Thread: Christina Hendricks Talks Body Envy

Default Christina Hendricks Talks Body Envy

Mad Men’ bombshell Christina Hendricks is on the cover of Health Magazine and in the accompanying interview, the redhead talks about her curvy figure, her alter ego Joan Holloway, and what it’s like to have people Googling her bra size.
    On women wanting her body:

“Really? They don’t say Jessica Alba? ‘Cause that’s what I say! It’s such a compliment, because of all those times I had agents who were like, “You have to lose some weight,” and all of a sudden, people are celebrating it. It’s like: “Oh, thank you! Thank you for letting me be me.”
    On people Googling her cup size:
    “It’s weird, but it doesn’t surprise me. I made the grave mistake after one awards show of reading comments online about what I wore, and I was like, “Oh my God, people are so mean!” I still remember all those negative comments, despite all the wonderful positivity. That’s why we’re all in therapy! [We remember] the 10 bad things that happen to us instead of the 100 nice ones.”
    On similarities with her ‘Mad Men’ character, Joan Holloway:
    “When I first started to play her, I would think, oh my God, I would never want to hang out with this person. She would crush me like a bug! And then, I started to love her. I think Joan and I have a “no excuses” kind of mentality–I’m going to stand by my decisions, no regrets, no apologies. But she is far more confident than I am. She’s far more confident than most women are in the world!”
    On her vices:
    “I like salty, creamy foods. I could sit down with a bag of chips and French onion dip and go to town! That would be on my last-supper list. But I discovered that dry French onion soup mix in nonfat yogurt tastes just as good. It really does!”
    On when she’s the happiest:
    “I’m happiest with my husband and my best friend. Just hanging out at home or at my best friend’s house. It’s about having a kindred spirit. It reminds you that in all this chaos when everything can be so nuts and you never know what’s genuine and what’s not, that you know for sure this is.”

Christina Hendricks Talks Jessica Alba and Body Envy » abdie.web.id
    Last edited by mb86; July 6th, 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mb86 View Post
    On her vices:
    “I like salty, creamy foods. I could sit down with a bag of chips and French onion dip and go to town! That would be on my last-supper list. But I discovered that dry French onion soup mix in nonfat yogurt tastes just as good. It really does!”
    I do the same thing with ranch powder and plain Greek yogurt. It's much healthier than a typical ranch dip.

Thread Information