Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Michael Jackson Subject Blanket to Unnecessary Anesthesia?

Default Did Michael Jackson Subject Blanket to Unnecessary Anesthesia?

A fatal dose of the anesthetic Propofol led to the demise of Michael Jackson, and Dr. Conrad Murray will be tried for involuntary manslaughter as a result.

Part of Murray's defense may be Jackson pressuring, even begging him for drugs. While this story is separate, it may speak to MJ's power of persuasion.

According to a TMZ report, Michael subjected one of his kids - Blanket - to the same kind of risky, unorthodox medical treatment that later killed him.

In 2008, Michael reportedly cajoled a Las Vegas dentist into performing a procedure on Blanket in which he was put under anesthesia for two hours in a dental office.

An office that did not have the necessary permit for anesthesia.

The Nevada Board of Dental Examiners kept records of MJ's interactions with Dr. Mark Tadrissi, who initially refused to work on Blanket due to the lack of permit.

According to the Board's investigator, MJ didn't want to hear about permits and told the doctor, "Have an anesthesiologist do whatever type of sedation required."

Tadrissi capitulated and performed the two-hour procedure on Blanket, who was just six at the time. An anesthesiologist had Blanket sedated the entire time.

Here's where it gets even weirder.

The Board learned of Tadrissi's actions after Michael died and initiated disciplinary action against Tadrissi for allowing Blanket to be anesthetized in his office.

The Board also went after Dr. Tadrissi for allowing Jackson to receive - you guessed it - Propofol in his office, without the proper permit for that drug either.

Dr. Tadrissi was sanctioned in 2010.

In a draft of the report, the Board based sanctions on his treatment of Blanket and Michael. However, in the final version of the report Blanket was absent.

There is no mention of the boy or his treatment.

A source connected with the investigation says pressure was put on the Board to omit Blanket from the report. From who, it's very much unclear.

All that is clear is that Michael Jackson got what he wanted when it came to risky medical procedures, and may have put his youngest at risk.

Did Michael Jackson Subject Blanket to Unnecessary Anesthesia? - The Hollywood Gossip

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

whynot, he dangled him over a 10th story balcony
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Maybe the kid was in hysterics about having his teeth drilled and MJ slapped up the money to have the kid knocked out.

With small kids they do send them to sleep to take teeth out don't they?

Horrible.
    How did he have full-custody of his children when he clearly had shown un-stable behavior throughout the years? And I'm talking aside from the molestation charges...

Why? Just because he had money, or just because was who he was, he had the authority/allowed to do whatever he wanted to his children, like unnecessarily sedate them?

Sedating a small kid for a two-hour dental procedure doesn't sound out of the ordinary, but why not just take him to a dentist or an oral surgeon who is licensed?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post

Horrible.
    How did he have full-custody of his children when he clearly had shown un-stable behavior throughout the years? And I'm talking aside from the molestation charges...

Why? Just because he had money, or just because was who he was, he had the authority/allowed to do whatever he wanted to his children, like unnecessarily sedate them?
    It doesnt say why the kid was sedated, he might have needed to be, but the place they were at just didnt have the proper licence? (Articles a bit misleading) MJ controlled everyone around him with money and gifts. People rolled over for it.

Debbie Rowe is the mother of two of 'his' kids, apart from Blanket. She was bought out, legally as well. Not to mention she's batshit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    It doesnt say why the kid was sedated, he might have needed to be, but the place they were at just didnt have the proper licence? (Articles a bit misleading) MJ controlled everyone around him with money and gifts. People rolled over for it.

Debbie Rowe is the mother of two of 'his' kids, apart from Blanket. She was bought out, legally as well. Not to mention she's batshit too.
    Other people's money since his own wasn't too healthy ...

Hit By Ban Bus!

What are they talking about when they MJ's "power of persuasion" like he's some hypnotist or something. He slaps down the money and the person agreed. That's not persuasion, that's someone choosing to take money and break the law. Keep looking long enough and you will find a scum bag that will do it.

I don't doubt that he did that. He seemed to think nothing of taking shitloads of drugs himself, he probably thought nothing of having some given to his kid for a dental procedure. He really seemed to think that sedation was a good thing, didn't he?
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

It doesnt say why the kid was sedated, he might have needed to be, but the place they were at just didnt have the proper licence? (Articles a bit misleading)
    True.
    My father is a dentist. And the only procedures that come to mind that take that long to preform are: root canals, tooth extraction, and veneers.
    (god help the boy if Jackson signed him up for veneers at 6 years old).

None the less, complete sedation isn't the first "go-to" for those procedures.
    As someone else pointed out - it's strange that Jackson didn't just take Blanket to a licensed office/dentist when the dentist initially refused to work on him.

I just don't understand why doctors risk their patients health (and some cases, lives) and losing their licenses/practices for this kind of stuff. Completely disregard their knowledge, experience, judgement, and the law for whatever a patient wants.

For what? A shiny new car? Fifty grand? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sure Jacko didn't take him to a licensed because the procedure itself was veneers, something an ethical dentist wouldn't have done on a six year old. Reminds me of Britney Spears who, before she lost custody, tried to get a dentist to whiten her baby's teeth which were damaged from drinking soda and sugary drinks.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Maybe the kid was in hysterics about having his teeth drilled and MJ slapped up the money to have the kid knocked out.

With small kids they do send them to sleep to take teeth out don't they?

My daughter had a tooth pulled last year and was not put to sleep. They gave her that laughing gas. She was awake, although disoriented, the whole time.

One of my kids had a tooth pulled. The dentist numbed the area with Novocaine beforehand. Pulling a tooth is a fairly quick procedure. I wouldn't think they'd put a child to sleep for that.

Let's talk this one out:

1. MJ was a known pedophile
    2. None of those kids are biologically his.
    3. He paid a woman who is obviously cerbrally comatose for full custody of said kids.
    4. MJ was a known pedophile.
    5. THOSE ARE NOT HIS KIDS.

perhaps this was an upgraded version of his "Jeezus juice"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information