Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie, the sleepless bartender

Default Angelina Jolie, the sleepless bartender

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Would Get Married – If the Kids Asked Them To

By Tim Nudd
    Monday July 12, 2010 09:15 AM EDT

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have never made marriage a priority. But that could change with a request from a few special people.

"I think it would be hard to say no to the kids," Jolie, 35, said Monday morning on ABC's Good Morning America in an excerpt of an interview airing Monday night on Nightline.

But so far, it hasn't been an issue, as none of their six children seem to think it's a priority, either. "They're not asking," Jolie says. "They are very aware that nothing's missing."

Jolie, who stars in the new spy thriller Salt, touches on other aspects of her family in the interview, including whether it will get any larger. She and Pitt, 46, are torn about the issue – drawn to the idea of it, yet dreading how it would stretch them even thinner.

"We always have this thing, first thing in the morning, where we're really, really tired, and we look at each other and we wonder, Are we ever going to get sleep?" the actress says. "And yet we still love the idea of having more children."

Breakfast Pandemonium
    Offering a glimpse into their daily routine, Jolie says she's better at disciplining the girls, while Pitt is better at disciplining the boys. "I think girls and Daddy can just bat their eyes," she says. "And the boys, funnily enough, can kind of get me."

She also describes the pandemonium of the Jolie-Pitts at breakfast time. "We're like bartenders. We're like waiters," she says of herself and her actor-partner. "But we still, I think, are able to do it because we manage to have a great laugh. We do it together, and we find fun in it, and because of that, it doesn't matter if you don't get sleep. It's an honor to take care of them."

On the subject of love, Jolie is asked if Pitt is the love of her life – and if there is indeed one true love for anyone. "He makes me feel like there is," she replies. Asked if they'll grow old together, she doesn't hesitate. "Of course," she says. "We wouldn't have six children if we weren't absolutely sure of that."

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Would Get Married – If the Kids Asked Them To - Couples, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt : People.com

She also describes the pandemonium of the Jolie-Pitts at breakfast time. "We're like bartenders.

Shooters for everyone!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think he's never asked her or told her he's not ready. He married Aniston and was engaged to Fishstick but Jolie has no rings. I think the kid line is a "throw down" for when she's asked why they aren't married.

Do they ever ask anything about the movie since this is why she's supposed to be giving interviews.

Why don't they sleep? My youngest was born the same time as their twins. He's in bed at 8pm and up at 7am...just like my other kid. It's called a schedule Angie Jo. Look into it.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Why don't they sleep? My youngest was born the same time as their twins. He's in bed at 8pm and up at 7am...just like my other kid. It's called a schedule Angie Jo. Look into it.
    But not children sleep through the whole night. You are just lucky!

^^True, not all kids sleep 11 hrs straight. And with 6 of em, you KNOW there's at least 2-3 that are probably problem sleepers. Yet, I agree w/the whole 'schedule' thing too. The globetrotting crap they do must just reek havoc on schedules...the time changes, etc. But hey, not my kids...

It's an honor to take care of them.

When she says shit like this, I find it difficult to believe she spends much time with them, much less takes care of them.

I was with my kids pretty much 24/7 when they were growing up and I've dealt with pooping and puking, screaming tantrums and picky behaviour at dinnertime, being blatantly bad just to get a rise out of me, sleepless nights, etc., etc., etc. Not once did I ever think, gee, this such an honour.

Not buying it. Two year olds can and do sleep through most (if not all) nights if they have a schedule.

Do the Jolie-Pitts let the 6 nannies sleep late while they run around and get the kids fed and ready in the AM? What great employers.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Do the Jolie-Pitts let the 6 nannies sleep late while they run around and get the kids fed and ready in the AM? What great employers.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I just read the article and it's really very nice. It's also on line Parade.com/jolie - nothing you haven't heard before though.

You mean they sit at the table and tell the nannies to run and get stuff. My sister had 6 kids and I never thought of her as a bartender. Everyone sat down, she brought breakfast to the table, (usually a hot egg or oatmeal breakfast) and everyone ate. You didn't like what was for breakfast, you didn't eat. But everyone ate. My sister was a good cook.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

This is part of why I can't stand her.

Such fairytale bullshit out of her mouth.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Not buying it. Two year olds can and do sleep through most (if not all) nights if they have a schedule.
    Not in my house and it was not for the want of a schedule or bedtime routine, believe it or not.

Both of my kids slept through the night by the age of two unless they were sick. I was a real stickler for regular bedtimes. It was something I would never budge on and the kids knew it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information