Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga Claims She Went Bankrupt to Entertain Her Fans

Default Lady Gaga Claims She Went Bankrupt to Entertain Her Fans

whoppers

Lady Gaga Went Bankrupt to Entertain Her Fans (Or So She Says)

The Financial Times has a long interview with Lady Gaga conducted by British actor/author Stephen Fry which the paper will publish over the weekend. We were given a little sneak peek of what Gaga said to Fry during the exchange, and she makes some insane claims, including that she went bankrupt funding her Monster Ball tour.

Here is my new favorite Lady Gaga quote in which she talks about what she's done with all her new-found riches:
    The only big things I've purchased are my dad's heart valve and a Rolls Royce for my parents, for their anniversary. And that was only because my dad had a Lady Gaga license plate on our old car and it was making me crazy because he was getting followed everywhere, so I bought him a new car. Other than that, I put everything in the show and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of the Monster Ball.
    Let's break this down. First of all, it's very sweet she bought her father a heart valve because you want to keep your parents healthy, naturally. But the Rolls Royce story is pretty nuts. She didn't want her name on her dad's junky jalopy so she bought him a Rolls Royce so her name would look good? Again, it's sweet to do nice things for your parents, but you do those things because they gave you life and paid for your private school and raised you right, not so your name is associated with a fancy car.

And we do know she's spent her money on a couple other items along the way. There was a house on Martha's Vineyard and a piece of a restaurant on the Upper West Side that has since closed. So she's bought at least a few other things.

As for the bankruptcy story, well, that seems a little far-fetched. She might have laid down some coin to make her show—which has always been considered a first-rate extravaganza—but she's also making a ton of money for doing it all around the world. It's not a bankruptcy, it's an investment. Don't try to make yourself into a martyr for your art, Gaga.

Speaking of playing the martyr, she says, again, that the media has gotten the Gaga/Madonna comparison all wrong:
    In fact, you know, it does not annoy me at all. Do you know what does annoy me? When journalists try to make it look like it annoys me. Because I genuinely love her so much. I think she is so amazing. She could never be replicated and, yes, I'm Italian, I'm from New York, and not for nothing, it's not my fault that I kind of look like her, right? So, look, if anything it's more annoying to me that people would insinuate that I don't like to be compared to her.
    At least this time she didn't call it "retarded".

Lady Gaga Went Bankrupt to Entertain Her Fans (Or So She Says)

I think if most people saw a car with a gaga license plate they would assume it was some asshole fantard. I can't imagine people were actually following him.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

yeah, cause strapping dildos to your head entertains the masses. fuck right off.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

She looks like Tim the Enchanter, from Python's Holy Grail

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

^You're right! I love that movie.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

DAP

Yeah, the bankruptcy story is a bit out there. No doubt she put a he'll of a lot of money for her shows and outfits, but her tour has made hundreds of millions of dollars. Plus with her new album, she'll get her money back and more.

Investments, hon.

and even if she doesn't get it back... blaming your fans for your financial problems = bad idea.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

In fact, you know, it does not annoy me at all. Do you know what does annoy me? When journalists try to make it look like it annoys me. Because I genuinely love her so much. I think she is so amazing. She could never be replicated and, yes, I'm Italian, I'm from New York, and not for nothing, it's not my fault that I kind of look like her, right? So, look, if anything it's more annoying to me that people would insinuate that I don't like to be compared to her.
    Madonna is from Detroit, not NY. And you do NOT look anything like her! Madonna was cute / pretty back in her prime (Like a Virgin days).

She had Virgin Mobile as a tour sponsor, sponsors foot a very big part of a tour bill. She left that little part out of her bullshit story.

Is it just me that thinks the person who wrote this misunderstood what she meant about the car? I read it as she bought a new car so that he wouldn't have to drive around with the Gaga number plate. Not that she wanted it put on a nicer car.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She looks like Tim the Enchanter, from Python's Holy Grail

That's the first thing I thought, too! ROTFL!

Let's see: she chooses to be all gimicky and outrageous...then blames the fans.

Dumb bitch.

Bronze Member

Is it just me that thinks the person who wrote this misunderstood what she meant about the car? I read it as she bought a new car so that he wouldn't have to drive around with the Gaga number plate. Not that she wanted it put on a nicer car.
    That was my take on it also.

Gaga had corporate sponsors for the Monster Ball. Does she want to play the martyr now, as well as the saviour of all the generation? Suck my dick Gaga.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Save your money. You're not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Can't you just get new plates?

eta: this is strange.. I swear I was in the other thread when I posted this pic (took the photo out)
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information