Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solange Knowles Gets Weapon Pulled On Her By Police

Silver Member

Default Solange Knowles Gets Weapon Pulled On Her By Police

Theybf.com - Solange Knowles is extra pissy right now. And for good reason. She tweeted her outrage and disappointment with policeman who pulled a weapon on her for no good reason last night.

Solange had a run-in with the Miami police this weekend. And she tweeted what went down and that she's calling to report them. Apparently, she had a run-in with the Miami police department for some reason, then the PD used unnecessary aggressive force and also pulled out a weapon on her:

In the police officer's defense, the color of those pants could be used as a weapon. If I was in close proximity to that fuckery, I would fear for my life, too.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

^^ so true, those pants are an atrocity.
    why did she have to emphasize that she's raising a black child, is she trying to say he pointed the gun on her because she's black or what's her point? i hate twitter.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ^^ so true, those pants are an atrocity.
    why did she have to emphasize that she's raising a black child, is she trying to say he pointed the gun on her because she's black or what's her point? i hate twitter.
    She empasized it because black men (which her son will grow up to be) of ALL social classes are often the targets of police violence- many times unnecessary. She wants things to change so that she doesn't have to worry about her son being a victim of police violence or brutailty.

As the daughter and wife of black men who have both been pulled over and stopped unnecessarily by the police not once but several times (and asked "what are you doing in this neighborhood), I completely agree with her. In fact when I was 17 I was pulled over in my own neighborhood (all-white) and asked what I was doing there. It is a sad reality for blacks and other minorities.

That being said while they may stop you, most cops don't just pull guns on you if you're a female so I wonder what really happened.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    She empasized it because black men (which her son will grow up to be) of ALL social classes are often the targets of police violence- many times unnecessary. She wants things to change so that she doesn't have to worry about her son being a victim of police violence or brutailty.

As the daughter and wife of black men who have both been pulled over and stopped unnecessarily by the police not once but several times (and asked "what are you doing in this neighborhood), I completely agree with her. In fact when I was 17 I was pulled over in my own neighborhood (all-white) and asked what I was doing there. It is a sad reality for blacks and other minorities.
    Sad but true. I sometimes get the occasional stare when I walk down certain streets - at night mainly.

That being said while they may stop you, most cops don't just pull guns on you if you're a female so I wonder what really happened.
    Where is kingcap72 with his "She looks like Orlando Jones" thang? LOL, he'd say the cops mistook Solange for a dude!!!!
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

"DWB" -- driving while black.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post

It isn't just blacks. My son around age 17-18 was constantly getting stopped for no reason I could fathom. The only thing I could come up with was his car. He had a new blue Cavalier. The cops were not much older. I decided they wanted to see the car! It was annoying after the first 3 or so times.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

McJag! annoying but funny...

I wanna know what she DID. Apparently it involved a five foot tall inflatable banana?! Another paper pointed out that this comes "in the middle of Beyonce's baby news"--I dunno, I don't follow either of these chicks, but if so, well, three words: "sibling" "rivalry" "attention"!

Beyonce’s sister, with giant banana, has run-in with Miami Beach police - Miami Beach - MiamiHerald.com

By Perry Stein

pstein@miamiherald.com

The Miami Beach Police Department confirmed Monday that it was investigating allegations that an officer pulled a weapon on Solange Knowles, the younger sister of pop-superstar Beyonce Knowles.
    The incident, according to police, transpired after Knowles became hostile after she was not let into a Miami Beach club with a five-foot tall inflatable banana.
    It is unclear whether a weapon was actually drawn, but Juan Sanchez, spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department, described the event as ‘really outrageous.’
    The younger Knowles took to Twitter on Sunday to express her anger over the incident, which she claimed was the result of “discrimination.”
    “I have literally had my last leg with discriminating police! Miami police department will be notified,” she first tweeted. “A police officer just pulled a weapon on me.... I have done NOTHING illegal, against the law, or anything of the sort.”
    Knowles’ public rant against the police lasted for nine tweets.
    “I’m only tweeting this to raise awareness. I could have left quietly, but I am sick & tired of this scenario being played over & over again,” she wrote. “It is time to do something about it. I am a mother raising a young black child in America. Im going to die trying!”
    In her tweets, Knowles indicated that she had the name of the officer who pulled the weapon and would be filing a formal complaint.
    A representative for the entertainer could not be reached for comment.
    Because Knowles identified the police department in question as the Miami Police Department, many first believed that the allegations were against the City of Miami, not Miami Beach.
    Cmdr. Delrish Moss, spokesman for the Miami Police Department, said his department investigated the allegations after first hearing of the tweets.
    “Over the weekend, the lion’s share of the mainstream and entertainment media reported that the Miami Police Department had a confrontation with Solange Knowles, the sister of Beyonce Knowles of record and movie fame. We have investigated and found that this incident DID NOT occur in our city,” Moss said in a written statement.
    Knowles is known for her singing and dancing career and appearances in films such as Johnson Family Vacation. On Sunday night, she did also tweet about her big sister’s surprise pregnancy announcement at MTV’s Video Music Award Show (VMAs).
    “One.And.Only. I could not possibly be more proud. Tears in my eyes,” she tweeted.

Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

You know it is killing her that they have to describe her as Beyonce's sister. LOL I sure hope there is video of this somewhere.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

C'mon, you know that the club is hawking that security tape....

it has to be racist. White people are let into clubs with giant inflatable bananas all of the time
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

You don't have to be black to be pulled over illegally or harassed my cops. Maybe cops in general are dumbasses. I used to be one. So there.

When I was 16, I was pulled over in a WHITE neighborhood late at night after taking some friends home. Cop said there was a "robbery reported in the area". I guess a teenage white girl with glasses and a Janis Joplin t-shirt, driving a hand-me-down Mitsubishi Mirage looks like a robbery suspect for sure. I had a stick of incense burning from a crack in my dash (I was going through a hippie phase). Cop tossed my car. I was too naive to know he needed probable cause and I could have said "no" without a warrant. I'd never had so much as a sip of beer at that age, much less was smoking weed. He let me go after a thorough search.

Whatever your race, know your rights. Also, not everything is race related.

Solange made this about her being black when it was really about her insisting on bringing a 5 foot inflatable banana into a club. The cop's knife came out, allegedly, to deflate the banana.

I understand the prior posts but to ignore the fact that blacks and other minorities are pulled over and harassed by the police far more often than non-minorities is pointless. It is so common that it even has a name- driving while black. And the fact is that due to racism, minorities, especially black people, with sons have burdens that whites simply do not- for example we have to teach our sons not to move AT ALL when stopped by the police unless you ask permission first. That is to prevent them from getting shot.

I will get off of my soapbox but in my line of work I see a lot a people arrested and harassed for nothing other than being black. For example in my city they enacted a stop and frisk policy and in the first year 80% of the people stopped were black men and less than 10% of hose stops resulted in an arrest. After ignoring the issue for months, our paper
    reported on it. It is ridiculous and while "not everything" in life is about race the simple fact is that race plays a HUGE factor in police investigations. It is what it is.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

^^Exactly. Step into any Sociology 101 class and you'll learn about "driving while black".
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

All along Rte 30 on the Main Line you will see the local police most often pull over blacks and will send back up too. My daughter was only 5 when we were driving through our own town, she saw a black man in the car next to us and asked if the cop was going to pull him over. I asked why she would think that when he wasn;t doing anything wrong and she said it was because she always see the black men talking to policemen at their cars. If a 5 yo notices it, it is a problem. Things have gotten better since a black minister was pulled over in Ardmore and made a stink about it. I do believe that there should be a race box checked off on the tickets. That would allow us to track percentages.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information