She is allowed to stop drinking that daily gallon of water and just drink normally until 12 hours befor the show.

Then, no liquids allowed at all.

No liquids at all so you dry out; sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that, she said.

Sources close to the process of getting ready for the $10 million production say the models train like Olympians for their big moment on the runway.

"Adriana works really hard at it. It's the same as if you were a long-distance runner,” said Sophia Neophitou, chief stylist for this year's show. “They are athletes in this environment — it's harder to be a Victoria's Secret model because no one can just chuck an outfit on you, and hide your lumps and bumps."

Despite the constant workouts, and missing tasty foods, "It opens up so many doors, everyone knows your name, the whole world knows you now," she said. "Any model in this world would love to be an Angel."

Read more: Victoria
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

how can you manage to deal with the stress and physical side of that with no water and just enough food to live?
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

No water for 12 hours is just crazy. Dehydration is aging so that can't be worth it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

And I thought that withholding fluids makes you retain water.
    Coffee is my happy drug

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This article is disgusting.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Victoria's Secret fashion show:

I honestly wouldn't want the bodies of most of the angels. They're just sticks with fake tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I honestly wouldn't want the bodies of most of the angels. They're just sticks with fake tits.
    I don't think some of the earlier VS models (like Jill Goodacre and Laetitia Casta) would even get an interview these days. Not nearly emaciated enough.

A lot of actresses have the same principle before a big event or a photoshoot, just not so extreme. Some of the stuff they eay to stay thin sounds vile.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't think some of the earlier VS models (like Jill Goodacre and Laetitia Casta) would even get an interview these days. Not nearly emaciated enough.
    I so wanted to be Laetitia when I was growing up! Her face and body were just gorgeous! I thought the VS models back then were mostly natural. I remember watching this VS special where it was commented that most of those Angels would never be allowed on any regular fashion runway, because they were "too healthy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Better her than me. I like eating and drinking, but if she wants to be a monumental dumbass, that's on her.

Elite Member

She's an idiot, but I like that she's honest, instead of all that "I eat what I like, I'm just naturally lean"-bull shit that so many models/actresses spew.

Gold Member

I worry about young girls who will read this article and try this diet. Sounds dangerous with or without a nutritionist.

There's not a bejewelled bra sparkly enough for me to subsist like that.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Bronze Member

hmmm bodybuilders do the same thing I think, before a competition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information