Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jennifer Lopez brand turned everything it touches into gold

Bronze Member

Default The Jennifer Lopez brand turned everything it touches into gold

Women's Impact Report 2011: Jennifer Lopez

If 2011 simply marked Jennifer Lopez's return to the top of the pop charts, that would have been a significant achievement alone, but the superstar's resurgence tapped into every area of entertainment as the Jennifer Lopez brand turned everything it touched into gold.

The revitalization started with "American Idol." Lopez signed on as a judge in the talent show's first post-Simon Cowell year. Within weeks, it was "Simon who?" as Lopez's judging style not only led "American Idol" to again be the top-rated show of the 2010-11 television season, but also gave the world a chance to see the mother of twins' appealing, nurturing side, as well as her better-known sultry persona. She recently agreed to return for a second season of the hit program.

With "American Idol" as a springboard, in February Lopez dropped a single, "On the Floor," featuring Pitbull. The club smash reached No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it Lopez's first Top 10 hit as a lead artist since 2003. "On the Floor," from her seventh solo album "Love?" went on to sell more than 3 million downloads and re-established Lopez as a pop radio princess.

She recently finished filming "What to Expect When You're Expecting" with Cameron Diaz and Elizabeth Banks, and is shooting "Parker," a crime thriller directed by Taylor Hackford.

All the more remarkably, Lopez's behind-the-scenes activity as a world class entrepreneur matches, if not surpasses, her skills in front of the camera. In August, she inked a fashion and lifestyle deal with Kohl's department stores for an unprecedented 21 years, according to Vanity Fair. This is on top of her other endorsements and her staggering 17 perfume brands through Coty, which have earned her a combined $1 billion since 2002, according to the magazine.

Additionally, Lopez, ex-husband Marc Anthony and "American Idol" founder Simon Fuller are producing a talent competition, "Q'Viva: The Chosen," which will focus on discovering top Latin talent.

Record label executive and "X Factor" judge Antonio "L.A." Reid is ardent in his admiration of Lopez's wide-ranging skills. "I am such a fan," he told Vanity Fair. "I think she's the Sophia Loren of our generation."

Lopez scores multimedia trifecta - Entertainment News, Women's Impact Report 2011, Media - Variety

Uh, so where's the gossip?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I saw her clothes at Kohl's and I pretty much didn't like all of it, but I liked Marc's stuff.

All the more remarkably, Lopez's behind-the-scenes activity as a world class entrepreneur matches, if not surpasses, her skills in front of the camera. In August, she inked a fashion and lifestyle deal with Kohl's department stores for an unprecedented 21 years, according to Vanity Fair. This is on top of her other endorsements and her staggering 17 perfume brands through Coty, which have earned her a combined $1 billion since 2002, according to the magazine.
    This is a really sloppy article. Did her perfumes brands earn her $1 billion since 2002? Or all of her ventures combined? And regardless, Forbes estimated her net worth at $110 Million last year.

Has anyone seen her Fiat commercial? So laughable. Her "dancing."
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

she's on every damned commercial anymore.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I saw that about 10 minutes ago. Ridiculous.

Now that's she's ditched Count Chupacabra I look to get sick of seeing her big ass in everything she can find to shake it in for attention.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yes, and I crack up every damn time. And I especially love that she thinks that high-waisted, pleated shorts are flattering.

So does anyone still think she's MV, ala the ENT blind item?

^^ Yes, absolutely. Well, sometimes I think it's Britters, but I always go back to JLo.

Did she write this herself? Maybe her publicist?

and that Fiat commercial is horrible along with that I think I can still dance choreo. And my grammy has those shorts in turquoise I thought she was the only one who would wear something like that.
    & not a single fuck was given...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Yes, and I crack up every damn time. And I especially love that she thinks that high-waisted, pleated shorts are flattering.

They cover the Spanx. That's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    So does anyone still think she's MV, ala the ENT blind item?
    Definitely, always did since someone over there suggested it.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

*8*
    Silver Member

I'm not a fan but it's a smart business move to get all she can while she's in the spotlight, again.

Yes, but we all have to put up with her ridiculous attention whore antics and her retarded, anything-for-money shills. That one and a half dance move she does in the Fiat commercial is beyond stupid and lame. If she's gonna half-ass it, no pun intended, they should have invested more in smoke and mirrors to distract us from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information