Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ‘Suicide bid’ by Tudors’ Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Default ‘Suicide bid’ by Tudors’ Jonathan Rhys Meyers

TROUBLED telly hunk Jonathan Rhys Meyers was taken to hospital by ambulance after a suspected suicide attempt.

Hellraiser Meyers - Henry VIII in BBC series The Tudors - is believed to have downed pills at his £3million home.

Paramedics answering a 999 call found him slumped on the floor. But they had to call police after he refused treatment at the scene for more than 30 minutes. A source said: "This is very sad. It was the opinion of those present that he tried to take his life."

The 33-year-old - who has been battling a drink problem - was finally taken to a hospital near his home in Maida Vale, Central London, on Tuesday night.

He was discharged in the early hours yesterday. Asked later how he was, red-eyed Meyers told The Sun: "No comment."

Yesterday a woman neighbour said: "I saw the ambulance arriving and was worried to death.

"Jonathan is a lovely guy. You see him all the time in the street. He says hello and is very pleasant. I hope he is fine."

Earlier this month he checked into a five-star rehabilitation centre in South Africa - his fifth stint in rehab. Irish-born Meyers has starred in movies including Alexander and Bend It Like Beckham and is a former Hugo Boss model.

He has spoken before about his booze hell. And he admitted: "When I do drink I'm like Bambi. I'm all over the place like a 16-year-old kid."

Last night Scotland Yard confirmed: "Officers were called by London Ambulance Service following reports of a man refusing treatment. The man was taken to hospital."

This is sad. I think it took Steven Tyler 7 times in rehab, maybe there is hope.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

No no, Johnny boy. I will make you feel all better.

fgg

he definitely brings the crazy. hope he gets the help he needs.

Jeez. I hope he comes out the other side.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

sad

This guy is obviously completely miserable in his life. Let him go if he wants to go.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That's so sad. I know he had problems before, but I think his mother dying was devastating for him. I hope he gets some help. He's such a talented actor.

So the cops get called if you refuse treatment?
    It's a shame that Jonathan is so troubled.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    That's so sad. I know he had problems before, but I think his mother dying was devastating for him. I hope he gets some help. He's such a talented actor.
    yeah

He is such a talented actor, but he definitely has had some inner demons of some type. I remember reading about that big ol' bender he went on after his mother died. Very sad - I hope he gets the help that he needs.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

is he in the closet too? I'm only wondering b/c I know that can be torture on someone's psyche to keep something like that inside meanwhile battling booze, drugs and death of a loved one and trying to keep your career afloat

He's a horrible actor. I think the only thing he was ever good in was that rock star movie he did, can't remember the name. He was god freaking AWFUL in The Tudors.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Velvet Goldmine
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    is he in the closet too? I'm only wondering b/c I know that can be torture on someone's psyche to keep something like that inside meanwhile battling booze, drugs and death of a loved one and trying to keep your career afloat
    I've read about his girlfriend, but he could have gotten her at Girlfriends-R-Us.

I hated him at first in The Tudors then I grew to love him, thinking of him as a different version of Henry VIII. I loved him in Match Point and Velvet Goldmine. He's so beautiful.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information