Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologizes for saying N-word on the air

Default Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologizes for saying N-word on the air

Dr. Laura apologizes for saying N-word on the air - Yahoo! News

LOS ANGELES Talk radio host Dr. Laura Schlessinger has issued an apology for saying the N-word several times in an on-air conversation with a caller that she said was "hypersensitive" to racism.

Schlessinger said on her website Wednesday that she was wrong in using the word for what she called an attempt to make a philosophical point.

"I articulated the N-word all the way out more than one time," Schlessinger said in comments from the opening of her radio show that she posted on her site. "And that was wrong. I'll say it again that was wrong."

She said she "realized I had made a horrible mistake, and was so upset, I could not finish the show."

Schlessinger said she pulled herself off the air at the end of the hour.

During the exchange on Tuesday's show, Schlessinger said the woman who called herself Jade was too sensitive for complaining that her husband's friends made racist comments about her in their home.

When the woman asked if the N-word was offensive, Dr. Laura said "black guys say it all the time," then went on to repeat it several times.

Schlessinger did not direct the epithet at the woman, but said she used it to suggest how often she hears it, and that it should not automatically be cause for offense.

When the caller objected, Schlessinger replied: "Oh, then I guess you don't watch HBO or listen to any black comedians."

Schlessinger also said that if the caller did not have a sense of humor about race, she shouldn't have entered into an interracial marriage.

Wait a minute, someone made racist comments about the caller while in her home and Dr. Laura tells her to suck it up and have a sense of humor about it? Are you kidding?

Dr. Laura is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen, cannot stand anything about her. Wasn't it her Mom that was found dead in her home after lying there for days?

Wasn't she involved in an affair with nudie pictures any everything? I can't stand this woman.

Schlessinger also said that if the caller did not have a sense of humor about race, she shouldn't have entered into an interracial marriage.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Dr. Laura is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen, cannot stand anything about her. Wasn't it her Mom that was found dead in her home after lying there for days?
    Yep. And it was her son who wrote Neo-Nazi web pages.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

Wow, Dr. Laura is still on the air?! WHY?
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

I thought she was long gone too. They'll slap her hand and keep her on the air. These things build ratings. Just ask Imus. Somehow, Imus will still be doing his show long after he's dead and buried.

I hate this woman. She makes incredibly quick judgments and verbally abuses caller. However I think that thing about her son was proven to be a hoax.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

I despise her. She's such a heartless, hypocritical bitch. People call in with problems and half the time she excoriates them, making them feel worse. She's also a puritanical, holier than thou harpy which is funny considering those nude, spread eagle pictures that surfaced a few years ago.

I had to stop listening to her because I was seriously concerned that I would burst a blood vessel while screaming at my radio.

i listen to talk Radio during the day, and had to stop listening to my favorite station when they insisted on putting her stupid show on the air.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

"Dr." Laura should apologize for her radio show and then quit, never to be seen or heard again.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Wow. She should either quit or be fired, definitely.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Never heard if this dr Laura. I don't think she should be fired for saying a word that she didn't direct at anybody... I think she should be fired for giving out such shitty advice. If her husbands friends are calling her the n word, she needs to work on her relationship with her husband. He should immediately ditch people who disrespect his wife. That should be the advice a therapist gives.

I loathe this bitch. LOATHE. DIE SLUT.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information