Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Penn on Robin Wright Divorce: “I Just Got Taken for One Half of Everything”

Default Sean Penn on Robin Wright Divorce: “I Just Got Taken for One Half of Everything”

Sean Penn on Robin Wright Divorce: “I Just Got Taken for One Half of Everything” - OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News

Sean Penn on Robin Wright Divorce: “I Just Got Taken for One Half of Everything”
    January 5th, 2011 6:37 pm / Author: Brittany Talarico SHARE

Sean Penn is definitely feeling bitter about his divorce from Robin Wright. The Oscar-winner and activist has been dedicating himself as a full-time volunteer in the dilapidated nation of Haiti, but is also dealing with some personal issue stateside.

Sean, 50, relocated to the impoverished country to aid in relief efforts after the Jan. 12, 2010, earthquake ravaged the nation.

“I had nothing pressing,” he told The Hollywood Reporter of exiting Tinseltown for a while. “I got practical issues, like everyone else…I had just got taken for one half of everything I had in the divorce, so it’s not like I don’t have to work.”

Sean and Robin ended their relationship for good in August 2009, when she filed divorce papers. The couple — who have two children together, son Hopper, 16, and daughter Dylan, 19 — had been together since 1989 and wed in 1996.

“A much more profound change in life for me personally was not being able to raise my son in a whole family through high school,” Sean said of dealing with his divorce.

Currently, Sean is leading a camp of 55,000 displaced people in Haiti.

“When I first came to Haiti, the decision was to go for two weeks,” he shared. “There’s a great thing Paul Newman said about his long marriage: ‘As it turns out, we still love each other.’ That’s how I feel: ‘As it turns out, I’m still here.’ ”

The actor has always had conflicting beliefs about his A-list status and recognized his sense of distance from Hollywood.

“Let’s face it,” adds the star. “I’m a person that feels pretty alienated from the rest of the world and never felt understood by anyone.”

So, will he be returning home?

“There’s no end point,” he said. “This is where I’ll be when I’m not working, for the rest of my life.”
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

Why do celebs talk about having to work, as if it's the same thing as the rest of us. I wonder if this is why they reconciled so much, he didn't want to give up half of everything. Sounds like a jerk.

“Let’s face it,” adds the star. “I’m a person that feels pretty alienated from the rest of the world and never felt understood by anyone.”

Don't we all, Sean. Boo hoo.

Sean Penn's net worth is $150 million. He could live out the rest of his life on a fraction of that in luxury not working another minute. His remarks are insensitive anywhere but especially in Haiti among the homeless. He says wants to raise his son, but it's either full time or nothing, since he says he's either going to be working or in Haiti. What an ass.

Bunch of sites estimating the same number or thereabouts, here's one:
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...enn-net-worth/

Tough shit, you big-nosed crybaby bitch! she worked and earned money too so shut the fuck up!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

God damned right you owed her half! She worked too and also stuck with your psycho ass for a couple of decades and raised your kids so you could have the career you've had, Spiccoli.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

He didn't lose half of everything because his massive ego is still intact.

Asshole.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

you weren't taken you shittard! you took from her forever!! wtf

i love he comes off as thinking he's jesus christ or some shit. cant stand this douche ANYMORE!

Maybe if he didn't stick his dick into every hole he could find, he'd still be married.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

No sympathy here. None whatsoever. "Not like I don't have to work" indeed.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I hope he doesn't honestly think people are going to feel sorry for him?!

If you wanted your son to be raised in an intact family, you should have been a better husband you self centered egotistical bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
    Sean Penn's net worth is $150 million. He could live out the rest of his life on a fraction of that in luxury not working another minute. His remarks are insensitive anywhere but especially in Haiti among the homeless. He says wants to raise his son, but it's either full time or nothing, since he says he's either going to be working or in Haiti. What an ass.

Bunch of sites estimating the same number or thereabouts, here's one:
    Sean Penn Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

^^ Unbelievable. Even if she took half he's still worth 75 million. Thats 75 MILLION!! Those people you're helping, their great grandchildren will never see that kind of money. And you have the nerve to play the victim card? Seriously. It's really sad. What's sadder is, unfortuneatly, I'd still let him hit it.
    "I'm sorry, but I don't date ugly people."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    If you wanted your son to be raised in an intact family, you should have been a better husband you self centered egotistical bitch.
    this!

Jesus. That happens to a lot of people, and they don't have tens of millions left.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I hope he doesn't honestly think people are going to feel sorry for him?!

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information