Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay Lohan to play Victoria Gotti in an upcoming film? John Travolta to play Don.

fgg

Default Lindsay Lohan to play Victoria Gotti in an upcoming film? John Travolta to play Don.

Lindsay Lohan & Victoria Gotti Meet Up in N.Y.C.

By Isley Kasica and Liz McNeil
    Tuesday April 12, 2011 02:25 PM EDT

Separated at birth?

Not quite, but if Lindsay Lohan wants to play Victoria Gotti in an upcoming film about the famous family, Gotti: Three Generations, the actress certainly looked the part. Rumors have been circulating that Lohan, 24, is gunning for the role, and her appearance at a press event Tuesday in New York did noting to dispel chatter.

"Lindsay is a terrific actress," said Marc Fiore, the movie's producer, at the event at the Sheraton Hotel, which also drew out Lohan's mother, Dina. "Nothing has been finalized, but we are definitely in talks."

And while Lohan hasn't locked down the role, Victoria Gotti is a fan.

"I think she's incredible," Gotti said. "I think she's a great actress. I think she can do ... any role, really."

"I've always said that to her mom [Dina] when we met many years ago," Gotti continued. "Just watching her in The Parent Trap, I thought was adorable and she's a good kid."

Gotti: Three Generations is set to be directed by Nick Cassavetes, and John Travolta has already signed on to play Victoria's father, John Gotti, a mobster who was the boss of the Gambino crime family in New York City. Travolta's daughter, Ella Bleu, has also been cast in the film, though her exact role hasn't been announced. And Joe Pesci has been confirmed to play Angelo Ruggiero, John Gotti's second in command.

"I know first hand that Lindsay Lohan happens to be a big fan of mine," Travolta said at the event. "I've always thought she was gorgeous and talented and filled with a lot of depth. So, I think that whatever she would like to do would be great with me."

And Victoria adds that Lohan has lots of fans and supporters.

"She had a little bit of a bumpy road recently," she said. "I think she's doing great; I think she's going to continue to do great and she's got a lot of people rooting for her."
    Lindsay Lohan to Play Victoria Gotti in Gotti: Three Generations Movie? : People.com
    Last edited by fgg; April 13th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Lindsay Lohan isn't a good actress, she's only done fun stuff like Mean Girls and Herbie. Nothing serious.
    But I like that Joe Pesci's in it. I like the little guy.

I'm really surprised someone wants to work w/her again.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Lindsay looks older than Victoria. Who is 48.

^^ lol Yea, she does look older and rougher.

But then who will play Victoria in her younger years?

99% sure no studio in LA will hire/be able to insure her. Case closed.

Not only because of her criminal record, pending criminal charges, past work history (not showing up on set, aggravating co workers, etc.) ...but she hasn't had an *legitimate* piece of work since "Mean Girls"

And by *legitimate* I mean, a studio movie that people actually saw.

SIDENOTE:
    Travolta's daughter, Ella Bleu, has also been cast in the film, though her exact role hasn't been announced.
    Willow Smith as Annie, Jaden has Karate Kid 2 coming out, produced by daddy... Now here comes the Travolta spawn...
    add all Cruise's projects into the mix and CO$ will be taking over the film industry

The Travoltas have already spent years trying to force their daughter into stardom. (and yes, the kid is remarkably untalented, as one would expect with those two thespians as parents.)
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Bronze Member

they look the same age.

Omg! Lindsay looks the same age as Victoria. I'm surprised anyone wants to work with Lindsay again especially with all her current legal drama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    But then who will play Victoria in her younger years?

99% sure no studio in LA will hire/be able to insure her. Case closed.

Not only because of her criminal record, pending criminal charges, past work history (not showing up on set, aggravating co workers, etc.) ...but she hasn't had an *legitimate* piece of work since "Mean Girls"

And by *legitimate* I mean, a studio movie that people actually saw.
    Agree I think this is just about publicity. They're probably paying her to make appearances or something. I think Stuttering John of Howard Stern fame is involved with this movie. I'll be surprised if it even gets made.

I also cannot imagine any studio in Hollywood that would be willing to work with this broke down, washed up trainwreck.

That weave/wig thing on Victoria's head is godawful...
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

fgg

John Travolta: Working With Lindsay Lohan Would Be "Great"

From starlet to mob princess?

Lindsay Lohan is currently in talks to play Victoria Gotti in a movie about Gambino family boss John Gotti starring John Travolta as the late Don. And the Pulp Fiction star, 57, tells UsMagazine.com that he'd be thrilled to have the troubled actress, 24, play his daughter.

"I know whatever she would like to do would be great," Travolta said at a press conference for the flick in NYC Tuesday. Then he joked, "I know first hand, Lindsay happens to be a very big fan of mine from years ago when she was a little girl and liked [Grease's] Danny Zuko and [Welcome Back Kotter's] Vinny Barborino, so I always thought she was gorgeous and talented and filled with a lot of depth!"

While blonde-again Lohan did pose next to Victoria (highlighting their similar features), she kept mum about playing the author and star of Growing Up Gotti, now 48. But her mother Dina Lohan said she would definitely "support" her little girl taking on the role.

"I'm really dear friends with Victoria," said Dina, 48. "She brought Mark Fiore, the producer, to me and said she wanted Lindsay to play her and that she respects Lindsay as an actor. I love Victoria, so it's win win!"

Likewise, John Gotti, who died in 2002 at the age of 61, would have apparently been pleased with the casting of Travolta. Asked if his father had been a fan of the Saturday Night Fever star, Gotti's son, John Gotti Jr. replied, "Absolutely, in the '70s and '80s, who wasn't a John Travolta fan?"

To research the role, Travolta has been spending time with Gotti Jr. and the two have found much in common.

"His father lost a son, and I lost a son and we discussed that in depth and how painful that is and how painful it was for his father," said the actor, who's 16-year-old son Jett died in 2009. "It was an amazing kind of evening. It was quintessential for this, and even if I hadn't done the movie, I'd love him anyways."

Poor John truly has a death wish...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Will it be a comedy?

I see JT has his hair hat on again. Too bad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information