Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie Admits She Isn't Completely "Sane"

Default Angelina Jolie Admits She Isn't Completely "Sane"

A little something to get the weekend started...

Angelina Jolie Admits She Isn't Completely "Sane" - omg! news on Yahoo!

Angelina Jolie Admits She Isn't Completely "Sane"Us Magazine - July 23, 2010 12:49 PM PDT

Kevin Winter/Getty ImagesUs Magazine These days, Angelina Jolie may not be wearing blood vials or locking lips with her brother, but the 35-year-old mother-of-six insists she still has a wild side.

In a new USA Today interview, she says: "There's certainly a side of me that isn't completely ..." Pausing to search for the right word, she then adds, "Sane. Or completely 'even' all the time. We all have our dark sides."'

In her case, Jolie says her dark side was exposed in the public eye.

"I grew up in front of everybody, really," she says. "The big years of exploration."

Jolie famously dived into a pool in her Golden Globes dress after winning for her role as a drug addicted model in 1998's Gia. And then there was all that bizarre Billy Bob stuff.

"There was a certain madness I was going through," says the actress. "I learned a lot about myself." But she isn't embarrassed. "People tend to sum up times in your life and simplify," she says. "I would say there's a way of being bold when you're young that seems very brave. ... What's perceived as tough is a very funny thing. I think to be a parent is one of the scariest, boldest things to do, as opposed to, um, getting a tattoo. ... Much more than jumping into a pool when you're 20."

She credits beau Brad Pitt with making her "a better person. I've learned so much from him, as you do when you come together with another person. You both make each other better. You both learn about the best of each other, and recognize the things where you're failing, or where you need to step up. When it's a great partnership, you really are patient with each other."

Pitt, 46, "has been a huge influence on me," she adds. "In all ways, from my parenting to my art, to ... everything."

But at the end of the day, Jolie says only she knows herself best.

"My evolution, and any extremes in my evolution, has been my personality, out of the nature of what's inside me," says the actress. "I'm very unaware of my public self. I don't read anything written about me. I don't look at magazines. I only watch the films and premieres if I have to. I still haven't seen some of my films.

"If you become aware of a public self," she adds, "you're in danger of becoming a very artificial person."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The 'no shit sherlock' award of the day goes to this story!

My, what a wonderful story of redemption. Some may even say it's inspiring.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^

I think it's the understatement of the year. The woman is certifiable.

She has no idea what the public thinks of her. Sure AngieJo. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    The 'no shit sherlock' award of the day goes to this story!

I Have PMS and a Handgun....
    Any Questions?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

doesn't look at herself my ass! well if thats what she wants us to believe, i'll... oh wait, i lost interest already

I like her. I hate myself for it, but I like her. Additionally, I really want to believe that there is a drop of genuine somewhere in there.

I also like Lohan, lots of self hate going on today.

Angelina Jolie Admits She Isn't Completely "Sane"
    Perhaps not, but the 'i'm so dark' thing has grown completely boring.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

^ That's what I was going to post.

She's boring. Sane? Insane? Who cares. She's still boring as hell.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

I dunno, this almost brought a tear to my eye. (Ok, from laughing...)

Guess the PR machine is in overdrive. Vrooom vrooom, Angie's got a new movie to promote!

In Defense of Angelina Jolie
    By: Marina Zogbi
    Comments (41)

One of the most polarizing movie stars working today, Angelina Jolie seems to provoke strong reactions, some of them downright hostile. Oh, I get it, I really do. I mean -- just look at her! That face, that body, that Brad, those kids, that career; it's all too much. Add general outspokenness and some downright odd behavior -- though not lately -- and we have someone who pushes buttons (including a big one marked "envy"), to say the least.

But are we being fair? This is someone who has probably done more for humanitarian causes than any other Hollywood figure under the age of 40 (including, via the Jolie-Pitt Foundation, a recent donation of $1 million to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières, for post-earthquake relief efforts in Haiti). With her latest film, 'Salt,' in which she plays a CIA operative accused of being a Russian assassin, hitting theaters Friday, we take the opportunity to investigate her alleged sins.

Sin #1: She's a homewrecker
    Jolie has often been criticized for "stealing" Brad Pitt, then married to Jennifer Aniston, when the two worked together on 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith.' While she does acknowledge that they fell in love on the set of that 2005 movie, she has also denied accusations that they consummated their relationship then: "To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive. I could not look at myself in the morning if I did that. I wouldn't be attracted to a man who would cheat on his wife."

Honestly, can we ever know exactly what went on in any relationship other than our own? (The first paparazzi photos of Brad and Angie surfaced a month after Aniston filed for divorce.) Also, in typical double-standard fashion, Brad doesn't get as much flack for this. Hey, doesn't it take two to tango?

Sin #2: She's a child collector/exploiter
    In addition to three biological children (Shiloh and twins Knox and Vivienne), Jolie and Pitt have three adopted children: Maddox (from Cambodia), Pax (Vietnam), and Zahara (Ethiopia). Complaints: 1) Why can't she adopt American children? and 2) How can a successful actress be a good mother, especially to so many kids?

As a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) since 2001, Jolie has visited and worked in places where children are often abandoned or orphaned. The poverty in these countries is generally way more extreme than in the U.S., where we do have a welfare system that -- for the most part -- works. The adopted kids all came from orphanages.

As for quality time with the kids, again, can we really judge? Most mothers have to work these days, and at least Jolie and Pitt have the money to afford good health care, education and basic necessities, unlike many parents who struggle to care for their children.

Jolie and Pitt were also criticized for selling the rights to the first images of their biological children. Rather than be hounded by paparazzi who were hellbent on taking these valuable pics, the couple sold the photos to People and Hello! magazines, then donated the money to charities including their own Jolie/Pitt Foundation (which has given grants to an AIDS clinic in Ethiopia and Make It Right, an organization devoted to rebuilding New Orleans, among other recipients). Win-win, no?

Sin #3: She's done some weird stuff
    Oh sure, we can't forget Jolie's kiss with her brother James Haven at the 2000 Oscars, or the too-public displays of affection between her and Billy Bob Thornton when they were married, or the supposed vial of his blood (which wasn't actually a vial, but never mind) that she wore around her neck, or her -- I don't know -- vague Gothiness. A lot of it seems to have been the acting out of an unconventional young woman with a difficult -- and somewhat public -- family history (her troubled relationship with her father has been well-documented). As Jolie herself has said, "I am still at heart -- and always will be -- just a punk kid with tattoos." She's never been a conformist!

No, Jolie's always been a bit of a rebel, someone who speaks her mind without the benefit of constant "spin." Surprisingly, the actress does not have a personal publicist, almost unheard of for someone of her fame.

Sin #4: She's made bad/unsuccessful movies
    Oh yes, movies. Actually, her score here is no worse than that of many stars. There was the critical and (domestic) box-office failure 'Alexander,' some forgettable fare ('Hell's Kitchen,' 'Original Sin,' 'Beyond Borders') and a few cartoonish but successful action flicks ('Gone in 60 Seconds,' 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider'); but Jolie also impressed us in films such as 'Gia,' 'Girl, Interrupted' (for which she won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar) and, yep, 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith,' the last benefiting greatly from the leads' obvious chemistry.

Though 'A Mighty Heart' (2007), in which Jolie played the wife of slain journalist Daniel Pearl, was well-received, not many people saw it, owing possibly to its depressing subject matter. Perfectly cast in the visually stunning animated 'Beowulf,' she also injected some good-humored spirit into the entertaining action-thriller 'Wanted.' In 2009 she was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of a woman whose son is kidnapped in Clint Eastwood's 'Changeling.'

So, hate her if you must, but anyone who has met with refugees and internally displaced persons in more than 20 countries, founded of the National Center for Refugee and Immigrant Children, received the first Citizen of the World Award by the United Nations Correspondents Association, was awarded the Global Humanitarian Award by the UNA-USA, and has given some memorable performances in several more-than-decent movies, can't be all that bad.

In Defense of Angelina Jolie | Inside Movies
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ok - which GR member wrote that? Mel??? LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Lily?

Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!eleventy1111 1

that body?? ummm no I am not jealous of her spindly gnarly oak branch arms and legs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information