Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florence Henderson [Brady Bunch mom] got crabs after one night stand

Default Florence Henderson [Brady Bunch mom] got crabs after one night stand

Brady Bunch mom got crabs in affair with NY mayor

By Dean Goodman | Reuters Sat, Jun 25, 2011

• Actress Florence Henderson arrives at the taping of the 5th annual TV Land Awards

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - This would have made an interesting episode of "The Brady Bunch."
    Florence Henderson, the actress who played perky mom Carol Brady in the beloved family sitcom, says she once got crabs after a one-night-stand with career politician John Lindsay, who was the mayor of New York City at the time.
    Henderson, now 77, recounts in her upcoming memoir that she was cheating on her husband during the 1960s, and gave in to her better judgment when her married and unattractive friend put the moves on her over drinks at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
    "I was lonely. I knew it wasn't the right thing to do. So, what did I do? I did it," she writes in "Life is Not a Stage," set for publication in September.
    Henderson went home later that night, and awoke to a grisly surprise the next day as she saw "little black things" crawling over her bed and body.
    An urgent call to a doctor took care of the problem, known medically as pubic lice, and Lindsay sent her flowers and a note of apology.
    "Guess I learned the hard way that crabs do not discriminate but cross over all socioeconomic strata," Henderson writes. "He must have had quite the active life. What a way to put the kibosh on a relationship."
    Lindsay, who died in 2000, was mayor of New York from 1966 to 1973. Before that, he was a U.S. congressman. He launched a brief bid for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1972. His wife of 51 years died in 2004.
    Henderson is probably best known for her work on "The Brady Bunch," a comedy about a blended family that ran between 1969 and 1974 and remains popular worldwide.
    But the book devotes only a chapter to that part of her life, and she shoots down the oft-told story that she had an off-screen affair with Barry Williams, who played her eldest teen-aged stepson, Greg Brady.
    "Barry did have a serious crush on me, which I understood and helped him get past," Henderson writes. "Let us just say that if he had entertained a roll in the hay with me, I would never have done it."
    The two, separated in age by 20 years, remain good friends to this day, she adds.
    For the most part, the book focuses on Henderson's childhood in an abusive home, her struggles with papal edicts about birth control, her Broadway stardom, and her second marriage to her therapist. Co-written with Joel Brokaw, it will be published by Hachette's Center Street imprint on September 20.
    Brady Bunch mom got crabs in affair with NY mayor - Yahoo! News
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

File this under stuff I really didn't want to know.

...gross.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh lord.

Gold Member

Yikes! This woman is in her 70s and has written a book about her life and the story she picks is that one?
    Does she think no one would buy the book if there weren't "dirty" things in it?

LOL! My friend actually yelled out one time, "Carol Brady has crabs!" but we were talking about a girl we knew so we were kinda right. lol

TMI!!
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    File this under stuff I really didn't want to know.
    Thank you! I did NOT need to know this about Mrs. Brady!

Elite Member

That is a thread title I never thought I'd read!

The title was enough. Didn't read it but I had to see what everyone said.

Ohhh Mike dear....

I lol'd! I like that Flo Henderson seems like a straightforward, matter-of-fact kind of betch. I bet she'd be fun to have drinks with.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I lol'd! I like that Flo Henderson seems like a straightforward, matter-of-fact kind of betch. I bet she'd be fun to have drinks with.
    Exactly. I'm so amused that she's blunt.

I'm really surprised at the marriage to her therapist more than I'm surprised at the crabs.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

ewww we really wanted to know that. i thought she died.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

I thought crabs were white. Same as head lice but in the pubes.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Screw the TMI factor. Life is full of TMI. I applaud her for documenting it all. Plus, I LOLed.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information