Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Likes Smoking Pot, Hates Celebrity Tabloids

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Joseph Gordon-Levitt Likes Smoking Pot, Hates Celebrity Tabloids

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Likes Smoking Pot, Hates Celebrity Tabloids

Joseph Gordon-Levitt wears a sharp Burberry Prorsum suit on the cover of August’s Details.
    I always forget that he got his start on that sitcom “3rd Rock From The Sun” (it seems so long ago!) but every magazine article seems to bring it up and ask how felt when the show was finally canceled.
    “I was scared and depressed for a while. Not that I had any reason to be depressed—I mean, I was going to college and everything. It was not like I was hungry. But absolutely. I was like ‘I don’t know if anybody’s gonna let me act. They’ll let me be in another sitcom, but I don’t want to do that.’”
    He also loves smoking pot (“I go on little weedfests. I’m a pothead. That’s my drug of choice.”) and thinks if you pick up a tabloid on the newsstand you’re just “wasting your time.”
    “It depresses me… when I’m at the grocery store, those magazines—they always suck me in… it’s really sad. Why shouldn’t there be beautiful works of art on the grocery stands? Like Bob Dylan said, you know, art doesn’t belong in museums, it belongs in gas stations… Even in a purely selfish way, I would absolutely argue that you are bringing bad sh– your way by consuming and enjoying that kind of hostility.”
    ~Melissa Noble
    July 6th, 2010 9:20 am

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Likes Smoking Pot, Hates Celebrity Tabloids « coverawards.com

Mmmm mm mm mmmm.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hell yeah my new fave celeb.

Hit By Ban Bus!

he's a good looking guy, hope he gets to make some adult movies soon instead of the teenie bopper flicks.

I read some parts of this article and he seems very down to earth and real. I like his view on life (at least what I read from this article). I like him, I hope he stays that way.

I always knew he's be a heartbreaker even on 3rd Rock. You could see the potential.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    he's a good looking guy, hope he gets to make some adult movies soon instead of the teenie bopper flicks.
    Inception

Summer Movies

previous

next

Summer Movies

Inception’s Joseph Gordon-Levitt Walks on Ceilings

Joseph Gordon-Levitt graces the August cover of Details magazine. He talks about how the intense training required to play his character (The Point Man) in Inception; his abiding love for smoking weed; his creative collaboration website hitRECord; and the “most valiant” thing one can do as an artist: “inspire someone else to be creative.”

Check out Gordon-Levitt’s SNL rendition of “Make ‘Em Laugh.” It’s hard not to think this audition helped him land the athletically-demanding acrobatic role in Inception, which required him to nimbly balance on walls and ceilings. And here’s TOH’s flip-cam interview with him at Sundance.
    Here’s Saturday Night Live:

Inception -- Film Review
    By Kirk Honeycutt, July 05, 2010 06:00 ET
    "Inception"

Bottom Line: A devilishly complicated, fiendishly enjoyable sci-fi voyage across a dreamscape that is thoroughly compelling.
    In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes "Inception," easily the most original movie idea in ages.

Now "original" doesn't mean its chases, cliffhangers, shoot-outs, skullduggery and last-minute rescues. Movies have trafficked in those things forever. What's new here is how writer-director Christopher Nolan repackages all this with a science-fiction concept that allows his characters to chase and shoot across multiple levels of reality.

This is, in some ways, a con-game movie, only the action takes place entirely within the characters' minds while they dream.

Following up on such ingenious and intriguing films as "The Dark Knight" and "Memento," Nolan has outdone himself. "Inception" puts him not only at the top of the heap of sci-fi all-stars, but it also should put this Warner Bros. release near or at the top of the summer movies. It's very hard to see how a film that plays so winningly to so many demographics would not be a worldwide hit.

Not that the film doesn't have its antecedents. "Dreamscape" (1984) featured a man who could enter and manipulate dreams, and, of course, in "The Matrix" (1999) human beings and machines battled on various reality levels created by artificial intelligence.

In "Inception," Nolan imagines a new kind of corporate espionage wherein a thief enters a person's brain during the dream state to steal ideas. This is done by an entire team of "extractors" who design the architecture of the dreams, forge identities within the dream and even pharmacologically help several people to share these dreams.

Leonardo DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a master extractor, who is for what initially are vague reasons on the run and cannot return home to his children in the States. Then along comes a powerful businessman, Saito (Ken Watanabe), who offers Dom his life back -- if he'll perform a special job.

Saito wants Dom to do the impossible: Instead of stealing an idea, he wants Dom to plant one, an idea that will cause the mark, Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy), to break up his father's multibillion-dollar corporation for "emotional" reasons.

Meanwhile, you meet the other team members -- Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), Dom's longtime point man; Eames (Tom Hardy), the forger; Yusuf (Dileep Rao), the chemist; and Dom's father-in-law (Michael Caine), who is not on the team but the professor who taught Dom to share dreams.

Dom's late wife, Mal (Marion Cotillard), haunts his own dreamworld like a kind of Mata Hari, intent on messing with his mind if not staking a claim to his very life. He doesn't let on about this, but Dom's new architect, Ariadne (Ellen Page), figures it out -- which makes her realize how dangerous it is to share dreams with Dom.

A good deal of the first hour is spent, essentially, selling the audience on this sci-fi idea. As you witness an extraction that fails and then Dom's recruitment of his new team around the world, the movie lays out all the hows, whys, whos and what-the-hells behind "extractions."

If you don't follow all this, join the club. It will perhaps take multiple viewings of these multiple dream states to extract all the logic and regulations. (At least that's what the filmmakers hope.)

Something else might come more easily on subsequent viewings: With incredibly tense situations suspended across so many dreams within dreams, all that restless energy might induce a kind of reverse stress in audiences, producing not quite tedium, but you may want to shout, "C'mon, let's get on with it."

This is especially true when the hectic action in one dream, a van rolling down a hill with its dreamers aboard, causes a hotel corridor to roll in another, producing a weightless state in the characters. Even Fred Astaire didn't dance on the ceiling as much as these guys do.

Probably what "sells" this tricky movie is the actors. In his second consecutive movie to question reality -- "Shutter Island" came earlier this year, remember -- DiCaprio anchors the film with a performance that is low-key yet intense despite hysterical chaos breaking out all around him.

Page too displays sharp intelligence and determination in the face of this absolute jumble of reality. Especially surprising is Murphy as the mark; you find yourself genuinely sympathetic to a guy who just wanted to catch a little shut-eye and finds his mind kidnapped.

It also is nice that Nolan strives to keep CG effects to a minimum and do as many stunts in-camera as possible. This photo-realism certainly helps to keep the dream realities looking more plausible.

Credit cinematographer Wally Pfister with so neatly blending the real and surreal without any hokey moments. Ditto that for production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas and the various stunt coordinators and effects teams. Meanwhile, editor Lee Smith does a Herculean job of juggling those different realities.

Sometimes originality comes at a cost though: At the end, you may find yourself utterly exhausted.

Opens: July 16 (Warner Bros.)
    Inception -- Film Review

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75o-F6ja2I[/YOUTUBE]

I'd love to smoke a blunt with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I'd love to smoke a blunt with him

I'd like to turn Joseph Gordon-Levitt onto my special kinda tea & various baked goods
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

sexay.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

SVZ

crazy that he isn't part asian

God, he looks so much like Heath Ledger here.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

if i ever get fantardish, it very likely could be over this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    he's done a few really good adult movies in the past 5 years or so.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I had a 'thing' for him on 3rd Rock and still do.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post
    God, he looks so much like Heath Ledger here.
    On a lot of the comic book/movie forums, (yes, I'm a comic book geek) A lot of people want him to play the joker in the third batman movie. Because he resembles Heath so much, and he's a great actor.

Hit By Ban Bus!

He was such a cutie-patootie in Ten Things I Hate About You, and I swear, Brick is one of my favorite movies and Joseph was phenomenal in it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information