Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'He was not a father': Jamie Lee Curtis opens up after Tony Curtis' death

Default 'He was not a father': Jamie Lee Curtis opens up after Tony Curtis' death

Jamie Lee Curtis has opened up about her father Tony Curtis, saying he was 'not a father'
    In a frank interview the actress, 51, talked for the first time since the Hollywood legend died aged 85 of a heart attack on September 29.
    On U.S. show The Talk she said: 'The invention of Tony Curtis was his life.
    'He was in the navy, he was present for the Japanese surrender in Tokyo Bay - then he became this whole other thing, he changed his name and he changed his life.

He was not a father: Jamie Lee Curtis opened up about the death of her father Tony Curtis as she appeared on The Talk

'Children, as we all know, are complicated and messy. He was not a father and he was not interested in being a father.'
    Jamie Lee, who was estranged from her father for much of her life, said she was not upset by the fact she was not particularly close to him.
    'It's not a slant against him, he was very clear,' she said.
    'He did what he was supposed to do from a financial standpoint, which was honourable of him but he was not an involved father.'

Frank interview: Curtis talks to Sharon Osbourne about her famous father

At Curtis' funeral service earlier this month Jamie Lee had cried as she paid tribute to the man she described as, 'A little mashugana [the Yiddish word for crazy] but always full of life.
    'We are the evidence of him. We walk the walk led by him. All of us got something from him. I, of course, got his desperate need for attention,' she joked.
    Curtis, was father-of-six and an inveterate womaniser who married six times and had high-profile girlfriends including Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood.
    One of the biggest box office stars of the 1950s, he appeared in Billy Wilder's Some Like It Hot with Monroe and Jack Lemmon and won an Oscar nomination for 1959'sThe Defiant Ones, in which he starred with Sidney Poitier.

Baby Jamie with her older sister Kelly and father Tony Curtis and mother Janet Leigh in 1959

Read more: 'He was not a father': Jamie Lee Curtis opens up after Tony Curtis' death | Mail Online

I like that she's honest about him and that didn't change with his death.

Off topic: The Talk is hosted by Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini?! Sharon I could sometimes handle, but I hope I never even accidentally go by that show while channelsurfing, because that sounds terribly annoying.

And there are four other hosts, but I can't get past Leah Remini.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

^ I agree. Tony Curtis was in danger of being sanctified. He often gave TMI about Jamie Lee Curtis. His interviews were not discreet and didn't even make sense half the time (in his later years.) He just straight up wanted a boobalicious girlfriend. I'm surprised he didn't get with Anna Nicole Smith. Or maybe he did.

Ive watched every episode of their first week. I just cant take Leah tho. Holly Robinson Peet and the girl from the Rosanne Barr show. They are having some great guests and not as annoying as the view.
    Jaime lee is awesome. Keeps it real!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Leah Remini AND Holly Robinson-Pete? Both are so unbelievable annoying. I'd rather watch my kid blow snot bubbles out of his nose.
    "I'm sorry, but I don't date ugly people."

I've never liked Jamie Lee and she's always seemed like a real bitch - not the fun, awesome kind of bitch, but the hurt-your-feelings-just-because-she-can kind. But I kinda find myself warming up to her lately. She certainly looks good here and I like the purple sheath on her.

The Talk is hosted by at least 6 women.. Lisa, Holly, Sharon, Sara, Marissa, and Julie Chen...who is the wife of CBS Executive Les Moonves. The show is the brain child of Sara Gilbert.

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I bet it would be easier to figure out which Hollywood stars from that era actually cared about being a good dad. You could probably count them on one hand.

Elite Member

She seems to have done a very good job accepting him for what he was, not what he wasn't. I bet it took a lot of therapy. I have always liked her.

She doesn't sounds like she hated him or as though she's really insulting him. She's being honest and I love her and her husband
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I bet it would be easier to figure out which Hollywood stars from that era actually cared about being a good dad. You could probably count them on one hand.
    That was probably true of normal folks too. Most dads then were of the mindset that mothers handled the kids and they made the living.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

'The invention of Tony Curtis was his life.
    ^ um hello, thats how every movie star is! thats why i say time and time again that celebrities should not be able to breed! their self-preservation and creation is all they care about.

side note; i love Jamie Lee and I think her mom was so fucking beautiful

Wow, not a flattering photo, but why should it be??? Shes 51, not 25. Although..still..
    Jack I swear.

I can totally relate to her. I've had no contact with my Dad for over 15 years and we are both okay with it. I still love him, he's my Dad, but he just isn't capable of the father/daughter relationship.

He is also a womanizer and I guess I've always put his emotional distance down to the idea that he views all women as sexual objects. My sister and I are obviously women, but we can't be sexual women, so therefore we can't be :-)
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Wow, not a flattering photo, but why should it be??? Shes 51, not 25. Although..still..

Jamie Lee Curtis just isn't a very attractive man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information